Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

Is there any chance that Disney could gradually retheme to the OT? It will make them more money. They’ll still get the average park goers coming to the land, but now they’ll have fans knocking their doors down to see their favorite characters. Many people don’t want to board the falcon just to see Hondo. Many casual fans don’t know who he is. Despite his Clone Wars popularity, the bulk of fans would line up more to see Han on the falcon. Same with Rise. People would much rather be chased by Vader than Kylo. Younger fans at least know who he is, and older fans who weren’t interested in the land previously will flock. A rise retheme would be easy. Swap the queue hologram with Leia, swap Poe’s x wing with Luke’s, add the falcon into the footage on the transport ship, swap the stormtrooper costumes, with the interrogation preshow, swap the film to Vader and one of his admirals, ending in a force choke of the admiral, in the ATAT room, and swap both Finn animatronics with Han and Chewy with some funny dialogue while they blast at the stormtroopers. The bigger changes would be later in the ride. Swap the Kylo and Hux AA’s for Vader and the Palps looking at the construction of the 2nd Death Star out the window. Vader will then hunt you down at the order of palps, replacing the current Kylo hallway projection. In the elevators, make it darker, and you can hear heavy clanking on top before Vader’s breathing is heard and the current lightsaber effect is used. In the cannon hallway, leave it generally unchanged, just add some OT ships to the film playing in the windows. Add C3PO and R2 standing next to a cannon with R2 trying to hack and disable the tractor beam of the Star Destroyer. The finale will be replaced in a move similar to Jaws because of how unreliable it is. You finally come face to face with Vader with his lightsaber already ignited (to avoid a challenging effect to pull off). He taunts you, and uses the force to pull you closer until an AA of Luke Jumps up from the floor below with his lightsaber. This would be between ESB and ROTJ, so his lightsaber would be green. (We’ll ignore the ROTJ deleted lightsaber construction scene.) His jump will be similar to the original Dilophosaurus effect from the Hollywood JPRA. The two will then duel for the grand finale as a laser beam blasts the windows leaving a blast of smoke and red lights. The dueling will be a more advanced version of the effect on the Paris POTC. The finale will buy you enough time to head to the escape pod. Once you land, you’ll meet C3PO and R2 in their crashed escape pod before exiting. The use of the imperial March will be prominent during the Vader scenes, giving this a good, old-school Star Wars feel that appeals to the younger fans while dragging the older die-hards to the park

Is there any chance that Disney could gradually retheme to the OT? It will make them more money. They’ll still get the average park goers coming to the land, but now they’ll have fans knocking their doors down to see their favorite characters. Many people don’t want to board the falcon just to see Hondo. Many casual fans don’t know who he is. Despite his Clone Wars popularity, the bulk of fans would line up more to see Han on the falcon. Same with Rise. People would much rather be chased by Vader than Kylo. Younger fans at least know who he is, and older fans who weren’t interested in the land previously will flock. A rise retheme would be easy. Swap the queue hologram with Leia, swap Poe’s x wing with Luke’s, add the falcon into the footage on the transport ship, swap the stormtrooper costumes, with the interrogation preshow, swap the film to Vader and one of his admirals, ending in a force choke of the admiral, in the ATAT room, and swap both Finn animatronics with Han and Chewy with some funny dialogue while they blast at the stormtroopers. The bigger changes would be later in the ride. Swap the Kylo and Hux AA’s for Vader and the Palps looking at the construction of the 2nd Death Star out the window. Vader will then hunt you down at the order of palps, replacing the current Kylo hallway projection. In the elevators, make it darker, and you can hear heavy clanking on top before Vader’s breathing is heard and the current lightsaber effect is used. In the cannon hallway, leave it generally unchanged, just add some OT ships to the film playing in the windows. Add C3PO and R2 standing next to a cannon with R2 trying to hack and disable the tractor beam of the Star Destroyer. The finale will be replaced in a move similar to Jaws because of how unreliable it is. You finally come face to face with Vader with his lightsaber already ignited (to avoid a challenging effect to pull off). He taunts you, and uses the force to pull you closer until an AA of Luke Jumps up from the floor below with his lightsaber. This would be between ESB and ROTJ, so his lightsaber would be green. (We’ll ignore the ROTJ deleted lightsaber construction scene.) His jump will be similar to the original Dilophosaurus effect from the Hollywood JPRA. The two will then duel for the grand finale as a laser beam blasts the windows leaving a blast of smoke and red lights. The dueling will be a more advanced version of the effect on the Paris POTC. The finale will buy you enough time to head to the escape pod. Once you land, you’ll meet C3PO and R2 in their crashed escape pod before exiting. The use of the imperial March will be prominent during the Vader scenes, giving this a good, old-school Star Wars feel that appeals to the younger fans while dragging the older die-hards to the park
Mixing in some more OT? Yes

But a Retheme? No way, Mando can be added because he fits in with the timeline of after the Empire fell. But sadly doubt we will see that much OT outside of what shows up in the Disney Plus shows set after Empire.

The funniest part of both rides are themed to OT moments butttt forced you to be in the worst movies. One ride is literally a Han Solo ride without him. The other has Vehicles that are ALL Empire but redesigned (which lets talk about how dumb the first order is for making another mega weapon over a fleet of super ships like Thrawn wanted in the Empire days and was right about those be much more effective.)

Mixing in some more OT? Yes

But a Retheme? No way, Mando can be added because he fits in with the timeline of after the Empire fell. But sadly doubt we will see that much OT outside of what shows up in the Disney Plus shows set after Empire.

The funniest part of both rides are themed to OT moments butttt forced you to be in the worst movies. One ride is literally a Han Solo ride without him. The other has Vehicles that are ALL Empire but redesigned (which lets talk about how dumb the first order is for making another mega weapon over a fleet of super ships like Thrawn wanted in the Empire days and was right about those be much more effective.)
To be honest, a retheme wouldn’t be as extensive as people think. It would be more of a rebranding. Use all existing infrastructure and swap out the walk-arounds. If you look closely at the land, nothing’s directly tied to the Sequels. Supposedly Disney did this on purpose in case the Sequel theme failed. After Kathleen Kennedy forced the higher-ups to make it Sequel themed, lots of them weren’t too happy, and may have purposely left a foot in the door. Who knows, nothing will probably happen, but if it does, they’ll probably slowly roll out some mild OT branding or even PT branding, and if it works, then they might start to consider ride alterations. It goes unspoken that we need the adventures of jar jar binks to replace rise anyways... lol

Zero percent chance a retheme and no reason to, SWGE issues are beyond which trilogy is shown.
SWGE issues are all fairly fixable though. It would take minimal investment to vastly improve the land by adding a stunt show up on the cat walks throughout the land, do something cooler with the stage than just Kylo walking out of the ship, get droids actually going through the land, and expand Olga's to add a sit-down restaurant to it as originally promised.

A lot of the issues people have with the land do lie squarely with it being set in one set time period, which I don't think is necessary. I'm not saying that's the problem, but if you take it out of that specific time period, it opens up so many more possibilities for characters to make appearances in the land. Right now only new trilogy characters that frankly no one cares about are in the land. Adding Darth Vader, Maando, Boba, etc would have people a lot more exited in general.

Admittedly that's a lot that needs to be fixed without even adding a ride or anything, but the infrastructure is all there for them as far as i'm concerned, they just have to utilize it correctly.

SWGE issues are all fairly fixable though. It would take minimal investment to vastly improve the land by adding a stunt show up on the cat walks throughout the land, do something cooler with the stage than just Kylo walking out of the ship, get droids actually going through the land, and expand Olga's to add a sit-down restaurant to it as originally promised.

A lot of the issues people have with the land do lie squarely with it being set in one set time period, which I don't think is necessary. I'm not saying that's the problem, but if you take it out of that specific time period, it opens up so many more possibilities for characters to make appearances in the land. Right now only new trilogy characters that frankly no one cares about are in the land. Adding Darth Vader, Maando, Boba, etc would have people a lot more exited in general.

Admittedly that's a lot that needs to be fixed without even adding a ride or anything, but the infrastructure is all there for them as far as i'm concerned, they just have to utilize it correctly.
I'm convinced they could throw Darth Vader into the land tomorrow and nobody would bat an eye

adding a stunt show up on the cat walks throughout the land, do something cooler with the stage than just Kylo walking out of the ship, get droids actually going through the land, and expand Olga's to add a sit-down restaurant to it as originally promised.

Really, I think this is all that the land actually "needs."

Would another ride be nice? Of course. Would dropping the firm time setting be a good idea? Probably. But I think there's way more right with the current land than wrong with the current land.

I'm convinced they could throw Darth Vader into the land tomorrow and nobody would bat an eye
No one cares....if its cool people like it.

The only people who would are the same people who still go to the parks anyway so Disney doesn't care. Pirates for almost 20 years now has had Jack...most fans don't like him there but Disney doesn't care.

But I do agree throwing characters in wont fix the land, the bar needs a restaurant/show and a stunt show/Ships flying at night during peak seasons would make the land feel more alive...along with Droids and Bounty hunters
I think many fans are lucky these did not happen day one when it would have been all sequel characters now Mando/Clone/Rebel characters could be added as well

No one cares....if its cool people like it.

The only people who would are the same people who still go to the parks anyway so Disney doesn't care. Pirates for almost 20 years now has had Jack...most fans don't like him there but Disney doesn't care.

But I do agree throwing characters in wont fix the land, the bar needs a restaurant/show and a stunt show/Ships flying at night during peak seasons would make the land feel more alive...along with Droids and Bounty hunters
I think many fans are lucky these did not happen day one when it would have been all sequel characters now Mando/Clone/Rebel characters could be added as well
So Disney spend money on paying for Jonny Depp's likeness and voice, spend money on creating these very expensive AA's and they don't care most fans don't like it? I fail to see the logic in that.
I bet Disney would start the Kylo vs Darth dance off if it would delight their guests and sell cupcakes.

So Disney spend money on paying for Jonny Depp's likeness and voice, spend money on creating these very expensive AA's and they don't care most fans don't like it? I fail to see the logic in that.
I bet Disney would start the Kylo vs Darth dance off if it would delight their guests and sell cupcakes.
Its been 20 years, they know most people don't care for it. They could change it hell make it another Pirate and stop the "focus" on Jack. No one in the history of this earth thinks the "new" Pirates story is better than just experiencing seeing what a city attacked by Pirates is like.

I'm just saying Disney doesn't care what we think, if they can make money they will do it. If they can add Mando walking around and some droids to land and it bumps up guests satisfaction thats what they will do. They will no redo the land much more than that.
I am however confused after how much money and sold out B&TB restaurant does in Florida why they didn't try and make a Star Wars restaurant like it, they could rake in the money but no...."budget" when they make a billion bucks a marvel movie..lol

Listen, I LOVE Galaxy's Edge. But even I can admit there isn't enough to do that isn't pay-to-play (Savi and Droid). I would even consider something like Rise and especially Oga's as experiences that a good chunk of visitors don't get to see. Oga's should be double the size and there needs to be more character interactions and events (post-COVID, obvs). Just walking around a dirty outpost just doesn't do it for me anymore.

Listen, I LOVE Galaxy's Edge. But even I can admit there isn't enough to do that isn't pay-to-play (Savi and Droid). I would even consider something like Rise and especially Oga's as experiences that a good chunk of visitors don't get to see. Oga's should be double the size and there needs to be more character interactions and events (post-COVID, obvs). Just walking around a dirty outpost just doesn't do it for me anymore.
Yeah it lacks a lot it's in and out for me, nothing to hold you there.

Honest question, what is the difference between that and any other land? Wizarding World, Avatar, Cars....if you’re not on a ride, eating, or spending money, aren’t all these hyper-immersive 2-ride lands kind of the same?

Unpopular opinion, but I’d really like to see parks abandon the single-IP land trend and go back to more overarching themes. It makes expansion so much easier and doesn’t pigeonhole what you can/can’t offer in terms of entertainment.

I knew those tariffs were a bad idea

But seriously...I've never actually seen anyone with one or be able to hold one lol...are they worth it?

This is why we needed the Trade Federation.

I was lucky and able to get a booking for the lightsaber experience in Fall 2019. The physical item itself is cool, about the size of my forearm (in canon they should be smaller, but splitting hairs), and look really cool in dim to dark lighting with the blade lit up. If you're a die hard SW fan and would keep it on your desk or something like that and show it to friends, if you got the money go for it, but otherwise I wouldn't bother.

For anyone who's done both -- lightsaber or droid? A friend of mine asked, has a 10 y.o.
My wife also built a droid on that trip, and I thought of it as a more tech-y version of Build-a-Bear. We played around with it a bit at home but that hasn't been touched since. If you want to make a more "wow" of a memory in the park, build a saber, but something for a kid to play with after, do the droid. If the prices hurt too much, don't bother.

It's really crazy to justify this stuff to anybody but lifelong fans of the material. To be honest, the best thing I enjoyed there was the Fuzzy Tauntaun in Oga's and the Ronto Wraps. We now make them at home for May the 4th.

It's really crazy to justify this stuff to anybody but lifelong fans of the material. To be honest, the best thing I enjoyed there was the Fuzzy Tauntaun in Oga's and the Ronto Wraps. We now make them at home for May the 4th.

Can you send the link to the Ronto Wrap recipe? Those things are just:
1619066356283.png