Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS)

Disappointing but somewhat expected with any ride. God I can't wait to read WDW though. I cannot stand the people who constant bash Hagrid's on there and act like its never open, eat their words with this ride lol. Im not even a "Stan" for either company but the hyperbole is just ridiculous sometimes.
The bashers (Universal ENVY) over there hate everything Universal and don't even go there. Their opinions are meaningless.

Disappointing but somewhat expected with any ride. God I can't wait to read WDW though. I cannot stand the people who constant bash Hagrid's on there and act like its never open, eat their words with this ride lol. Im not even a "Stan" for either company but the hyperbole is just ridiculous sometimes.

I think the thing to remember is if it's a "problem" at one, it's usually a problem at the other. Both aren't perfect, and are prone to missteps. A lot of people fail to realize that just so they can cheerlead for a meaningless battle (battle, of course, being used in the loosest sense of the word).

I think the thing to remember is if it's a "problem" at one, it's usually a problem at the other. Both aren't perfect, and are prone to missteps. A lot of people fail to realize that just so they can cheerlead for a meaningless battle (battle, of course, being used in the loosest sense of the word).
Exactly. Even some people on here who bash Disney for being so slow on construction don't say a word about the Toon lagoon Theatre being vacant for a literal decade lol. As you said both companies have success and both have failures. Neither is perfect and likely never will be. That being said, hyped af to see this ride.

Exactly. Even some people on here who bash Disney for being so slow on construction don't say a word about the Toon lagoon Theatre being vacant for a literal decade lol. As you said both companies have success and both have failures. Neither is perfect and likely never will be. That being said, hyped af to see this ride.

Well, those are 2 completely different things, but that's a convo for a different thread. :lol:

Fair I guess I'm more so saying how fans can't recognize the faults of their own company. Disney fans fail to recognize their own faults and Universal fans can be the same.
Not sure I agree with that...at least,when it comes to IU Forums. Posters here are also pretty critical of Universal issues and voice their disapproval often concerning...
* Toon Lagoon Theater remaining empty
*F&F
*Inbalance of screen attractions at USF side
*Fear Factor Live
*Minion Mayhem quitting 3D
*Kidzone
*Sindbad Theater empty
*Hagrid's downtime, though everyone loves the ride itself
*F&F
*Terminator replacement taking so long
*Production Central look
*F&F
*unfinished building facade sight lines
*lack of advance Universal public announcements
and more

IU posters are pretty balanced, and short of GESWL and Disney pricing (which even Disney sites knock), say a lot of nice things about Disney, which is a fav destination for most IU people too.

Not sure I agree with that...at least,when it comes to IU Forums. Posters here are also pretty critical of Universal issues and voice their disapproval often concerning...
* Toon Lagoon Theater remaining empty
*F&F
*Inbalance of screen attractions at USF side
*Fear Factor Live
*Minion Mayhem quitting 3D
*Kidzone
*Sindbad Theater empty
*Hagrid's downtime, though everyone loves the ride itself
*F&F
*Terminator replacement taking so long
*Production Central look
*F&F
*unfinished building facade sight lines
*lack of advance Universal public announcements
and more

IU posters are pretty balanced, and short of GESWL and Disney pricing (which even Disney sites knock), say a lot of nice things about Disney, which is a fav destination for most IU people too.
Maybe I generalized a bit, my apologies. It is fairly balanced on here which I love. I feel we can have genuine conversations on these topics which is refreshing and a big reason why I love it here on IU.

Maybe I generalized a bit, my apologies. It is fairly balanced on here which I love. I feel we can have genuine conversations on these topics which is refreshing and a big reason why I love it here on IU.
:thumbsup:...Yes, by far the friendliest theme park forum. There were a few short burps in past years, but those posters moved on or were moved out. Pretty good bunch for the most part.

:thumbsup:...Yes, by far the friendliest theme park forum. There were a few short burps in past years, but those posters moved on or were moved out. Pretty good bunch for the most part.
Oh absolutely. As someone with not many friends in real life, and partakes in many forums, its not even close, IU is the best. Easily best community I've found on the internet. Didn't mean to lump everyone in with my argument lol I do love it here for sure.

I have to wonder what the preview process is going to be for this considering the technical issues. We haven’t heard anything for CMs or APs. Do we know if APs are going to be blocked out again?

Hoping the ride system works, cause the work inside is impressive. The rest of the land may not "feel" like Star Wars in some parts, but this ride's placemaking/theming definitely makes it feel like Star Wars.
They’ll get it going. Eventually. Like Hagrid’s, Flight of Passage, and Gringotts before it, the best thing to bring with you to the park come December 5th is patience.

Stuff like this is always why I personally do my best to wait until at least a few months after an attraction opens. Visited UOR in September and Hagrid's was probably running at its best at that point. Obviously its still not 100% but I try and give these attractions a bit of a start before I go and ride.

I can't wait to hear first reactions. This is supposedly going to be one of the most innovative attractions to be built to date. I don't know what to expect, but as a major Star Wars nerd Rise seems like what I wanted out of a Star Wars theme park. Lets really hope its (pun intended) EPIC!!!!

So looking at on site hotels the opening week pretty much everything is sold out, yet the park is only open until 9 with EMH for an hour 1 day a week. 4 hours less of running time for a park and land that is gonna be jammed.

Disney has 36,000 hotel rooms on site alone , most of which should be occupied, Lets assume each room has on average 3 people. That's 108,000 people. Lets assume the average trip is 4 days and people will ride this once on the trip. That's a possibly needed capacity of 27,000 people a day or 2,250 per hour for just on site guests alone. Now we could take away from that needed capacity number for younger/older guests or longer trips where people still only go once, but I think at least for a while we could assume other guests are packing hotel rooms full and making short trips just to get on this ride. Now consider the fact that not even weekday select passes are blocked out (besides weekends) until Dec 19th and we don't know how many people are staying off site coming to get on the ride as well and think about how terrible this opening is going to be.

As I have probably said before the blame the guest for booking a vacation just to ride this argument is mostly nonsense. I understand unforeseen technical difficulties happen sometimes, but the park announced a hard opening date and is so far seemingly doing almost nothing to manage capacity of this ride. There is just no reason that they cannot afford to pay people to staff at least star wars land an extra 4 hours a day at least for the first few weeks after opening. There is no reason they cannot look at their bookings and do assigned entry times to on site guests followed by other groups way ahead of times. They are just greedy with greedy money extracting shareholders who need to see long lines. If I am a guest staying multiple days at one of THE MOST expensive parks in the world and Disney does not manage capacity or give a specific warning about limited operations for this ride in time for me to change plans you are damn straight I expect to get on this ride and would pretty much want to get comped a day if I could not. It sure as hell isn't the guest's fault that Disney screwed up offering extra magic hours too early in the year before the whole land was open and now feels the need to cheap out.

Now maybe they make some last minute adjustments but given how far out people make trips it seems doubtful. Maybe they are just lying about the hotels being sold out but I just cant see it at least for the first few weeks.

So looking at on site hotels the opening week pretty much everything is sold out, yet the park is only open until 9 with EMH for an hour 1 day a week. 4 hours less of running time for a park and land that is gonna be jammed.

Disney has 36,000 hotel rooms on site alone , most of which should be occupied, Lets assume each room has on average 3 people. That's 108,000 people. Lets assume the average trip is 4 days and people will ride this once on the trip. That's a possibly needed capacity of 27,000 people a day or 2,250 per hour for just on site guests alone. Now we could take away from that needed capacity number for younger/older guests or longer trips where people still only go once, but I think at least for a while we could assume other guests are packing hotel rooms full and making short trips just to get on this ride. Now consider the fact that not even weekday select passes are blocked out (besides weekends) until Dec 19th and we don't know how many people are staying off site coming to get on the ride as well and think about how terrible this opening is going to be.

As I have probably said before the blame the guest for booking a vacation just to ride this argument is mostly nonsense. I understand unforeseen technical difficulties happen sometimes, but the park announced a hard opening date and is so far seemingly doing almost nothing to manage capacity of this ride. There is just no reason that they cannot afford to pay people to staff at least star wars land an extra 4 hours a day at least for the first few weeks after opening. There is no reason they cannot look at their bookings and do assigned entry times to on site guests followed by other groups way ahead of times. They are just greedy with greedy money extracting shareholders who need to see long lines. If I am a guest staying multiple days at one of THE MOST expensive parks in the world and Disney does not manage capacity or give a specific warning about limited operations for this ride in time for me to change plans you are damn straight I expect to get on this ride and would pretty much want to get comped a day if I could not. It sure as hell isn't the guest's fault that Disney screwed up offering extra magic hours too early in the year before the whole land was open and now feels the need to cheap out.

Now maybe they make some last minute adjustments but given how far out people make trips it seems doubtful. Maybe they are just lying about the hotels being sold out but I just cant see it at least for the first few weeks.

Why pay staff to stay for an extra 4 hours a day when you can make guests buy an extra day at the park and all the food and merchandise sales that come with it.

Why pay staff to stay for an extra 4 hours a day when you can make guests buy an extra day at the park and all the food and merchandise sales that come with it.
Yes they do this these days because they are greedy jerks, but in this case with the opening you are only compounding your capacity issues from one day to another when you already sold out. A guest relations nightmare and crowd control measures are also costs, but Disney seems to have no problem forcing their employees to take the heat for their cheapness these days.