Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DL)

Wow, after seeing Rise’s standby results in Orlando, the boarding groups need to be dropped here ASAP! So jealous of the Florida peeps getting multiple rides in with short waits. Yes, we need to see how it does on a busier weekend.

Why is that?
I’m assuming they’re switching it from boarding groups to stand by for Lightning Lane implementation with Genie+. That system hasn’t been widely utilized or tested for DL yet and will undoubtedly have issues. Doing this during the busy holiday season seems like a bad idea.

I’m assuming they’re switching it from boarding groups to stand by for Lightning Lane implementation with Genie+. That system hasn’t been widely utilized or tested for DL yet and will undoubtedly have issues. Doing this during the busy holiday season seems like a bad idea.
The park has the same crowds everyday because of the reservations. Weekdays just have more magic keys peeps. I've been keeping tabs on the wait-times and they're all the same regardless of the day and holiday.

The park has the same crowds everyday because of the reservations. Weekdays just have more magic keys peeps. I've been keeping tabs on the wait-times and they're all the same regardless of the day and holiday.
Holiday season is just starting this week. Idk how you can gauge crowd levels for the holiday just yet.

I think I heard somewhere that there would be some days they would be using the boarding groups again. That would probably be the holiday season.

Well, I'm glad the boarding groups will likely not be used on the 29th when I go. I'm going with a fairly big group so it will be nice to not have to deal with that headache.

And as of today, it’s at a stand by queue with a current wait time of 95 min. Yeesh. I much rather get a boarding pass and know when I’m going to wait 30 min versus doing a rope drop to Rise or having to wait in a long line.

And as of today, it’s at a stand by queue with a current wait time of 95 min. Yeesh. I much rather get a boarding pass and know when I’m going to wait 30 min versus doing a rope drop to Rise or having to wait in a long line.

IDK. I'm going to DW in a few weeks, and, since we only have 1 HS reservation, I'm glad I can just get up early that morning and get to ride it vs risking missing the 10 second window to get a boarding group.

IDK. I'm going to DW in a few weeks, and, since we only have 1 HS reservation, I'm glad I can just get up early that morning and get to ride it vs risking missing the 10 second window to get a boarding group.
We rode it in HS on D+ day when entry was 1 hour before park open. Only 45 mins, not too bad. And the only reason it worked out was because there were no LL riders in the queue.

Rope drops for Rise at DW have been crazy. Heard someone saying they got in early before park opening and it was already nearly 2 hours.

For DL, this kinda screws my route of hitting FL rides early while waiting for my boarding group to get called.

Rope drops for Rise at DW have been crazy. Heard someone saying they got in early before park opening and it was already nearly 2 hours.

For DL, this kinda screws my route of hitting FL rides early while waiting for my boarding group to get called.

Yeah, if you can get a boarding group, they are great. If you miss out though, it can wreck a "once in a lifetime" trip pretty quick.

The VQ system is the worst and I’m glad it’s gone. Don’t have to wake up early or rush to the park through LA traffic before 12. Now I can show up whenever and ride whenever. I can go eat or ride anything in the park now without checking if my group will be called, so it doesn’t interfere with those activities.

Based on what I saw on twitter, the line was 2-3 hours long in the morning, but by the evening, it had tapered off to 20-40 minutes. Others were reporting that's a similar pattern to what WDW experienced when they went stand by only. Can anyone else confirm or deny this?

Based on what I saw on twitter, the line was 2-3 hours long in the morning, but by the evening, it had tapered off to 20-40 minutes. Others were reporting that's a similar pattern to what WDW experienced when they went stand by only. Can anyone else confirm or deny this?

This is what I've seen seems to be happening, too. WDW seemed to be having the morning slam followed by a mellowing out, and that seems to be the case here now. Out of curiosity, I checked wait times yesterday around 3pm and Rise had a 70 minute wait, no different than Indy (at 75) and Space Mountain (also at 70). A few hours after that, they all continued to trend downwards.

All I could do was laugh at how all the people who felt the need to be there at park opening only to stand for hours and hours on end to ride it could've just... waited... by enjoying the rest of the park (or even coming later) and saved themselves all that wasted time for a wait after lunchtime that was barely over a single hour.