Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: The Bad Batch

I gotta admit, it's really fascinating to see the amount of time given for this premiere.

> I kind of wish Caleb had a different actor. I understand the why of having Freddie Prinze Jr for continuity sakes, but it felt a bit hilarious. Same goes albeit for Omega's actress.
> The animation quality is once again insane and I cannot get enough of this style. The foliage and terrain.
> With Rebels and Rogue One having canonical ties to the show [even as a cameo so-far], I am intensely hoping we get some representation of Fallen Order, with perhaps characters like Eno.

Glad to see Filoni involved on animation properly once again, even if it's partially a co-writing role and to help develop the show as the creator. Hopefully we get some episodes directed by him

Last edited:
I gotta admit, it's really fascinating to see the amount of time given for this premiere.
All other episodes are going to be normal Star Wars animated length. I kinda get the vibe that this was sort of meant to be similar to the 2008 theatrical Clone Wars film, which was sort of a backwards pilot for The Clone Wars TV series.

To this day....order 66 makes me want to cry....doesn't matter how many times I see the same thing happening it just gets to me

Have only watch a little of the first episode but dam, they know what they are doing and I love them for it

More proof that Filoni should drive the Star Wars story lines from this point forward. I care more about Wrecker, Omega, Dume, and the rest of the Bad Batch than I do about any of the new Characters in films 7-9.

My first go at animated SW series and I am impressed. Story was well written and kept me engaged. May need to go back and see some of the earlier series.

More proof that Filoni should drive the Star Wars story lines from this point forward. I care more about Wrecker, Omega, Dume, and the rest of the Bad Batch than I do about any of the new Characters in films 7-9.
I'll be honest and say they weren't that likeable in the last season of clone wars...but this show opens perfectly for me to be interested in whats going on

My first go at animated SW series and I am impressed. Story was well written and kept me engaged. May need to go back and see some of the earlier series.
I'd look up a guide so you can skip the "bad" episodes for me Rookies in season one is the first outstanding episode and also Echo is introduced there so links to this show. For sure watch all the Maul, Ashoka and Ventress episodes because those characters just have the most interesting plots going for them

I'd look up a guide so you can skip the "bad" episodes for me Rookies in season one is the first outstanding episode and also Echo is introduced there so links to this show. For sure watch all the Maul, Ashoka and Ventress episodes because those characters just have the most interesting plots going for them
I'm still working my way through Clone Wars... will there be anything I just won't understand if I start watching Bad Batch now? I guess what i'm asking is is this show for all intents and purposes Season 8 of Clone Wars (as i've heard some describe it as) or is it enough of a spin-off that it doesn't matter too much?

I'm still working my way through Clone Wars... will there be anything I just won't understand if I start watching Bad Batch now? I guess what i'm asking is is this show for all intents and purposes Season 8 of Clone Wars (as i've heard some describe it as) or is it enough of a spin-off that it doesn't matter too much?
So the Bad Batch do make an appearance in the last season of clone wars but do not think you have to watch that to understand the main characters but there are a lot of things from the show that while you will understand you may not care about because you didn't watch the show

I would watch it and then this after to fully enjoy the series, also if you are familiar with Rebels will help as well this show is definitely bridging both shows

Finished the First Episode

Dave is soooooo good at making Star Wars Shows. I think the intro episodes for these characters were...fine but nothing special. This show does sooooo many things right, giving us clear good villains and making the crew likable. Plus my god the animation is top tier for a TV show and has my hops high for the Monster Inc Show. Overall solid episode 8/9 out of ten easy.

Sigh..great first episode..already tired of kid getting into trouble each week. My wife said it's like a rehash of baby Yoda.

I've was inspired by this show to watch for the first time the final season of the clone wars. So much action and honestly the storylines really made it for me. Love everything about it.. familiar characters..the announcer at the beginning of the episode....even favorite villains. While Bad Batch may have better animation, I'm just not as engaged.

I've was inspired by this show to watch for the first time the final season of the clone wars. So much action and honestly the storylines really made it for me. Love everything about it.. familiar characters..the announcer at the beginning of the episode....even favorite villains. While Bad Batch may have better animation, I'm just not as engaged.
Clone Wars is a very good show because it lets you focus on sooo many kind's of characters. I wish Rebels could have been more like that as well

Think Bad Batch is great but would not mind them having a few "fun" side episodes about other characters

I still have Disney+ for the time being. Should I bite the bullet and give this a watch even though I never watched anything in any of the other series?

I still have Disney+ for the time being. Should I bite the bullet and give this a watch even though I never watched anything in any of the other series?
Errr...you can do it

But its got a LOT of characters from Clone Wars and Rebels. You could enjoy it but doubt you will love it

I guess it makes sense

but really hope season two is more about the universe than the bad batch