Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

StarWay

I'm hoping they replace the old glass panels with new ones. It is painfully obvious which are new and which are old based on their cleanliness.

I'm not exactly sure what the hell is up with the design choice for the entrance/exit archways for each escalator. Are they planning to have specially curved glass in those weird fin shaped overhangs? Canvas tarp pieces? Its just so odd...

Now for the OCD side of myself, WHY couldn't they have extended the glass roof over the staircase too!? You can't have one side angled & the other side curved. Cover the stairs!!! (okay.. maybe they will at some point... but still)

As a bit of a heads up for a name change of the thread about a month or two ago that the Starway, would be renamed under the "Lower Lot Esclators".

Keep in mind, this may be more for park staff and not guests, but if the name will be changed on the public level, expect a change to the map when Shrek 4D goes down.

I wonder if this is sort of a hint at the fate of the new lower-lot. If it'll have more of an adventurous IOA type feel to it?

On one hand, the Compass seems random if it'd be for nothing. But that I have to agree, it seems like the small thing that will try to transition those from the Upper Lot to the Lower Lot, along with giving an sense of where you are.

I can confirm that the first set of escalators are all back in action... didn't venture to the lower lot on my last visit so I didn't bother to pay attention to them. However, in an interesting bit of news... THEY REVERSED THE DIRECTION OF THE ESCALATORS!!!

The two on left are now the "DOWN" escalators, the 2 on the right are now the "UP" escalators. Not sure if this change is permanent or not, but it was definitely weird.

I can confirm that the first set of escalators are all back in action... didn't venture to the lower lot on my last visit so I didn't bother to pay attention to them. However, in an interesting bit of news... THEY REVERSED THE DIRECTION OF THE ESCALATORS!!!

The two on left are now the "DOWN" escalators, the 2 on the right are now the "UP" escalators. Not sure if this change is permanent or not, but it was definitely weird.
Maybe mechanically it’s best to have the escalators run in both directions. There might be some type of preservation doing it that way.

Normally later in the day 3 of the 4 escalators run "UP", while the 4th goes "DOWN" due less people going down to the Lower Lot. But this was a complete reversal of operations. So I'm curious to see if its the same when I go there thursday.

I was there last night and the escalators seem to be back to normal. The two on the right were the ones going down and two on the left were coming back up.

Last edited: