Street Facades in Universal | Inside Universal Forums

Street Facades in Universal

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jul 9, 2010
Charleston, SC
I just watched Vertigo for the first time and realized I've seen the Empire Hotel before. Its one of the facades in USF! I came across this page pointing out all the ones in Hollywood to their real life versions. But what about the ones everywhere else? What movies were they featured in that got them into the park?

I'll start:
5512312928_2ba84cba55_z.jpg

Source lucindalunacy on Flickr
Empire Hotel as seen in Vertigo

Last edited:
Reactions: natespf and BJCool
Thanks for the link to the USF facades. I have actually not noticed some of those before, mostly cause I'm just rushing to the next ride. In particular, I find this one to be really spectacular, considering I never even knew it was there.

replicasusf_bwhotel_usf2009ww.jpg

Watch The Sting. Some of the overhead shots of Chicago as well as a few others are near identical to the chicago Sting Alley(makes sense) section of Universal Studios Florida.

Ghostbusters And The Whiz both feature the NY Public Library as a focal point in scenes. This of course made sense when Ghostbusters was an attraction and featured an entrance are where the Firehouse is(although not identical to the one in the movie, it was once very similar) Also, the nod that is still there as an homage would be the Paranormal Travel Agency window located on one of the firehouse windows.

Also to note The Seven Year Itch. Watch that and you will see a lot of street facade looks. It is a shame so much of this is forgotten now a days.

The Kitty Kat club in the NY/Chic street secion now facing down towards Transformers construction is a reference with sleight alterations for the film Cabaret.