Studio Tour | Page 25 | Inside Universal Forums

Studio Tour

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nice blue LED uplighting planted in ground around Psycho house.

StudioTour_032715_1.jpg
StudioTour_032715_2.jpg

At the tour entrance the plywood tree surrounds have finally been replaced with nice iron grates.

StudioTour_032715_3.jpg

I could swear the lightning and thunder were better in the Little Mexico rain demonstration.  And the sound effects of the cart getting swept away in the flash flood were far more pronounced that I remember.  Also, lots more windows look dressed especially in court of miracles.  Drapes are nicer and there's lighting inside.  I think they're making progress on the night tour setup.

I could swear the lightning and thunder were better in the Little Mexico rain demonstration.  And the sound effects of the cart getting swept away in the flash flood were far more pronounced that I remember.  Also, lots more windows look dressed especially in court of miracles.  Drapes are nicer and there's lighting inside.  I think they're making progress on the night tour setup.
You should start posting "First on USHForums.com!"

But yes, the audio and lighting were upgraded this week (audio was finished on Friday). We have more information here: http://insideuniversal.net/2015/03/universal-refreshes-flash-flood-on-the-studio-tour/

Reactions: William
Yeah,! it was crazy how much upgraded audio and audio effects really improved the Flash Flood! Loved seeing it (or rather, hearing it) today! Love the low gurgling bassy sound of the water rushing down the hill.

Last night's tram tour went straight from Kong 360 behind the large metropolitan mural/sound barrier to the water tank and on to 'part the waters.'  Completely skipped picture cars, flash flood (I love the newly enhanced flash flood) and Six Points.  I was sad.

Very well could be testing the new lighting or other effects!

Speaking of, I'm still extremely curious what they'll end up doing with the Extreme Closeup/Gasolina "Soundstage". Maybe enclose it, add a fiberglass DeLorean on one of the kuka arms, and add a courthouse square forced perspective facade, and utilize the fire effects for some time traveling effects.

Or incorporate Jurassic Park/Jurassic World into that space since the jurassic park segment is right next to it. It'd be nice to see something creative.

How cool would it be if that area was turned into some sort of raptor containment area? Or even a generic dino enclosure? It'd quite literally be like being transported to Isla Nublar and taking a tour of part of the island. Lots of cool possibilities to tie that area in with the Jurassic Park theme.

Reactions: BernardMesa
Definitely lots of possibilities! Using it for a JP expansion for the tour would be fantastic! Make it a psychological scary segment with the raptors, similar to the old WDW ExtraTERRORistrial, and have sense surround of raptors running around and close to us, or have it be a Dinosaur feeding time arena. Tie it into the new movie somehow.

If they are not going to do anything for the jP ride, expanding the JP part of the tram tour would be the next best alternative in my view. Keep the Dilophosaurs, but also have something like soundspeakers in the bushed with shrieking and raptor noises, then have some pop out, surprise -like as the tram is in the middle. Make it tied to the movie, but with its own twist.

Reactions: Bonkers and Aaron
JW promotion, outside JP Outfitters, seems like it will be getting 100% push from the Tour. Probably good since that section is still promoting The Lost World. It really needs the update.

JW promotion, outside JP Outfitters, seems like it will be getting 100% push from the Tour. Probably good since that section is still promoting The Lost World. It really needs the update.
Yeah, they have one JP3 prop there...they mention Jurassic World after the segment, but then when they do the weather report before Old mexico it says 'Isla Nublar', when the image on the screen is the Stegosaur segment from TLW. (Im a big JP nerd so this bothered me)

It's nice that Universal is training new guys for the tour. They will need all the employees they can to meet demand. 

This makes me wonder if they are going to have more Mandarin and Spanish tours. Will Supercharged also have different language settings for the different tram?

Last edited by a moderator: