Studio Tour | Page 67 | Inside Universal Forums

Studio Tour

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This is gonna be a hot take for sure, but having a "rebooted" Studio Tour would be a fantastic way to ditch the 3D on the Tour. It needs to go back to its roots of celbrating practical effects.

Personally, what I would like to see is King Kong 360 getting torn down, and a more complete Skull Island experience get relocated to where Supercharged is now. I really miss having a real-life King Kong AA. I would much rather have a giant Kong AA shaking us on a bridge than have us go through a 3D speed tunnel.
I was going to say, if they're getting rid of Supercharged, wouldn't they have probably have to ditch the 3D as well? Wasn't one of the impetuses for adding a 3D experience at the end of the tour to prevent people from throwing their, at that point unnecessary, 3D glasses off the tram?

I wish they would get ride of 3D stuff but people clap for Kong 9/10 times I've been on it

My Aunt who I took last year, was also amazed by the 3D tech.....she asked how long that building had to be to fit all those screens and I was like "nope just two big screen on either side of you...you are not moving its all simulated" she couldn't understand how they could trick your mind that much

Reactions: belloq87
This is gonna be a hot take for sure, but having a "rebooted" Studio Tour would be a fantastic way to ditch the 3D on the Tour. It needs to go back to its roots of celbrating practical effects.

Personally, what I would like to see is King Kong 360 getting torn down, and a more complete Skull Island experience get relocated to where Supercharged is now. I really miss having a real-life King Kong AA. I would much rather have a giant Kong AA shaking us on a bridge than have us go through a 3D speed tunnel.
THIS. 100% agree with you this is the best take

Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

What blows my mind, though, is that through all these rumors/news -- a walking part being added, stuff getting renovated, a potential relocation -- and we still have nothing on the old dancing cars location. Like, my god, it's been years. Do something with it. This anniversary would've been the perfect time to do so and add another new experience with that rotting space, even if it's a simple one.

What blows my mind, though, is that through all these rumors/news -- a walking part being added, stuff getting renovated, a potential relocation -- and we still have nothing on the old dancing cars location. Like, my god, it's been years. Do something with it. This anniversary would've been the perfect time to do so and add another new experience with that rotting space, even if it's a simple one.
What dancing cars location? There were dancing cars? Hmm, no, no, I'm not sure I recall anything like that.

• Haha
Reactions: highdefrex
In all that I know of the 60th--that area won't be used for even a second; and I am as confused and annoyed on that as you are xD

and we still have nothing on the old dancing cars location. Like, my god, it's been years. Do something with it.
"Dancing Dinosaur Containment Area"... make it happen. Maybe even have a Dino eat a JW Handler (like Chris Pratt's Owen. He's no Dr Alan Grant or Ian Malcolm)

Wasn't one of the impetuses for adding a 3D experience at the end of the tour to prevent people from throwing their 3D glasses off the tram?
You can't prevent stupid or natural guest clumsiness. They're going to throw, drop or break the glasses regardless of how many 3D attractions are included on the tour.

I’ve always wanted to see the Monster Make-Up show make its way over here.
You mean "return". The Horror Make-up Show was another thing brought over to Orlando from Hollywood. Besides, SES was literally the latest version at USH..

The thing about HMU (in any version), it sort've only succeeds due to its cast. You don't have the right duo on stage, it'll fall flat.

Last edited:
Week 1 - The Mummy sand vortex & scarab attack
Week 2 - volcanic lava tunnel of doom
Week 3 - The Grinch's Mt Crumpet icy snow vortex of all things WHO-liday to make your heart shrink 3 sizes that day
Week 4 - BTTF time tunnel... with randomized destinations that in no way rips off Star Tours

Yup. That probably isn’t meant to be a public so….

So that was my assumption; but looking further (thanks in part to @ethanuniversal bringing this up)--it seems to be from a group event that had publicly posted 9 days ago. The group in particular being the LACounty Department of Economic Opportunity (as in, the group that posted the photos was an official government group).

If it's alright, I think it might be safe as it hasn't been taken down (and that the event was publicly brought up).

Last edited:
Great Scott! That's a very crude model... must be the work of Doc Brown!

In other news, at first glance, I thought the logo on the tram screen was NFFA from The Purge. :skull:

So that was my assumption; but looking further (thanks in part to @ethanuniversal bringing this up)--it seems to be from a group event that had publicly posted 9 days ago. The group in particular being the LACounty Department of Economic Opportunity (as in, the group that posted the photos was an official government group).

If it's alright, I think it might be safe as it hasn't been taken down (and that the event was publicly brought up).

Can see the new coaster in that model :eek:

Reactions: Wesker69