Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Studio Tour

Get your rides in on Earthquake. Supposed to close in June for a big 6-7 month refurb. Only specific thing I’ve heard is replacing the ride system. Not sure on what else is being done. Construction trailer is already on-site next to the exit of the attraction.
I believe it’s being automated. There’s usually a worker who sits in that window with the blinds.

Universal Studios Hollywood has closed the Earthquake portion of the Studio Tour for refurbishment until Spring 2024.

I know I can't stand here and complain about Universal properly refurbing and maintaining an attraction (when I've been quite displeased with what they're allowing guests to experience right now on JP River Adventure at IOA), but I also can't claim I'm not kind of bummed I won't get to see Earthquake when I visit the park later this year.

Universal Studios Hollywood has closed the Earthquake portion of the Studio Tour for refurbishment until Spring 2024.

Looks like this is our equivalent of Orlando Mummy's refurb. With how long of a refurb this will be, crazy how my last visit there two weeks ago would be my final ride on there until then.

Riding the tour yesterday, I was surprised just how much Jimmy Fallon has been phased out now. Other than the initial intro video, not a single video involving him was played for the rest of the tour; even a few months ago, they were at least still throwing in the NYC/"I'm walkin' here!" video. I'm 100% okay with that, but I just found it interesting -- each year, it's felt like they've been cutting more and more of him, and now it's almost complete. Fingers crossed someone/something else is in the pipeline for a replacement sooner than later. (Also, the Bel Air video, which I'd never seen until last night, went on for what felt like forever and got zero laughs.)

Anyway, glad I got to see Earthquake right under the wire -- genuinely looking forward to seeing how, if it all, it changes by next year!

For the record, I saw both the NYC and Six Points Texas Fallon videos on my last go. Guess I never considered how much they'd phase out, then again I probably don't have much memories of the tour when Fallon was new.

and....unfortunately we lost a similar fun experience in Orlando (Earthquake/Disaster), plus the Beetleguise show, for the amateur like, non entertaining level, laughable, F&F attraction.

Looks like this is our equivalent of Orlando Mummy's refurb. With how long of a refurb this will be, crazy how my last visit there two weeks ago would be my final ride on there until then.
From what I heard it’s because like JP the company that made the parts does not exist anymore. So it’s like a modernization of the attraction. Hopefully being fully back to its glory days!

The Nope set was also closed when I visited last Friday. It looked like they were pouring cement on the tram pathway, so it might be closed for a short while.

The tram is detouring the Earthquake building by driving to the left of the building. The tram will pass by the back of the Six Points Texas buildings on the right side of the tram and below the Elm Street in the hills to the left of the tram. Here's some info about the Elm Street set (To Kill a Mockingbird was filmed there in the 1960's), if you're not familiar with it: http://www.thestudiotour.com/wp/studios/universal-studios-hollywood/backlot/current-backlot-sets/elm-street/ Trams are unable to drive down this street b/c of a severe grade at the end of the street.

The Nope set was also closed when I visited last Friday. It looked like they were pouring cement on the tram pathway, so it might be closed for a short while.
It would be nice if they added some kind of shaking effect to the trams during the Jean Jacket sequence — having the props move and the lights flicker is a nice touch but it mostly feels hollow.

Just a thought for a new Tram Tour section, Twisters (sequel to Twister) is due out in 2024, the Orlando attraction looked entertaining enough so perhaps they could add something similar as Tram ride through?

Not sure it would be suitable as a replacement for Supercharged (I'd still want that to be BTTF personally) but IMO we need a new 'ride' section for the tour. Supercharged was back in 2015!

Just a thought for a new Tram Tour section, Twisters (sequel to Twister) is due out in 2024, the Orlando attraction looked entertaining enough so perhaps they could add something similar as Tram ride through?

Not sure it would be suitable as a replacement for Supercharged (I'd still want that to be BTTF personally) but IMO we need a new 'ride' section for the tour. Supercharged was back in 2015!
Eh I feel like that’s a stretch. I can see a BTTF theme. Wishful thinking in my end but at the same time I don’t see what else’s they could repurpose Supercharge with.

I think the studio tour isn’t getting a new ride section anytime soon, it’s super popular still with little to no update in years. First it’s really just a tour of the backlot. The only thing I see them Doing is more of the Nope experience stuff.

Earthquake is receiving an update for next year's 60th. To what extent I'm not sure, but I believe they will be highlighting this as part of the 60th. Plus, I don't believe this is the only addition for the tour next year. Don't think too big on the other addition, but if it does happen it'll be awesome.