Super Nintendo World (Epic Universe) | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World (Epic Universe)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The theming!
d4b125b1-773b-4214-8664-f4c499237500_text.gif

That's exactly what I want from an outdoor coaster in a theme park.

My instinct is to nitpick that big green Mario Kart show building wall lol... but yea, Donkey Kong Coaster is what has my attention. It will be a good addition. Would've rather had that (& Luigi's Haunted Mansion) in Hollywood over the existing NintendoLand.

Can't wait to see all the landscape & scenic details in the next month or two! Looks great so far

Reactions: devinp267
Bringing this discussion over here:
Will offset Donkey Kong's terrible capacity though
For the sake of the park's capacity, yes, but you can't really improve the Donkey Kong situation by adjusting capacity park-wide. It's still a low capacity family coaster (though hopefully not as low as we fear) located behind two bottleneck entrances.

EDIT: Perhaps when DK opens, they'll do some kind of timed entry or virtual queue scheme that makes the experience more bearable, unless the line contains experiences that are worthwhile onto themselves.
I hope I'm completely wrong on DK being in the 800-1,000 riders an hour range.
Oh, I was hoping it was wrong that it's capacity was in the 700-800 range.
Definitely see it closer to that range than what I put, I just didn't want to sound too pessimistic about it lol

At a 20-sec dispatch interval (about Space Mountain) we're looking at 720 an hour...

That's a frighteningly low range for a ride that's going to draw like an E-ticket.

Bringing this discussion over here:

That's a frighteningly low range for a ride that's going to draw like an E-ticket.
I think it's between the "frighteningly low" 720 (which is just a comp with Space Mountain) and the "optimistic and somewhat sourced" 1100 posited by the LCA studios analysis of ride testing dispatch intervals from a month or two ago. Based on what I've read and seen, I unequivocally do not think this ride has a capacity as low as 720. It's about to go through the ultimate stress test when it opens at USJ though, which is a park that's pretty much been operating at 25% lower capacity since 2019.

I think it's between the "frighteningly low" 720 (which is just a comp with Space Mountain) and the "optimistic and somewhat sourced" 1100 posited by the LCA studios analysis of ride testing dispatch intervals from a month or two ago. Based on what I've read and seen, I unequivocally do not think this ride has a capacity as low as 720. It's about to go through the ultimate stress test when it opens at USJ though, which is a park that's pretty much been operating at 25% lower capacity since 2019.
1710188851266.png
It'll be interesting to see what happens.

,I counted 20 seconds between each car, so seems space mountain like dispatch for beginning testing runs.
EDIT: Sorry my Math was wrong. At five dispatches every minute and 3 seconds reported by LCA sources, that's actually a dispatch rate of 63 seconds / 5 dispatches = 12.6 optimal dispatch time. 3600 seconds / 12.6 seconds per each dispatch = 285 dispatches per hour. 285 dispatches per hour x 4 passengers per dispatch is around 1100 passengers per hour, again based on a single anecdotal observation of dispatch testing in Japan.

They are obviously not dispatching this thing every 12.6 seconds with pinpoint accuracy, so if we assume 15 second dispatches at worse, then we get 3600 seconds / 15 seconds per dispatch = 240 dispatches per hour -> x 4 passengers per dispatch = 960 capacity.

EDIT: I guess to clear up any confusion, I had assumed they based their capacity calculations on track length, but it can (and should as @UniversalRBLX points) be derived entirely from observed dispatch rates.

Last edited:
20 seconds between each car also corresponds to the dispatch rate reported by sources in Japan (five-six cars generally passing within a minute interval, possibly to account for variability in early/late dispatches). But somehow they got a capacity of 1100 based on speed and track length? If you're dispatching five carts a minute though, your capacity's still capped to five carts a minute, irrespective of track length.
Capacity should be seen more like a checkpoint. Number of vehicles/track length/speed/etc., doesn't matter, it's how often a train passes and clears each section.