Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 224 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
You know, I remember that when WWOHP first opened at USH, people despised that office building at the back of the land (behind FOTH) and talked endlessly about how it totally broke immersion. This was a huge point of contention for enthusiasts.

And, while it admittedly took them a few months, eventually that building was painted in the USH version of "go-away-green", and you know what? Nobody ever has mentioned it again, even though that building hasn't moved one inch.

Just sayin'... we've been down this road before.

Last edited:
Like, have y'all seen the queue for Mario Kart in Osaka? It's huge. The whole upstairs outdoor queue is 100% going away once another ride opens to take pressure off the land. Just think about it, none of the outdoor line makes sense with how the land is designed. It's there for crowd control and crowd control only.

Do we know if the inside queue is the same? I just assumed they included all this outdoor queue space as they likely cut some of the indoor queue space?

Why would they? The building is the same size and shape. They'd be cutting it for no reason.

I guess that’s my question. I haven’t paid enough attention. Is the design / building exactly the same? It makes more sense in SoCal to include outdoor queue space, so if they cut some of the big indoor switchback rooms, I could see them doing it.

We don’t need to belabor this further, but I just wanna say that I feel very confident that the tarps will not make or break your experience at Super Nintendo World, and if they do, then USH never had a chance to begin with.

At that point, you’re just going out of your way and looking for something to complain about, and the park shouldn’t waste any time catering to people like that. They can’t help it if you choose to be annoyed and miserable.

Eh. COVID hysteria really wasn't a thing at that point. Sure, people were cautious but it wasn't enough to have any real impact. It wasn't until 2 weeks later that reality started hitting; and even then... there was a huge gathering in Main St for the last night before shutdowns.

It's silly to act like COVID didn't dampen the Runaway Railway opening. By the time it opened on March 4, 2020, COVID was dominating the daily news cycle, conventions in Orlando had begun to be canceled, and international travel had already slowed considerably. Sure, people were still in the parks, but go back and listen to any theme park podcast from that week and most of the talk will be about COVID -- and that was before the parks shut down on March 15. If no one is talking about a ride opening a week later, yeah, that's gonna dampen enthusiasm.

Does any of that matter for Disneyland's version? I'd say no. It's still a cloned ride that big fans could've ridden in Florida for years and it lacks the must-see factor of Rise. Mickey Mouse is popular, but he's also ubiquitous in Disney parks without ever having a real ride. Nintendo is much fresher. I don't see Runaway Railway besting Mario Kart or SNW as a whole in terms of hype.

Reactions: ParkExplorer9513
It's silly to act like COVID didn't dampen the Runaway Railway opening. By the time it opened on March 4, 2020, COVID was dominating the daily news cycle, conventions in Orlando had begun to be canceled, and international travel had already slowed considerably. Sure, people were still in the parks, but go back and listen to any theme park podcast from that week and most of the talk will be about COVID -- and that was before the parks shut down on March 15. If no one is talking about a ride opening a week later, yeah, that's gonna dampen enthusiasm.

Does any of that matter for Disneyland's version? I'd say no. It's still a cloned ride that big fans could've ridden in Florida for years and it lacks the must-see factor of Rise. Mickey Mouse is popular, but he's also ubiquitous in Disney parks without ever having a real ride. Nintendo is much fresher. I don't see Runaway Railway besting Mario Kart or SNW as a whole in terms of hype.

I stand by my original statement. I never said there was no impact, just not enough of one.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
I think we’ve almost exhausted all of the things to discuss at this point. It’s going to be a long wait until TM previews mid-Jan when we get some actual feedback about the land itself.

Has this been mentioned?

“Chef Toad will also serve guests food items from his kitchen at Toadstool Café. Daily menu items will include Toadstool Cheesy Garlic Knots, Super Mushroom Soup, Piranha Plant Caprese, Mario Bacon Cheeseburger, Luigi Pesto Chicken Burger, “?” Block Tiramisu and Princess Peach Cupcake.”
Menu items sound alright, but I’m pretty disappointed that the Koopa Calzones aren’t coming over here. Not surprised but still disappointed. There’s a lot of foodies here in LA and I think those Koopa Calzones would be a hit over here.

LA Times hints that soft openings could take place earlier than January 19th team member previews:

"Like most of Universal’s theme park experiences, expect open-to-the-public technical rehearsals for the land to begin well before opening, perhaps as soon as early to mid-January. These, however, can be sporadic and can close at any time"