Super Nintendo World (Osaka) | Page 104 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World (Osaka)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I got a bad feeling that depiste the tech marvel that will be Mario Kart, many (especially gamers that aren't theme park enthusiasts) will be dissapointed. I'm coming across so many people who think its either a roller coaster or more frequently, actual go-karts. When I tell them its a classic dark ride, many get confused.

I got a bad feeling that depiste the tech marvel that will be Mario Kart, many (especially gamers that aren't theme park enthusiasts) will be dissapointed. I'm coming across so many people who think its either a roller coaster or more frequently, actual go-karts. When I tell them its a classic dark ride, many get confused.
If it’s a great ride no one will care once they ride it

I hope there are some photos, but I think this is a similar situation to SW:GE's technical rehearsal which had no photos or videos leak.

Reactions: Pacific
20201220_112431.jpg
20201220_112434.jpg
More images from the app files.
I notice that there's Santa Mario and Toad with snow. Maybe its possible there's a Holiday overlay for 2021?

Also, the lack of Wario & Waluigi even in any of these files sheets is quite odd. Especially since Donkey Kong content is already heavily found even though that part of the land is down the line.

Last edited:
Meh. That’s not going to matter in the long run the more people ride it and rave about it
This, if you saw clips of Spider-Man it looks relatively basic but riding the thing is entirely different. Unless the majority of reviews are major disappointments, I don’t think this will have issues. People understand jusssttt enough about AR/VR (people will get it confused for sure) that it needs to be experienced, so if they wanna experience it, they will.

Everyone I’ve sent the Nintendo Direct video too Who aren’t theme park people all were fawning over it.

Reactions: Jones14
What worries me about SNW is power up bands cost money to take part of a major portion of what is going to make the land work, and even has some effect on your on ride experience on the main attraction...

Mr. Miyamoto made it seem as though anybody could punch the question mark blocks but it would be "even more fun" with a Power Up Band so that your score could be recorded.

fullsizeoutput_1c.jpeg fullsizeoutput_1e.jpeg

However, the other 5 "Key" activities in the land will probably require the Power Up Band as you'll need the band to activate the game as he did in the video with the Koopa Troopa activity.

Daisy is one of the characters that got her own Power Up Band yet isn't represented in the land at all in any way which is so odd to me... On the new map, she is seen in the Mario Kart track so I'm guessing she will have a special role inside the attraction? If not, why choose her to join the original lineup?

Also, I know it will be hard to find leaked images or videos from any of the tech rehearsals anytime soon.... but do we at least have any written reviews of MK or the land yet?

Reactions: Pacific
Plus there’s no way for the POV to show the AR. Plenty of stuff to wow you when you ride for the first time
That's actually a big factor on this ride, but I personally won't be watching a POV. I'm not one who gets much joy out of a POV. It's the experience that I enjoy and I'd rather not have any part of that experience spoiled beforehand rather than watch a stupid YouTube POV. Like, I've still never seen POVs for for older hyped rides like Mystic Manor, Pooh's Hunny Hunt, JTTCotE, or cared to look at a POV for BatB and on and on, but I know exactly where my expectations should be for those attractions still. I know others are different though and I commend you because you guys are the reason I know where to set my expectations! :grin:

Reactions: BriefCasey
I’m not worried about people that have ridden it. It’s the people that’ll see terrible quality clips online and draw their own conclusions and then be amplified by click bait that I’m worried about.
I can see the gamer Youtube videos now....

"Nintendo land a failure! Land significantly cut back! Lazy devs fail to build Pokemon, Zelda, Donkey Kong, and Kirby sections!"

But @JungleSkip is right. Screw those grifters.

EDIT: More spritesheets

Those Rosalina stickers better pressage some Super Mario Galaxy content in this land.

I won't and I'm ok with that. Embrace it.

Same, I'm definitely eager to see what the rides will entail, but there is a rule that I personally follow and that is I never watch the POV of a new darkride that I know I'll be riding soon. Considering I just made a hopeful trip for late next year, I'm totally good not seeing any leaks/POV's of MK.

Also...

Plus there’s no way for the POV to show the AR. Plenty of stuff to wow you when you ride for the first time

I agree that MK probably won't translate well in any POV due to the AR elements, this is something you have to experience in-person. While there are some darkrides which do translate pretty good in a POV, MK really feels like the type of ride you wanna' save the surprise and be in for a treat when you ride. It's what I did when I rode Spider-Man for the 1st time way back in 2005, and that still remains my #1 darkride. I'm giving MK the same shot and it'll be fun seeing where that ultimately lands for me.

Reactions: BriefCasey
That's actually a big factor on this ride, but I personally won't be watching a POV. I'm not one who gets much joy out of a POV. It's the experience that I enjoy and I'd rather not have any part of that experience spoiled beforehand rather than watch a stupid YouTube POV. Like, I've still never seen POVs for Mystic Manor, Pooh's Hunny Hunt, the new BatB ride, JTTCotE, and on and on, but I know exactly where my expectations should be for those attractions still. I know others are different though and I commend you because you guys are the reason I know where to set my expectations! :grin:
While I don't know all those other ride abbreviations, I can def say I like your attitude there, since those are my thoughts exactly. Still haven't seen any Rise of The Resistance POVs for instance. Someone did mention earlier that it's prone to some of its effects not working, but DL's was only open for about a couple of months before lockdown, so I'm sure things should still be good once I go after reopening and post-vaccine.

I will admit though, even if we go leak-less and get to the proper opening, It'll probably be a little tough for me to resist looking, but I think I'll be fine. I'm probably gonna dip from the thread once it's opening time though.

I think just about every theme park restaurant in a land always offers something kids would be more inclined to have. For instance I think a super mushroom shaped personal pizza could work.