Super Nintendo World (Osaka) | Page 127 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World (Osaka)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Y’all are so hard to please.

Quoting for truth here.

Agreed. I'm just not impressed is all. Maybe I was just expecting too much and I wanted to see Universal really knock it all out of the park considering the IP they're working with.

We've seen layouts, scene descriptions, and more since the middle of 2019. This is one attraction in a massively complex and new land. Poster's don't need to always need one up each other on disingenuous arguments. Like I'm not sure how to respond to this whole conversation, it's just more Hagrid Paths levels of hand wringing.

Quoting for truth here.

We've seen layouts, scene descriptions, and more since the middle of 2019. This is one attraction in a massively complex and new land. Poster's don't need to always need one up each other on disingenuous arguments. Like I'm not sure how to respond to this whole conversation, it's just more Hagrid Paths levels of hand wringing.
We disagree and I don't like the thing you like as much so my argument is disingenuous. Gotcha.

I have a feeling some of you are the same people that turn around and say Navi River Journey is a waste.

Agreed. I'm just not impressed is all. Maybe I was just expecting too much and I wanted to see Universal really knock it all out of the park considering the IP they're working with.

I definitely think potter level has been thrown around pretty often. I think they succeeded on that front with the land itself.

Imo FotH succeeds in what it sets out to do with a level of theming that seems appropriate. I don't think that by virtue of just having AAs the Yoshi ride is great. It's 2020 and the articulation of most of the figures seems like barely an improvement over rides built by Uni over 20 years ago. The comparison to Chew Chew is obviously not about the ride system. I just think the overall impression is the same. A slow sight seeing ride not meant to blow anyone away, but nice for kids.

I would like some of what you are having if this ride is somehow equivalent to or approaching ET's quality.

Maybe read my post before replying to it?lol. Never did I say this is close to ET’s quality. I said I might’ve enjoyed it more than ET as a child, you know when the story of ET might’ve been harder to follow for me, especially if I hadn’t loved the movie like I did. But, honestly ET’s alien figures on the green planet and the policeman have very little movement. You can have what I’m having, but just read what I say before replying. I’d like some of what you’re having, if you believe yoshi was going to blow us away with all the info we had on it.

The Chew Chew train comparison is still ridiculous. Peoplemover, high in the sky trolley, slow as heck Casey jr, or a dry land storybook canal boats is more like it. Again the designers crafted environments at the least for this ride, not the best, but they didn’t throw up a half eaten watermelon slice, a box of Casey jr cookies and some scents and call it a themed attraction. Unless you were with a toddler, Heimlichs was pointless. Riding yoshi alone or with a friend as an adult? Count me in.

Last edited:
Reactions: Frogki and Nico
Maybe read my post before replying to it?lol. Never did I say this is close to ET’s quality. I said I might’ve enjoyed it more than ET as a child, you know when the story of ET might’ve been harder to follow for me, especially if I hadn’t loved the movie like I did. But, honestly ET’s alien figures on the green planet and the policeman have very little movement. You can have what I’m having, but just read what I say before replying. I’d like some of what you’re having, if you believe yoshi was going to blow us away with all the info we had on it.

The Chew Chew train comparison is still ridiculous. Peoplemover, high in the sky trolley, slow as heck Casey jr, or a dry land storybook canal boats is more like it. Again the designers crafted environments at the least for this ride, not the best, but they didn’t throw up a half eaten watermelon slice, a box of Casey jr cookies and some scents and call it a themed attraction. Unless you were with a toddler, Heimlichs was pointless. Riding yoshi alone or with a friend as an adult? Count me in.
Let's just stop and move on.

Reactions: Michael S
I really wonder how they're going to do DK if the entire land is meant to be interactive. Are we going to collect bananas?
They're probably going to make DK barrels the question blocks and they'll be filled with bananas. The DK games are much more natural in their environments so tje game interactivity might take a step back.

The boss fight for DK will be you eating a fully-charged Giant Punch from the great ape himself. Checks off the Smash box, too.

They're probably going to make DK barrels the question blocks and they'll be filled with bananas. The DK games are much more natural in their environments so tje game interactivity might take a step back.

Is anybody else really looking forward to how different the DK area will feel from the Mushroom Kingdom? I haven’t thought about it much, but now that I think more, DK could really be a nice relaxing escape from the bustle and sensory overload of the mushroom kingdom.

I really wonder how they're going to do DK if the entire land is meant to be interactive. Are we going to collect bananas?
I forgot to add, what about the ride? It looks like each ride will be interactive in some way (Mario Kart is Mario Kart, and you find eggs on the Yoshi ride). How work that work?

The entire DK area is an enigma to me. It's so interesting. We don't even know about most of the ride.

I forgot to add, what about the ride? It looks like each ride will be interactive in some way (Mario Kart is Mario Kart, and you find eggs on the Yoshi ride). How work that work?

The entire DK area is an enigma to me. It's so interesting. We don't even know about most of the ride.
I feel like DK will go more for immersion instead of game interactivity. I say this as the DK Country games are way less abstract than the Mario games. This and with along with Miyamoto not creating DK Country (and being kind of jealous of it at one point), I feel that DK will be a more "traditional" themed area with mild interactivity. Donkey Kong Country DK and Diddy along with Daisy are not Miyamoto's "children".

In other words, Universal will finally have an Adventureland.

Last edited:
Reactions: Frogki and Jones14
I feel like DK will go more for immersion instead of interactivity. I say this as the DK Country games are way less abstract than the Mario games. This and with along with Miyamoto not creating DK Country (and being kind of jealous of it at one point), I feel that DK will be a more "traditional" themed area with mild interactivity. Donkey Kong Country DK and Diddy along with Daisy are not Miyamoto's "children".

In other words, Universal will finally have an Adventureland.
That would kind of be a disappointment IMO. Universal should go all in, or it'll be a step down.

I think each area and attraction is interactive in different ways. Yoshi is interactive in a passive way that doesn't really affect the actual experience. Mario Kart is all about winning. I believe Donkey Kong is interactive in that there will be AA characters to talk to in the land and the queue (and they talk back,) but not sure yet how that translates to the ride experience, but I bet it has something to do with it.

I think each area and attraction is interactive in different ways. Yoshi is interactive in a passive way that doesn't really affect the actual experience. Mario Kart is all about winning. I believe Donkey Kong is interactive in that there will be AA characters to talk to in the land and the queue (and they talk back,) but not sure yet how that translates to the ride experience, but I bet it has something to do with it.
I love just the idea of this, adds variety and makes each “game” different. Perfect.

Reactions: Alicia
I love just the idea of this, adds variety and makes each “game” different. Perfect.
Too often interactivity on theme park rides is boiled down to “shooting at bad guys”. So, I definitely appreciate the thought put into this world and how you play in it. Mario Kart seems to be covering the shooting game mechanic well enough, but everything else is filled with variety.

Taking a guess: find the K O N G letters.

Unless we get cracked splash pads we can stomp/slam on to find bananas, this section will be a 0/10. (sarcasm)
Real talk, K O N G letters sound like the most likely idea to pan out.

Reactions: Pacific