Super Nintendo World (Osaka) | Page 211 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World (Osaka)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I feel so validated with this review:

His criticism on Mario Kart is EXACTLY what I had said back in early 2021, and more. He honestly tears into it and I'd give the whole video a watch if you have time.

They really should had just gone with a non-interactive traditional Mario dark ride. Like Mario & Luigi teaching people the life of a plumber, and Peach commands them to go under under castle to fix a mysterious leak. Something where people would have zero expectations for what it is.

I really wish Nintendo was more hands-off with this part of the project.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: snayberry

His criticism on Mario Kart is EXACTLY what I had said back in early 2021, and more. He honestly tears into it and I'd give the whole video a watch if you have time.

They really should had just gone with a non-interactive traditional Mario dark ride. Like Mario & Luigi teaching people the life of a plumber, and Peach commands them to go under under castle to fix a mysterious leak. Something where people would have zero expectations for what it is.

I think Corless' take on the entire land is very even-handed and fair. He has lots of positive things to say.

He makes it sound as though you basically can't ride Mario Kart without all the headset/glasses elements properly in place, and I hope the U.S. versions of the ride are much more lenient about that, because I would honestly prefer to just experience the dark ride elements the first time through without getting distracted by the video game animation obscuring much of it.

1669912843200.png

"Watch this hour-long video of Tom Corless"

z50xp-1619719725-16226-list_items-no.jpg

TLDR: He thinks Mario Kart is a conceptual failure of an attraction. Not like Supercharged bad or anything, but he doesn't think its well executed. He does agree though that regardless of his criticisms, the ride will always be popular.

Nintendo (and Universal Creative but mostly Nintendo) was so stuck on if they could, they didn't stop and think if they should.

They absolutely NAILED the land on all fronts, but I really don't know what happened with the rides.

I really hope we're able to ride without the AR in the Hollywood version.

TLDR: He thinks Mario Kart is a conceptual failure of an attraction. Not like Supercharged bad or anything, but he doesn't think its well executed. He does agree though that regardless of his criticisms, the ride will always be popular.

Nintendo (and Universal Creative but mostly Nintendo) was so stuck on if they could, they didn't stop and think if they should.

They absolutely NAILED the land on all fronts, but I really don't know what happened with the rides.

I really hope we're able to ride without the AR in the Hollywood version.
Is it that you are not ALLOWED to ride it without the AR goggles?

• Haha
Reactions: PerceptiveCoot
Sorry. You can use any other opinion but I have a hard time having a discussion on the review from a man that spent a full decade crapping on Universal because it was "second rate" and not Disney.

Tom is an abusive jackass who harassed my friends. I don’t want to listen to his voice.

Tom also proudly claims he’s not a theme park fan and is a Disney fan only. I don’t want to hear his opinions.

Tom also proudly claims he’s not a theme park fan and is a Disney fan only. I don’t want to hear his opinions.

I've only followed his work (as I follow many in the theme park community) for the last three years, but I've never heard this expressed anywhere. He says all kinds of positive things about Universal.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
Because it supported the opinion of the person who shared it
In reference to the Tom guy, not trying to insult the user's opinion if I wasn't clear on that (As I even agree with some of their points)
I just have never really heard of Tom and his opinions sound like L takes anyway. His analogies (especially after reading the tweets above) just seem like we shouldn't maybe care a whole lot about what he says if he isn't a "Theme park fan".

Just confused by his statements here.

In reference to the Tom guy, not trying to insult the user's opinion if I wasn't clear on that (As I even agree with some of their points)
I just have never really heard of Tom and his opinions sound like L takes anyway. His analogies (especially after reading the tweets above) just seem like we shouldn't maybe care a whole lot about what he says if he isn't a "Theme park fan".

Just confused by his statements here.
Nah I was just being cheeky with my response lol

I think people are saying that we shouldn't really take someone's opinion seriously when they have been known to openly not like Universal - one who also OWNS A THEME PARK SITE and isn't a "theme park fan."

And from what friends of mine have told me from first-hand experience.. he's a grade A d-bag.

So really, idk if we should totally discount his opinion because of this, but mostly, we shouldn't support him by watching the video. :)

(we shouldn't support Orlando Informer either but that's a whole other can of worms)

I have heard nothing but people having joy from the land....and I highly doubt the even Nintendoland is Hollywood which is a less and just...has some weird little issues will impact the land at all.

If the Nintendoland's are full of people, they are spending money and waiting in line for games/rides then overall that is the point of the land...its to have fun and so far people seem to be loving it because those who just wanted MK to be a thrill ride, the land seems pretty perfect for 90 Percent of the people going into the land.