Super Nintendo World (Osaka) | Page 67 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World (Osaka)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
For a Disney trip, I often tell people that if you can find a cheap flight (of which there are plenty 6-9 months from now) to Japan; between the cheaper tickets and cheap monorail hotels- Tokyo Disney is often the same price if not cheaper than WDW. Plus you get Tokyo itself and some damned good Ramen, if nothing else :)

Universal is a bit tougher because UOR has reasonably priced on-site hotels and APs. But depending on how many times you visit UOR- maybe cut out two trips to UOR and turn it into a trip to Japan. All signage is in english and traveling throughout Japan may seem daunting at first blush, but isn't whatsoever.

Ignore all of this if you're located in Florida :lol:

Not gonna lie I have a sense of resentment towards Japan lol.

A rather unscrupulous news source is reporting that Super Nintendo World in Japan is delayed "until further notice" due to the ongoing effects of the COVID-19 pandemic.

A rather unscrupulous news source is reporting that Super Nintendo World in Japan is delayed "until further notice" due to the ongoing effects of the COVID-19 pandemic.

I mean, the land is finished. It's not like "Delayed Indefinitely" really means that much in this context, it just means that they're waiting until things are close to normal to open it.

I also have to imagine this land, with social distancing and trying to touch things a lot less doesn’t work quite as well. They may have to be re-working some things as well but that’s pure speculation.

Reactions: AnyNameYouWish
I also have to imagine this land, with social distancing and trying to touch things a lot less doesn’t work quite as well. They may have to be re-working some things as well but that’s pure speculation.
I doubt they’re reworking things in any major way.

This, like all park experiences right now, are going to offer a sub-optimal experience.

Opening week videos and reviews are what will dominate the media for years; so the last thing universal wants is its marquee new IP to be tainted for years with sub-optimal reviews.

I definitely think it’s the right move to wait.

That unscrupulous new source, is NHK.

If you wanna cite it, cite it from them. And considering NFL/Baymax for TDL won't be opening either anytime soon, it makes a lot of sense. And yeah--the good thing is that it's apparently almost finished, so it isn't like it's going to be delayed indefinitely. Just for the next few weeks to months. And as from what I'm guessing, USJ is still only open to those in the Kansai region for the time being.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
That unscrupulous new source, is NHK.

If you wanna cite it, cite it from them. And considering NFL/Baymax for TDL won't be opening either anytime soon, it makes a lot of sense. And yeah--the good thing is that it's apparently almost finished, so it isn't like it's going to be delayed indefinitely. Just for the next few weeks to months. And as from what I'm guessing, USJ is still only open to those in the Kansai region for the time being.
I really doubt that's the source @AnyNameYouWish was calling unscrupulous, but do I appreciate seeing an actual Japanese source for these rumors.

The park confirmed there’s no opening date for the land.

Just like on April 30th when the CEO said the land would likely be delayed several months.

Like most things in the world, they’re going to do the wait and see thing with this.

Just like people complaining that Orlando isn’t announcing when the Jurassic Coaster will open, I think we all have to understand that even the people in charge have no idea what tomorrow will bring. We’re all just taking it day by day.

The park confirmed there’s no opening date for the land.

Just like on April 30th when the CEO said the land would likely be delayed several months.

Like most things in the world, they’re going to do the wait and see thing with this.

Just like people complaining that Orlando isn’t announcing when the Jurassic Coaster will open, I think we all have to understand that even the people in charge have no idea what tomorrow will bring. We’re all just taking it day by day.
Yep, but concerning the JP coaster, we aren't even close to the usual time frame in which they would be talking about it.

Their standard rule is, unless they have to remove a popular attraction such as Dueling Dragons or T2, they don't say squat until the Jan. prior to the opening. If they have to remove a popular attraction, they give a vague "stay tuned for more information about an exciting new experience coming sometime in the future".

Yep, but concerning the JP coaster, we aren't even close to the usual time frame in which they would be talking about it.

Their standard rule is, unless they have to remove a popular attraction such as Dueling Dragons or T2, they don't say squat until the Jan. prior to the opening. If they have to remove a popular attraction, they give a vague "stay tuned for more information about an exciting new experience coming sometime in the future".
I know. I just can’t believe people are demanding announcements for anything new right now at all.

I swear, we could be told that an asteroid is hurtling towards earth again and will wipe us all out in a matter of days and there’d still be people on social media demanding that Universal tell us what their plans are.

To be fair, an asteroid might be a nice improvement on this COVID stuff.

I'm just happy it's built, and happy that Hollywood is too far along for them to cancel it (delay a year only I would think)