Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Nintendo World (Osaka)

Then how do you explain the new lines of dialogue Mario, Luigi and Peach have when meeting and greeting guests, and Chef Toad and Toadette's dialogue?
I specifically meant the ride but that's a good point (especially Toadette and Chef Toad as they’re speaking fully blown sentences).

Makes the choice to be completely mute even odder.

Its just throwing shells right? Its it that hard to understand?
Well, no.

You get coins for accuracy when you turn as the arrows appear to the side of your goggles. And you aim the shells by looking at your target (head tracking) while hitting the button on the steering wheel.

There’s a lot to the interactions with the game.

Well, no.

You get coins for accuracy when you turn as the arrows appear to the side of your goggles. And you aim the shells by looking at your target (head tracking) while hitting the button on the steering wheel.

There’s a lot to the interactions with the game.
Turn head and press the button got it....seems easy enough

Also I know everyone has a different idea of how to plan for a vacation but if you can't do some minimum research or ask questions to the staff (from the video's they seem nice enough ) then its on you for not understanding.
Like I'm going to Japan once Covid is 100% over and we are "normal" Im not going to just fly there and be upset that the studio ghibli museum requires a ticket months in advance and its best to pay extra for a tour guide to get said tickets. Its call basic research and really think its funny when some complain "foreigns" don't understand fastpass or something, to me if you can travel 10 hours to a place you can look up basic info on how that places works but its just me.

Its why I'm on these forums, I can ask questions about parks in Japan, Florida or even local parks i don't go to offend and have a better understanding

I do want to point out that everyone who gave MK a meh review still rode it multiple times.

If the ride was true trash, they would've rode it once but they repeated riding it.

Last comment is this. Illumination's Super Mario Movie was originally planned to open with the SNW which probably would've add more context and added to the land. It got pushed back, add in COVID's impact, and it created this super hyped response that for some won't scratch the itch just right.
I’m not so sure this is true. The land is entirely based on existing content from the Mario series. There’s nothing in the land that doesn’t make sense.

I think a lot of people get confused because they missed out on the Wii U era of Mario, but it existed and was heavily influential for this land. Also, as of February 2021, all of the major pieces are on the Switch.

Kind of surprised they haven't gone vertical on Kong yet, though perhaps the vaccine situation in Japan is much less optimistic than the U.S.

Kind of surprised they haven't gone vertical on Kong yet, though perhaps the vaccine situation in Japan is much less optimistic than the U.S.
Other countries are just getting started! I was on the phone with a family friend from Australia and I asked him about how vaccines are going over there, and they just started rolling out it to medical workers. I'm guessing it's for Japan as they weren't in a crisis like other countries were.

Other countries are just getting started! I was on the phone with a family friend from Australia and I asked him about how vaccines are going over there, and they just started rolling out it to medical workers. I'm guessing it's for Japan as they weren't in a crisis like other countries were.
Combination of less urgency due to better situation than Western countries, painfully slow and ineffective bureaucracy and historically high public distrust of vaccines.

I don’t expect DK expansion to start back up until the park is back to normal capacity and international travel comes back. There’s no reason to attempt to pull in new people/return visitors when so many people haven’t even visited the land the first time yet.

I’m not so sure this is true. The land is entirely based on existing content from the Mario series. There’s nothing in the land that doesn’t make sense.

I think a lot of people get confused because they missed out on the Wii U era of Mario, but it existed and was heavily influential for this land. Also, as of February 2021, all of the major pieces are on the Switch.

In an interview with Kyoto Shimbun, Nintendo's president Tatsumi Kimishima says he hopes to come to an agreement with a partner for a Super Mario Bros. movie. If that agreement happens, then an official announcement of the project could come soon. On top of all that, if everything proceeds smoothly, Kimishima says that the movie could be ready by 2020.

Its tied back to statements Miyamoto has said.

"This is more than just a simple licensing deal between Universal and Nintendo," Miyamoto said. "It is a highly collaborative project between both companies, including a large number of Nintendo developers, myself included, so please look forward to more information to come."

“We’ve had, over the years, a number of people who have come to us and said ‘Why don’t we make a movie together—or we make a movie and you make a game and we’ll release them at the same time?’,” Miyamoto told Fortune at this year’s E3. “Because games and movies seem like similar mediums, people’s natural expectation is we want to take our games and turn them into movies. … I’ve always felt video games, being an interactive medium, and movies, being a passive medium, mean the two are quite different.”

“As we look more broadly at what is Nintendo’s role as an entertainment company, we’re starting to think more and more about how movies can fit in with that—and we’ll potentially be looking at things like movies in the future,” said Miyamoto.

Based on those statements, I'm taken Nintendo wanted everything to come out all together and build on one another. This also all was suppose to tie into the 2020 Tokyo Olympics too.

But we will find out for sure next year when the film comes out.

If Koopa Jr is the villian and he stole the golden mushroom is the part of the story and there is an art battle to get it back....then....

Its tied back to statements Miyamoto has said.

Based on those statements, I'm taken Nintendo wanted everything to come out all together and build on one another. This also all was suppose to tie into the 2020 Tokyo Olympics too.

But we will find out for sure next year when the film comes out.

If Koopa Jr is the villian and he stole the golden mushroom is the part of the story and there is an art battle to get it back....then....
I think you’re reading a bit too much into it. Bowser Jr has the paintbrush as a callback to his debut in Super Mario Sunshine...when he had the paintbrush. It came back in the recent “Bowser’s Fury” side game.

As for the Golden Mushroom, it’s just another Mario mcguffin that debuted in New Super Mario Bros 2, and later appeared in Captain Toad.

An unopened 1986 Super Mario Brothers game was just sold by a Dallas auction house for $660,000.......Sounds like a popular franchise to me. :)

i see a lot of people comparing Yoshi's adventure to SLOP ride but Yoshi essentially got neutered with those two outdoor sections for kinetic energy. If the entire yoshi adventure was indoor, very different outcome than what we got.

i see a lot of people comparing Yoshi's adventure to SLOP ride but Yoshi essentially got neutered with those two outdoor sections for kinetic energy. If the entire yoshi adventure was indoor, very different outcome than what we got.
Yes, if Yoshi was enclosed people would be singing a different song

This is a GREAT POV to show off the physical sets with no AR:

I can't get over how fun this ride looks

I think people are also confused in thinking that the two were meant to be on equal footing. Yoshi is a C-ticket sightseeing ride ala TTA, Pets is a D-ticket ala Little Mermaid.