T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread | Page 32 | Inside Universal Forums

T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

????

Why would anyone want to watch a stage show from a motion base?

That looks more like it just rotates to allow a bigger stage area. The screens block the parts of the stage that isn't being used at that time. Lets you do the whole show without changing sets as well.

This show would prob need a capacity of 2,000 an hour at a place like universal. I don't see how the motion base theater works unless it scales really large and the shows are short.

I really hope it isn't a motion base...because along with 3D alley, pretty much all of the attractions are some kind of motion base attractions

I mean, a permanent, choose your own path kind of thing would be interesting

Doesn't seem like something Universal Orlando would do though

Also, this would be cool to see

To be honest, this may actually make sense to me.

It would allow multiple practical sets, doesn't have to use 3D; and can have live actors along with the digital based media. Plus, it would explain why this project would take more than a year, and that Dynamic should be working with Universal on another project *nudge*.

EDIT: In The Loop had a chance to chat with Dynamic last year, and got information on how it works, what it's capable of; and how it could be used in such a way.

WHat if it is something animated based?

And WHile I LOVE Bourne, Bourne wouldn't work live action IMO. Bourne works on the screens because you can continue the stories with the same actor (For the most start). Bourne belongs on screens.

To be honest, this may actually make sense to me.

It would allow multiple practical sets, doesn't have to use 3D; and can have live actors along with the digital based media. Plus, it would explain why this project would take more than a year, and that Dynamic should be working with Universal on another project *nudge*.

EDIT: In The Loop had a chance to chat with Dynamic last year, and got information on how it works, what it's capable of; and how it could be used in such a way.

Wow. Thx for posting video.
Perfect for FFurious!?

WHat if it is something animated based?

And WHile I LOVE Bourne, Bourne wouldn't work live action IMO. Bourne works on the screens because you can continue the stories with the same actor (For the most start). Bourne belongs on screens.

So an action movie that uses live actors doesn't work for a live action show and only belongs on screens, but an animated movie that only exists on screen does work for a live action show that uses live actors?

Not following the logic on that one.

So an action movie that uses live actors doesn't work for a live action show and only belongs on screens, but an animated movie that only exists on screen does work for a live action show that uses live actors?

Not following the logic on that one.
You're twisting my words. If you dont understand what I said thats easy to say rather than saying I said something I didnt say. Whatever.

Reactions: Ashhanbre
To be fair, Bond (and even Shrek) would trump all of them, IMO.

Yeah. The online poll could say Terminator is relevant, but the box office says otherwise. Plus this is based on one movie, 26 years old now, with limited merchandising potential now. The gift shop is like 85% pop culture stuff and 15% Terminator.

I don't know if Bourne would really improve on that but it is in the public consciousness right now moreso than Terminator. Bond would be huge for merchandising though.

Reactions: universal_fanatic
If we can assume that Universal has already decided what's going in place of T2, then we can probably rule Bond out because they have not acquired Bond film rights in any fashion yet. Hard to imagine they'd say something like "oh there's a new ride going in based on an exciting Universal-owned franchise" if they currently have no association of any kind with the IP.

Yeah. The online poll could say Terminator is relevant, but the box office says otherwise. Plus this is based on one movie, 26 years old now, with limited merchandising potential now. The gift shop is like 85% pop culture stuff and 15% Terminator.

I don't know if Bourne would really improve on that but it is in the public consciousness right now moreso than Terminator. Bond would be huge for merchandising though.

Relevant is different than iconic and well known. Jaws, for example, is not necessarily "relevant" but if you mention the name Jaws nearly everybody knows what it is- a big bad shark.

Same for Terminators- Everyone imagines a killer robot or Arnold.

If you say the name Jason Bourne to people, it will be recognized way less than something like Terminator, Jaws, Kong etc would be.