T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread | Page 66 | Inside Universal Forums

T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
so if its gonna be a generic spy stunt show then i want this
sd2685-konami-the-adventures-of-bayou-billy-fridge-magnet-nintendo-game-cartridge.jpeg

"Kincaid Productions: Boone - Agent of Mystery"

"Don't look directly into the flames" makes an epic return.

Weird thought: if it's not Bond, then what's to stop Universal from doing an adult, parody version of the show for HHN? SlaughterWorld was a thing for awhile at USH.

I'm just catching up and the pic of everything down out front the day after really bums me out.

It was asked earlier whether the USH or the USF version was better. I was always partial to USH, so I was gutted when they closed that one for a clone of Despicable Me. Then I saw the placemaking they did with that part of the park and I was fine, also because I always had the USF version to visit.

I'm happy and sad that I got to see it one last time. Happy because I didn't miss the last month, but really upset about that new pre-show. If they were going to kill it, they should've just let it die a natural death.

Reactions: tankart150
MGM, Annapurna To Team on domestic release of Next James Bond Movie | Deadline

Annapurna got the domestic rights for the next Bond, but overseas is still up in the air with Universal, Fox, Warner, and Sony negotiating. If Uni got the overseas rights, would that include domestic theme park rights?

I don’t see why it couldn’t. Nobody else really wants to put the IP into parks who could do the brand justice.

Personally I still don’t see it happening but people who I trust here say it’s happening and their opinion carries more weight than mine.

Expect me to roll my eyes. I have zero clue why Universal is pushing this so heavily.

The only thing Universal has done has posted a tag on the T2 webpage saying when it was closing. This is about as least as they can push anything.

It's a waste of space, IMO. Anything you can build a show around, and you choose JASON BOURNE?!

Why?

Internal IP that can be used if you don’t manage to get one of the biggest IPs of all time.

With this logic they should've just upgraded or kept T2.

James Bourne is a crappy, not very known IP. Terminator is one of the most iconic franchises of all time.

Terminator is now also a joke of a franchise. Bourne isn’t the best, but they don’t have to pay anything for the rights like they do with Terminator.

It's a lame idea and poor pithy waste of a theater. I don't feel like that opinion will ever change on my behalf, because the franchise is dead and won't be more alive in 2019.

And Waterworld as an IP has been dead for a long time, but is still a hell of a show. If they are going to do a live stunt show is it better to tag a lesser IP on it or just call it a generic "Stunt Show"? They really don't have much in the way of blockbuster IP's that would work for a stunt show.

Waterworld debuted at the same exact time as the film, so it really is just something that came born out of happenstance.

Plus, what makes WW work isn't necessarily what would make a Jason Bourne show work. Bourne really is not very theatrical.