Taylor Swift | The Eras Tour (Concert Film) | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Taylor Swift | The Eras Tour (Concert Film)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
How much is Taylor herself getting for this? She’s so close to becoming a billionaire and I think this will help a crap ton.

How much is Taylor herself getting for this? She’s so close to becoming a billionaire and I think this will help a crap ton.
I mean it’s all her (TS Productions), she just has to split with the distributors. She’ll make a ton from this especially since the film is already in the green.

I mean it’s all her (TS Productions), she just has to split with the distributors. She’ll make a ton from this especially since the film is already in the green.
Oh ya this and her tour next year will get her to a billion. I don’t doubt this film itself could hit a billion between this, DVD sales, and if there’s ever a streaming deal attached.

I don’t like Billionaires but honestly good for her. It’s wild growing up with her and seeing just how huge she is.

Oh ya this and her tour next year will get her to a billion. I don’t doubt this film itself could hit a billion between this, DVD sales, and if there’s ever a streaming deal attached.

I don’t like Billionaires but honestly good for her. It’s wild growing up with her and seeing just how huge she is.
I honestly think this *could* make $1B in theaters alone. This will open big, have great weekend over weekend holds, and also probably put up extremely strong numbers during the week.

I'd put worldwide box office over/under at $800M right now and i'd take the over tbh.

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
I honestly think this *could* make $1B in theaters alone. This will have open big, have great weekend over weekend holds, and also probably put up extremely strong numbers during the week.

I'd put worldwide box office over/under at $800M right now and i'd take the over tbh.
Agreed. It’s something everyone would see and have fun with. Repeat viewings consistently I’m sure as well.

Whats insane is no Memberships are allowed, so no AMC a lit or anything meaning people want to see this

So The Eras Tour concert film sold $37M in tickets just from the big three cinema chains on the first day of sales in the US, has surpassed $100M in advanced presales, and has broken the presale record for Cinemark.

To keep in perspective how insane this all is for movie going, let's remember that tickets went on sale the same day that it was announced to be coming to theaters, which was a little over a month ago on August 31st. It wasn't until September 26th that the film was announced for a Global release with the film releasing outside of North America on November 3rd.

I think this concert film has a really good chance at being the highest opening weekend of the year, which would be more than $162.2M domestic.

Last edited:
the beyonce concert is what makes Taylor concert look insane

It’s the same idea with both singers being very popular and both being women

So they are pretty close and Taylor is just dominating in ticket sales and I bet when Taylor connect comes out many will by the crappy seats just to see it as well

I know I keep saying it, but the uniqueness of this event is the main thing impressing me at how well it's doing. It's Taylor Swift in her record breaking era, so of course this was going to be huge either way. But people forget that tickets went at a price of $19.89 per adult and $13.13 per child. No rewards program such as A-List are allowed to be used, so everyone who is going WANTS to pay that money.

I also haven't even mentioned the other very unique thing about this which is that it did NOT do Thursday previews (which could've inflated the Friday gross on what is practically a 3 hour showing) and going forward during it's run, it is only being shown on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sundays, which was a decision made so that fans can experience the movie, as intended, which is singing loudly in a packed theater with other fans instead of being the only one in the theater. Also, the first showing of opening weekend Friday isn't until 6PM. Unheard of.

Even with all of those unique factors that this filmed concert have (extremely high ticket prices, limited showings, no rewards programs, etc), box office analysts still can't figure out where it will fall this weekend with BoxOffice.com showing a range of anywhere between $105-$145M and Variety surmising it may pass $150M in it's opening weekend, again WITHOUT Thursday in play and most of Friday even out of play, it still is looking at these huge numbers.

If the film does open on the higher end of expectations, it will very likely be the highest grossing Friday-Sunday of the year (taking out Thursday previews). Barbie brought in $22M on Thursday and opened to $162M so an opening of $140M or higher would put it as the highest Fri-Sun.

I’m going to a Taylor party tonight at our local theatre, assuming it’s a DJ. Also imagine she profits from this too. Taylor is raking it in this week. Same Taylor party is playing some other house of blues places near us this weekend too.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I’m going to a Taylor party tonight at our local theatre, assuming it’s a DJ. Also imagine she profits from this too. Taylor is raking it in this week. Same Taylor party is playing some other house of blues places near us this weekend too.
There have been A LOT of Taylor Swift themed events held at HOB Orlando this year. Surprised there isn't one tomorrow. There's one on 12/30 that I know of. I'd be interested to know what the vibe is like at one of those because it could be a little of a lot of things. I'm assuming it's sort of like a TS version of Emo Night lol.

There have been A LOT of Taylor Swift themed events held at HOB Orlando this year. Surprised there isn't one tomorrow. There's one on 12/30 that I know of. I'd be interested to know what the vibe is like at one of those because it could be a little of a lot of things. I'm assuming it's sort of like a TS version of Emo Night lol.
Ya our theatre has also Emo nignt so I assume it’s similiar. It’s an 18+ event so it won’t be a lot of teens necessarily which I like. Show doesn’t start until 9:00 too. Should be fun.

That being said I wish they were playing the Eras tour film but oh well.

The film is going to make so much money but....I will say adding the earlier showtimes for yesterday seems so left field for Taylor Imagine

Like you had your hardcore fans wanting to be the first to see it....but then you add more shows before those times on none refunable tickets? Not the best move for her image but money wise sure it will be fine

Also per reddit there are some funny rules for these shows for employees, like being unable to make fun of the TS fans, lol and not being able to wear any TS official merch ( normally you can wear things to celebrate films on opening weekend) and the worst of all is not scheduling enough people for last night show times because they made these new showtimes within 24 hours of them happening.

The film is going to make so much money but....I will say adding the earlier showtimes for yesterday seems so left field for Taylor Imagine

Like you had your hardcore fans wanting to be the first to see it....but then you add more shows before those times on none refunable tickets? Not the best move for her image but money wise sure it will be fine

Also per reddit there are some funny rules for these shows for employees, like being unable to make fun of the TS fans, lol and not being able to wear any TS official merch ( normally you can wear things to celebrate films on opening weekend) and the worst of all is not scheduling enough people for last night show times because they made these new showtimes within 24 hours of them happening.
I don’t think it’s bad for her image at all because a lot of her fans are so rabid that they may have tickets for today, but she announced that and guess what? Many of those same people probably bought tickets AGAIN. Savvy business move and also helps the overall weekend box office prospects.

I don’t think it’s bad for her image at all because a lot of her fans are so rabid that they may have tickets for today, but she announced that and guess what? Many of those same people probably bought tickets AGAIN. Savvy business move and also helps the overall weekend box office prospects.
Well, I hope it worked out well for the workers. At least online they don't see too happy about this event and things like adding times hours before a shift....would not make me a bigger fan of her.

Anyway, hopefully the film does well and for how big it is.....people must have not seen it last night because not too many reviews of this "film" are out yet

Got out from my screening not long ago. I had a blast. It was a very unique experience singing in a packed theater at the top of my lungs for sure. The theater was buzzing in a way I haven’t seen since Barbenheimer. Got the tin popcorn bucket and collectable cup, along with the poster they were giving with tickets.

If you are going to the theater for anything besides this this weekend… good luck lol. I could barely hear myself singing inside of the theater and on the outside of other theaters all you heard was the music and the bass from songs blasting along with crowds singing.

As someone who attended the actual concert (in the same stadium it was recorded at), this was about as true of a concert film as you can do, aside from a few songs being cut for time. It is also something of a time capsule that captures one of the biggest artists of all-time at their absolute peak to date.
IMG_1781.jpeg

Saw it twice already but that's it for me. I'm running out of $19.89s. lol Got the whole set of collectibles too. Thursday night was a semi private screening since they literally put tickets on sale hours before the show. I think the fact that the tickets non-refundable meant fans who already purchased weren't making the switch.

But the 2nd showing was a sold out packed house with everyone singing, dancing. Never seen anything like that before at the movies. Super fun time.