Taylor Swift | The Eras Tour (Concert Film) | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Taylor Swift | The Eras Tour (Concert Film)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Box office projected at $95-$97M for the weekend which, if it is in that range, means it could fall just short of breaking Joker’s October opening record or just barely break it. Others have it potentially at $93M. Had this film had planned Thursday showings from Day of announcement it would’ve done better business on Thursday and likely guaranteed that $100M+ Opening. AMC isn’t giving out any numbers until the final numbers come in tomorrow.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
Lots of notes for this Concert film

1) The way it was directed/film was very well done, one of if not the best concert I've seen filmed
2) This may be Taylor Best Concert ever and not sure if she can ever top it because of how it touches on all her best work
3) Not only did people dance and sing (I was in seats where I couldn't hear or it distract from the concert so...I was fine with it) but the Theater staff came in 3-4 times dancing and with there hands telling people to come join them in the front of the theater to dance.
5) Got the Era's Cup.....surprised you could not us AMC points to buy it

So now onto the set list, it was pretty much perfect only Speak Now that really got that shafted in my opinion, through they picked a great song from the era. I think while it's cool to see the 10 min version of "All to Well" I would shorter it so we could have two other songs.
Evermore as an album I think is weaker then Folklore but man did the Evermore 4 songs she choice work together very well. Also this show confirmed to me that Reputation is just my least favorite era. The flow of the show was pretty much perfect, I was entertained the entire time and think part of the reason why is they didn't go in order, Taylor made a good playlist flow that just works and goes through he career in such a great way. While Taylor sings about many of the same things in each album, each song about love is different in tone, message, mood and just reflects where she is/was at that point.

It was a great event and for the people who got to see it live......enjoy just must have been a blast

I will also say the production of the dancers/sets was amazing. Like compare this to what Elvis used to do with all the tech/showmen ship he could and it's just smaller then this and it's somewhat because of limits of the time, I can't imagine someone like Elvis/MJ seeing this show and not wanting to try to top it.

After this weekend, this concert film has now made $175M domestic, meaning it has made more than both Mission Impossible: Dead Reckoning and Indy 5 domestically and those two films had a production cost 15x higher ($300M compared to $20M). The film also is close in worldwide numbers to The Flash and if The Marvels keeps things up, Eras actually may beat the worldwide total for that film.

I'll wait for streaming or a Blueray/code

But yeah, this makes sense many said a few things were cut and will make im sure a ton more money