Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Tchoup Chop at Royal Pacific to Close

Honestly, getting the vibe that they are just going to have it as an event space from here on out. I'm probably wrong, but hey; if they didn't even touch Tchoup Chop since the closure..well..

Seems to me the Islands dining room was nearly always sparsely populated the times we stayed at RP. I'd imagine it's busier now that Tchoup Tchoup closed. Perhaps they had too many dining venues..........Over at Portofino, Trattoria is often empty or closed. I've always wondered if that venue will be disappearing in the future also.

Seems to me the Islands dining room was nearly always sparsely populated the times we stayed at RP. I'd imagine it's busier now that Tchoup Tchoup closed. Perhaps they had too many dining venues..........Over at Portofino, Trattoria is often empty or closed. I've always wondered if that venue will be disappearing in the future also.
As often as I have stayed at the RP I've only eaten once at Islands. And that was breakfast. Have never seen good reviews for it. As opposed to Jakes', Tchoup or the sushi bar at Orchid Court.
have not done the Wantitlan luau either.

As often as I have stayed at the RP I've only eaten once at Islands. And that was breakfast. Have never seen good reviews for it. As opposed to Jakes', Tchoup or the sushi bar at Orchid Court.
have not done the Wantitlan luau either.
I've never eaten at Islands or done the Luau. Islands always was so empty that the emptiness dissuaded me from trying it.

I was completely shocked to walk into the event on Monday to see the restaurant virtually unchanged. In a way, it was a good thing since I did think the decor was nice. I just don't get why it became just another room.

My only thought is they realized the CityWalk location would close first and prioritized that location's replacement first.

Probably. Odd they would close the City Walk spot during high season. Must be behind the scenes stuff happening.

Emeril's may have been struggling to keep business with all the new competition at Citi Walk & Sapphire. Bet both restaurants were losing money in droves.
I know they didn't make much on me at CW when I went for happy hour - pretty much giving it away considering the location.

Emeril's may have been struggling to keep business with all the new competition at Citi Walk & Sapphire. Bet both restaurants were losing money in droves.

Never heard about Tchoup Chop or Emeril's losing money, heard it was a thing about paying for rent that's high/rising.