Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Tchoup Chop at Royal Pacific to Close

I believe it was an Emeril thing. Emeril's e7 and e7GO in Charlotte closed last fall. And his Table10 in Las Vegas closed the same day as Tchoup Chop. Then Emeril's Orlando closed 6 months later.
Sooo, sounds like they weren't making money, and probably losing lots of it.

I think I mentioned this on the Emeril's Orlando thread, but the decision to close wasn't Universal's - so it's very like that could be the case, or deciding on a new business strategy.
The e7 concept was an overpriced fast casual concept that wasn't taking off. And the UOR and Table10 (Palazzo Las Vegas) were in spaces with very high rent. His Delmonico Steakhouse is still in The Venetian, so my guess is they crunched some numbers and trimmed some fat.

I'm fascinated in the guest surveys saying that families want a character breakfast more than businesses want a high end dining restaurant for the convention space.

I deeply mourn for Tchoup Chop. One of the last fancy meals I had with my mother.

I'm fascinated in the guest surveys saying that families want a character breakfast more than businesses want a high end dining restaurant for the convention space.

I deeply mourn for Tchoup Chop. One of the last fancy meals I had with my mother.
The last Thanksgiving Dinner I had with my mother was at Tchoup Chop.

Used to go to this one in late high school

That's a sad story you linked there.

I used to go to the Trader Vic's in Denver and Washington D.C. before they closed. And I have been to the one in Atlanta several times. Atlanta and San Francisco are the only ones still open in America. Although, they are getting ready to open a new Trader Vic's concept at the San José Airport.

Screenshot-20200523-180004-2.png

I know Trader Vic's has struggled over the last 30 years in America, but I think the theme park demographic is a perfect fit for their style of themed dining. I really really wish Universal would have Universal Creative work with the Trader Vic's team to come up with a truly amazing Tiki Experience.

I used to go to the Trader Vic's in Denver and Washington D.C. before they closed. And I have been to the one in Atlanta several times. Atlanta and San Francisco are the only ones still open in America. Although, they are getting ready to open a new Trader Vic's concept at the San José Airport.

Screenshot-20200523-180004-2.png

I know Trader Vic's has struggled over the last 30 years in America, but I think the theme park demographic is a perfect fit for their style of themed dining. I really really wish Universal would have Universal Creative work with the Trader Vic's team to come up with a truly amazing Tiki Experience.
Reason enough for me to go to San Jose (and surrounds) I was through there earlier this year and have miles from going to this San Jose last fall.

full-san-jose-downtown-aerial-view.jpg

They honestly seem pretty content on using it for Events/Weddings. I feel like its prime wasted real estate.

I paid my respects during Drew's wedding. RIP

I imagine if there aren't guests complaining about the lack of food options at the resort then no reason to put something there. Plus they did add on Sapphire and Aventura within walking distance.