Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Texas Chain Saw Massacre

First post here - but a long-time HHN fan. I really hope this is in a soundstage - as there is so much potential with this IP.

My first year attending was in 2007 (HHN17) and this house in the Earthquake/Disaster queue left a lot to be desired.

First off, Welcome! :wave:

Secondly - Since the house will feature chainsaws, it's expected to be featured in one of the outside houses for better ventilation.

It'll most likely be in a tent house. HHN has shown they can make wonderful house facades for them the past few years.

Great point on the exhaust and ventilation. It seems like you'd have a very similar problem with a tent as you would a soundstage. Could be interesting in they use a mix of outside/inside like Walking Dead at HHN24. That hurts with the light bleed, but could be a different take on it.

First post here - but a long-time HHN fan. I really hope this is in a soundstage - as there is so much potential with this IP.

My first year attending was in 2007 (HHN17) and this house in the Earthquake/Disaster queue left a lot to be desired.
Welcome to OU.:cheers:

Well, I was wrong and Drew was spot on. Still not digging the back to the well Texas Chainsaw Massacre house. Super disappointed with A&D on this one.

Soundstage are specially designed to allow for ventilation for things like that. In fact Universal actually specifically advertises the "quick exhaust system" in their Orlando soundstages.
Stages, Backlots & Studios | Universal Studios Florida Production Group
The tents and Shrek theater would be the biggest issue as they don't have that kind of ventilation. It seems like the soundstage or the MIB queue are the best options for using chainsaws. The sound is also a big factor being in enclosed environments as well as the sound traveling to other parts of the house or adjoining houses or shows.

Yeah, maybe ventilation was the wrong word. Basically, they can't use them in the Soundstages. :lol:

Unless the saws were fake and they pumped in Sound FX (like they did in 25 Years).

They don't need a soundstage for this at all. They didn't last time and it was a great house.

Also, this was part of All-Nite Die-In back in 2003 as well.

Unless the saws were fake and they pumped in Sound FX (like they did in 25 Years).
I only remember the chainsaw at the end, is this the one your referring to because it was most definitely real.

Honestly I think regardless where this goes that's probably the best course to take is just have a real chainsaw at the end, maybe some fake ones that aren't as loud inside.

They don't need a soundstage for this at all. They didn't last time and it was a great house.

Also, this was part of All-Nite Die-In back in 2003 as well.

Eh... It was one scene (the dinner table scene).

I think you guys are being a little hard on it. It's officially been used once in Orlando 9 years ago, and that was based on the 2003 remake. The 1974 movie is completely different. Sure, it features a chainsaw wielding maniac, but the tone and feel is completely opposite from each other.

I only remember the chainsaw at the end, is this the one your referring to because it was most definitely real.

Honestly I think regardless where this goes that's probably the best course to take is just have a real chainsaw at the end, maybe some fake ones that aren't as loud inside.

The one at the end, yes was real. There was one in Havoc and the Xmas Scene which weren't.

There were the chainsaws in the Christmas scene. The first weekend or two the saws at the end were real but they changed to fake with sfx because even outside in that breezeway the fumes collected and caused issues.

Eh... It was one scene (the dinner table scene).

I think you guys are being a little hard on it. It's officially been used once in Orlando 9 years ago, and that was based on the 2003 remake. The 1974 movie is completely different. Sure, it features a chainsaw wielding maniac, but the tone and feel is completely opposite from each other.
I'm not a fan of the source material (personally) but I am insanely confident that this house will be stellar.

I think anybody who doubts this really doesn't know what they're talking about. This is filled to the brim with incredible scenes and settings. The backwoods, gas station, slide door room, dinner table, bone room I mean a billion iconic things to work with. The reboot took place mainly in a trailer park, they're two completely different films and anyone who disagrees probably hasn't seen either. The people who say "oh repeat" are the same who were disapointed in the announcement of Freddy vs Jason last year. I mean yes, "they're the same characters as another year" big whoop, the entire setting, look and story of it will be completely different. This really sounds like another passion project like Halloween or AWIL. Do yourself a favor, watch the movie and give it a friggin chance lol