Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Texas Chain Saw Massacre

I find it a little concerning that they've yet to even start on the facade for this house. Usually they start working on the tent facades early in the construction phase and we're now less than 30 days out and the frame work for the facade hasn't even been put into place. Wonder what the hold up is?

I find it a little concerning that they've yet to even start on the facade for this house. Usually they start working on the tent facades early in the construction phase and we're now less than 30 days out and the frame work for the facade hasn't even been put into place. Wonder what the hold up is?
Maybe the house is inside the tent. I seem to recall a fair bit of time passes in the movie before we get to the house.

Maybe the house is inside the tent. I seem to recall a fair bit of time passes in the movie before we get to the house.

I don't think it would be possible for them to create the facade inside the tent due to height restrictions. The facades for Halloween and Insidious were taller in scale than the tent itself. Unless they drastically reduce the size of the Sawyer house, which would be a crime.

I don't think it would be possible for them to create the facade inside the tent due to height restrictions. The facades for Halloween and Insidious were taller in scale than the tent itself. Unless they drastically reduce the size of the Sawyer house, which would be a crime.

Well, they had two story buildings in Halloween during the walking through the neighborhood scene so they could keep it inside and use a forced perspective.

Well, they had two story buildings in Halloween during the walking through the neighborhood scene so they could keep it inside and use a forced perspective.

I suppose that could work, just don't really think it would be necessary. That would take up a decent amount of tent space that could be used for the inside of the house and facades for the tents have almost always been outside. Interesting nonetheless.

I suppose that could work, just don't really think it would be necessary. That would take up a decent amount of tent space that could be used for the inside of the house and facades for the tents have almost always been outside. Interesting nonetheless.

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying they SHOULD do this, only that there is a precedence where they can. At the end of the day, it all depends upon how they are structuring the story of the house as to whether or not a mid house facade would be necessary.

I think The facade is the Insidious house, it looked similar. (I know both houses look similar in the movies) but the windows looked similar to that other facade.

Why do so many people always seem to think that any given facade that looks like a house is the same as the past year? This seems to be a very common perception.

Why do so many people always seem to think that any given facade that looks like a house is the same as the past year? This seems to be a very common perception.

Because memory is a tricksy beast, not to be trusted.
Is not just that. The shape is a little similar. The porch, the windows in the left area are very similar.

Because so many facades are supposed to look like "typical American house"
Yeah basically.