The Acolyte (Disney+) | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

The Acolyte (Disney+)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
ah yes, the one moment of weakness (attempting to kill his nephew in cold blood!) that led to the death of dozens of children. why would that be a moment that shatters someone’s sense of self?
Because they just made it up

It does not track with the character....He literally refused to Kill Vader but Ben a kid..he's like no you die

Once again Luke in Mando, Battlefront 2 (he literally works with someone from the empire) and NEW books have Luke as a completely different character who doesn't judge others or make snap judgments even against "villains"

The director of Last Jedi wanted to make his film with his message doesn't matter if it fit the character or not.

I mean, Kylo literally flip flops the next film along with Husk, so yeah clearly Disney has no idea what it is doing sometimes

Sometimes writers like in this show have a message they want to push, doesn't matter if it makes sense the writer wanted to have the line about a religious group being unchecked.

• Wow
Reactions: Lucky Planet
Because they just made it up

It does not track with the character....He literally refused to Kill Vader but Ben a kid..he's like no you die

Once again Luke in Mando, Battlefront 2 (he literally works with someone from the empire) and NEW books have Luke as a completely different character who doesn't judge others or make snap judgments even against "villains"

The director of Last Jedi wanted to make his film with his message doesn't matter if it fit the character or not.

I mean, Kylo literally flip flops the next film along with Husk, so yeah clearly Disney has no idea what it is doing sometimes

Sometimes writers like in this show have a message they want to push, doesn't matter if it makes sense the writer wanted to have the line about a religious group being unchecked.
Bro, do you think the original trilogy is a non-fiction story? It's all made up!

Bro, do you think the original trilogy is a non-fiction story? It's all made up!
lol

No but I mean it was not apart of a plan or themes we had in the series

If they led up to it then cool but the second film happens and then the next film reckons crap from the last Jedi...Rey is a no one...except for being the grand daughter of the most powerful Sith in Ages.

Anyway, go watch the show and make up your mind. I'm not here to argue to the last Jedi, it was brought up because since Lucas sold it Disney has been changing who the Jedi are. We have the old EU to show it was not Lucas's idea to make them into more "flawed". I mean I thought that was what made the prequels special was it was a moment where the Jedi was too close to politics and their power plus becoming too political made them finally fall.

Last note if you Like this show or the Sequels. Cool, I don't and really rather not argue about it online, the sequels are old now. I've watched them and don't enjoy them people trying to make sense of the films won't make me like them more, I watched Mando, Bad Batch, Andor and Tales of the Jedi and didn't need things explained to me to enjoy them.
(also Tales of the Jedi Dooku.....thats how you show me why someone goes to the dark side...even if I still don''t get why Dooku siding with the Devil would get him what he wanted. It just showed how corrupt the Republic/senate was, how the Jedi rewarded loyalty/rule following over the right thing and how Qu Gon dying was the fine straw, especially when they Jedi would not listen to him about Maul)

• Wow
Reactions: Lucky Planet
now I actually highly recommend that you watch it just to see your take on it. I'm not being sarcastic or making a joke,
I genuinely and legitimately would like to hear what you think. I'm really really curious.

and I’m telling you that you’re wrong. your understanding of this whole thing is extremely narrow and limited.
yeah yes it's very confusing, yeah and like you said, bad writing. it is very bad writing. I'm not sure the writers understood it either.