The Condition of the Yeti AA | Page 23 | Inside Universal Forums

The Condition of the Yeti AA

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Fake but stuff like this needs to be brought into the public eye more and more.

DOWN WITH CORPORATE GREED, DOWN WITH CROOKED GOVERNMENT, DOWN WITH NON FUNCTIONAL YETI'S!!! :wave:

Hopefully people asking about the Yeti in the Avatar thread will come here....

It's tough to find a video of A-mode Yeti. But this video of the Discovery Channel Special on EE, after about the 9 minute mark, shows a few shots of him in action behind a tarp.

[video=youtube;f4BS2r2osks]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4BS2r2osks[/video]

It's really impossible to describe, and so much better than just a strobe. It was literally one of the most unbelievable things I've seen in the parks.

Wait....The Yeti is broken!? :lol: Surely Disney has made this known :rofl: I agree with DH this does need to be fixed and from what a friend of mine who works for WDI tells me it's not a difficult fix. It just requires some new stabilization holes to be dug 60 feet down and filled with a material that can soften the seismic damage the Yeti causes. Will TDO do this is the question. :look:

Similar subject, different ride.

Apparently Kali's refurb did little. I don't know the full details but others are posting that all effects were supposed to be back up and none are, they were supposed to restructure the entrance and they didn't, and that all that was added was an umbrella and some que artifacts

Similar subject, different ride.

Apparently Kali's refurb did little. I don't know the full details but others are posting that all effects were supposed to be back up and none are, they were supposed to restructure the entrance and they didn't, and that all that was added was an umbrella and some que artifacts

Popeye refurb ain't looking to shabby now is it... :lol:

Popeye refurb ain't looking to shabby now is it... :lol:

The biggest complaints I read were that they were supposed to power blast the boats, and they still have mold on them, and that they were supposed to improve the draining in the tube so there wouldn't really be standing water when you get in, which according to WDWMagic, they did not.

what a friend of mine who works for WDI tells me it's not a difficult fix. It just requires some new stabilization holes to be dug 60 feet down and filled with a material that can soften the seismic damage the Yeti causes.

I wonder if this info is absolutely accurate? If so, I wouldn't call 60' holes inside of a mountain would be 'not a difficult fix'. Wouldn't they need to cut large holes in the mountain to lower in augers from a crane, not to mention pour the new footings? I would love to see the engineering plans for that building and its features.

I haven't been to this park since before EE was built, and I'm sad that I may never see this figure in action, so I have a few questions.
1. How long DID it work? I don't recall when this ride was built, but it seems I've been hearing about it being non-functioning for quite some time
2. What is wrong with it, why doesn't it work?
3. What are Disney's reasons for not fixing this?

I haven't been to this park since before EE was built, and I'm sad that I may never see this figure in action, so I have a few questions.
1. How long DID it work? I don't recall when this ride was built, but it seems I've been hearing about it being non-functioning for quite some time
2. What is wrong with it, why doesn't it work?
3. What are Disney's reasons for not fixing this?

It worked for the first year, then on and off for the 2nd year.

It doesn't work due to serious design flaws, from my understanding.

Fixing it requires a lot of money and shutting down one of the biggest draws to the park for a lengthy amount of time.

This was posted in here a LOOONG time ago, but just incase you haven't listened to this, it is definitely worth a listen. I occasionally listen to it just because I love it so much.

[video=youtube_share;KC5zts4ZsGo]http://youtu.be/KC5zts4ZsGo[/video]

I wonder if this info is absolutely accurate? If so, I wouldn't call 60' holes inside of a mountain would be 'not a difficult fix'. Wouldn't they need to cut large holes in the mountain to lower in augers from a crane, not to mention pour the new footings? I would love to see the engineering plans for that building and its features.

EE is actually 3 separate components. You the track,the Yeti and the mountain...well half mountain that's contained inside the show building. The problem from the start has been that the Yeti exerts too much force and was causing the track to buckle in certain spots. I asked him today how difficult it would be to fix the Yeti and he told me that it isn't impossible and a solution has been around for a while. It's just that TDO didn't want to implement it as it would cause EE to go down for refurb for a couple of weeks,possibly a month. Who knows though if George K is willing to give it a shot and get the Yeti working again. It really is a cool effect when it's on. :thumbs:

Reactions: Cwoolboy
Until more attractions are built, closing Everest would create an uproar with many guests who fail to realize that there is more to the park than just rides. Though I could see the anger, considering I ride Everest 4-5 times each visit to the park.