Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Condition of the Yeti AA

The sad thing is they don't need to close the attraction to fix the Yeti. Closing it obviously would be a convenience and get it done faster, but it could easily be worked on nightly with the ride operating the next day. They just choose not too.

Why? Because people come off of Everest having had a great time. No tourist ever says upon exit, "man, the Yeti not working really ruined that for me!". So since GSATs are high, they have no incentive to fix the damn thing.

The sad thing is they don't need to close the attraction to fix the Yeti. Closing it obviously would be a convenience and get it done faster, but it could easily be worked on nightly with the ride operating the next day. They just choose not too.

Why? Because people come off of Everest having had a great time. No tourist ever says upon exit, "man, the Yeti not working really ruined that for me!". So since GSATs are high, they have no incentive to fix the damn thing.

I hate to admit this but that is me. I rode it when the Yeti worked but was past it so fast that I almost missed it. Then, I rode it after it had broken and the ride wasn't that much less enjoyable. To spend the time/money on that animatronic, they should have placed it somewhere more noticeable.

I do realize that I just lost a lot of points here for this post.

:ban:

I hate to admit this but that is me. I rode it when the Yeti worked but was past it so fast that I almost missed it. Then, I rode it after it had broken and the ride wasn't that much less enjoyable. To spend the time/money on that animatronic, they should have placed it somewhere more noticeable.

I do realize that I just lost a lot of points here for this post.

:ban:
I don’t disagree it is a quick scene, but still doesn’t mean they shouldn’t fix what’s broken.

Now that FoP has proven to be the park’s biggest ride, Disney will definitely do a major refurb for Everest almost immediately. Or rather, after the summer ends.

There may not be another opportunity to do it for years. FoP will eventually even out and the 50th is coming up soon. Disney must realize this and wants to do a major refurb while they can. Even if it’s “early” by their schedules (it’s not)

Pretty much this, though I'm not sure it's a nightly fix due to the base being cracked and how the AA is positioned up high/surrounded by supports of everything else.

Either way, it's all a amusing conundrum. It was one of the more advanced AA's they built at the time, yet it really didn't make a difference in the quality of the ride when it went down. An' while I get why you only see the Yeti for a brief moment, it feels like a colossal waste of the tech because of that. They could've put in a much simpler AA and it would give the same effect without the massive wear and tear.

I’m sure they wanted to save it for the grand finale for the drama of it all (you see her handiwork, then the shadow, then the animatronic), but I can’t help but wonder if it would have been more effective having the animatronic placed in the track switch section, and the shadow at the end of the ride.

Either way, if the park’s not gonna add any rides before the 50th, they really should give the thing a revamp. Dinosaur’s upgrade was really nice, and they’re up two rides and a show from the time when they took that down for four months.

Yeah, it was a software upgrade only for the ride. They probably did some minimalistic cleaning, but that's about all i'd expect. This is the first time the ride has had an extended closure since it opened in 2006, so this was probably a needed software upgrade for operational purposes.

Rhode thinking he was going to "get it fixed" was always hilarious to me
I think he had the sincere desire to have the ride operating as designed and expressed that. I also think he knew the reality of the situation and wasn't being disingenuous.
I think he is way overblown in minutia and detail trying to look like a deeper thinker than everyone else but in this instance not an unexpected response.

I think he had the sincere desire to have the ride operating as designed and expressed that. I also think he knew the reality of the situation and wasn't being disingenuous.
I think he is way overblown in minutia and detail trying to look like a deeper thinker than everyone else but in this instance not an unexpected response.
It's fun to have dreams sometimes