The Current State and Future of Universal Studios Florida | Page 19 | Inside Universal Forums

The Current State and Future of Universal Studios Florida

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've sarcastically suggested this before, but if they really believe in cohesive IP lands (as Epic Universe suggests) then why not lightly retheme Rockit with some yellow paint to make it ostensibly part of the developing Minions land rather than a random one-off?

I've sarcastically suggested this before, but if they really believe in cohesive IP lands (as Epic Universe suggests) then why not lightly retheme Rockit with some yellow paint to make it ostensibly part of the developing Minions land rather than a random one-off?
Because it’s probably too intense of a ride already to theme it to a children’s franchise.

And it’s an eyesore enough already, we really don’t need it painted yellow.

I’m guessing we’re looking at something similar to this.

Monsters Cafe is a great if underutilized restaurant. If Minions Cafe gives it new life and spreads around more of the crowd then I’m all for it. Plus, with Villain Con exiting onto Production Central right next to it that area has some decent, if somewhat baffling, cohesion.

Today Cafe being so far from NY bugs me more than Monsters Cafe leaving.

The restaurant is actually a nicely themed spot. BUT, with the Monsters Land coming to Epic, it's probably a wise idea to theme it to the Minions, thus extending the Minions presence and sightlines. This might help make the ugly
Production Central area a little bit more bearable. And, the Minions are certainly an IP that interests and excites those family park guests.

I don't think the first thing they want you to walk into at a park named universal studios is minion park. Kinda sucks universal did not realize how big minions would be when deciding to just throw the overlay on one of their oldest rides in the park, vs putting it in an area that would be easily expandable to a fleshed out minions park, land or world. I really hope with the new minions attractions coming, it could still feel like a production central area vs a minions land.

I'm guessing it's a combination of the location of DMMM and possibly the expected shelf-life of the property that's kept the presence of DM/Minions in USF so small until now.

Yeah Mayhem was definitely conceived in budget mode to replace Neutron, back when the franchise was still unknown. It sucks, feels like they could have done some great stuff in KidZone.

I don't think the first thing they want you to walk into at a park named universal studios is minion park. Kinda sucks universal did not realize how big minions would be when deciding to just throw the overlay on one of their oldest rides in the park, vs putting it in an area that would be easily expandable to a fleshed out minions park, land or world. I really hope with the new minions attractions coming, it could still feel like a production central area vs a minions land.
I mean ideally it would be similar to USH's entrance and Minions would be a fully realized land over by Simpsons or something

However, I don't believe a Minions overhaul of whatever Production Central is supposed to be would greatly disrupt some "thematic integrity" that USF claims to have

In a Post-Potter and EU world, there are several areas of USF that are glaringly ugly. Production Central is one of those IMO

Just my dream/opinion, but if I were Universal, I would take this time to redo the park entrance and design it to force guests down Hollywood. Make that this park's main street/port of entry.

Just my dream/opinion, but if I were Universal, I would take this time to redo the park entrance and design it to force guests down Hollywood. Make that this park's main street/port of entry.

I want this too, but I feel like the right side of the park needs to fixed up before that happens. After Bourne, the first major thing people will see is Kidzone.

I'm not holding out for this personally

I think any redo would be done within the confines of the plots of land that are already occupied

A nice facelift on the soundstages (i.e. adding some facades) and perhaps a redo of the outside of everything Today Show Cafe back to the arches would be possible

Otherwise I don't see it happening

I'm not holding out for this personally

I think any redo would be done within the confines of the plots of land that are already occupied

A nice facelift on the soundstages (i.e. adding some facades) and perhaps a redo of the outside of everything Today Show Cafe back to the arches would be possible

Otherwise I don't see it happening
I don't think there's much that can be done to fix the entrance without being able to expand it into the space of other rides/buildings.

With HRRR and the minions rides probably approaching end of life in ~10 years time that might be a more appropriate opportunity for a full reconfiguring of the entrance area.

I don't think there's much that can be done to fix the entrance without being able to expand it into the space of other rides/buildings.

With HRRR and the minions rides probably approaching end of life in ~10 years time that might be a more appropriate opportunity for a full reconfiguring of the entrance area.
I wonder if that's why the new Minions Conveyor Ride is so allegedly "temporary"

Status
Not open for further replies.