The Eternals | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

The Eternals

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Remember when everyone was clowning on the trailer for this movie because they said "Throughout the years we have never interfered, until now." and people were saying things like "the Thanos snap wasn't enough to interfere?"... I think after seeing Loki, we have a good idea of WHY it is that they interfere only just now and that's because, honestly, Thanos wasn't enough of a threat for it to be worth their time. Sure, half the population got eliminated, but society was going to live on. What we're dealing with now is much larger than that.
To be fair....its weird right.
In Theory the branching timelines would start from the beggining of time and on not just after said event. Loki is pushed into the door before the events that split the timeline however ends up in another timeline sooooo yeah They are already kinda playing with the rules of time in the MCU

To be fair....its weird right.
In Theory the branching timelines would start from the beggining of time and on not just after said event. Loki is pushed into the door before the events that split the timeline however ends up in another timeline sooooo yeah They are already kinda playing with the rules of time in the MCU

There are no rules of time other than what the franchise sets….

There are no rules of time other than what the franchise sets….
Sure but if What happened in show happens before the timeline splits it makes no sense still. Then from the start of time we would have more then one timeline

It feels like Feige made the trailer himself as a direct response to criticism….like he wanted everyone to shut up who kept saying “But where were they when the snap happened? Why didn’t they help?”

That said - this got me way more excited than the first trailer. Outside of some very spotty CGI on some of the aliens/beings we saw, I think this looks super original. Count me in!

It feels like Feige made the trailer himself as a direct response to criticism….like he wanted everyone to shut up who kept saying “But where were they when the snap happened? Why didn’t they help?”

That said - this got me way more excited than the first trailer. Outside of some very spotty CGI on some of the aliens/beings we saw, I think this looks super original. Count me in!

Totally agree. I wasn't remotely interested before, but now I am.

Reactions: HalfGlass
Great trailer. I think Shang-Chi and The Eternals are going to turn out to be two of the better Marvel movies in recent memory.

Reactions: Clive
I'm starting to get a sameness feeling from Marvel, which I know a lot of people have had for a while. I'm less interested in this, but it's either what I just said or its thematic similarities to Thor.

Very very interested in this only because it doesn't look like the typical capecrap that bends its source canon for the sake of fitting into this narrative. I know nothing about The Eternals even as a Marvel fan, but everything looks so good so far, even the Poster isn't a generic splash page that's just characters convoluted together as some graphic design presentation. Hopefully it blows me away.

The Celestials look great too, that was at least very recognizable.

Sorry but a bunch of CGI crap on top of Chloe Zhao's beautiful visuals is not a good look. These are cookie cutter movies that really anyone can do so I am not sure why she took the project. Get that paycheck I guess.

Reactions: chris.g
The Premiere last night reviews are trickling in....but the review is this is a Chloe Zhao movie not a MCU movie as its so different than anything they have done... but the movie is so deep that many reviewers had to think about how they felt.
As should be expected. Zhao wouldn’t sign on unless she felt what she was making was her style of movie with a little superhero flavor.

The reviews calling it messy make me weirdly excited. It feels like it's been so long since a superhero movie was ambitiously messy rather than just messy messy.

Apparently, there is a spoiler making rounds. Please use the tag if it's discussing any aspect of it.
Just to verify, I’ve been spoiled of something, but idk all spoilers that are out there so I won’t even frame context around it, just giving another verified warning to this and for others who want to avoid the internet for a few weeks maybe.

I’m excited to hear we are getting some new styles of MCU

think Shang chi would be higher on my MCU list of the third act wasn’t just action because action films need big cgi to finish off even if the story doesn’t call for it

Review embargo has ended and the film is at a RT percentage of 74% with 36 reviews in.