The Flash/Flashpoint | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

The Flash/Flashpoint

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Problem with that is that you need to pay Timothee, you just paid Ezra for nothing, and the budget for the film is probably already at $200M or so, especially since this is supposed to be a big event type of film in the DCEU introducing the multiverse.

True. That would be a matter that would need to be hashed out, but who's to say that can't be solved before they figure things out for Dune: Part Two? Assuming the ink hasn't been fully etched, I can see WB wanting to get a first look deal in play with TImothee. Especially as he is leading both Paul and Wonka already for them.

Keep most of Ezra in the movie. Edit/create a scene where a new version of Flash comes through (Timothy). Ezra finds a reality where his mom is still alive and decides to stay there. Timothy becomes DCEU Flash permanently.

Turns out Ezra Miller was involved in a series of aggressions while in Hawaii. They have become a huge liability for Warner Bros. and should be dropped ASAP knowing what we know now.

Genuinely hope this time it doesn't go under WB's desk. Won't be shocked if it does, but I feel that could make things worse.
Perhaps the movie was pushed back because they knew that there was issues going on besides the 2020 one with Ezra so they gave them time to reshoot scenes with a new Flash?

I mean, if he stays on, how do you promote the movie? Ezra Miller can't go out on a press tour. There will be endless questions about his past and the movie will get lost. Less people will go see it simply because he is The Flash. I just think he has to be replaced and honestly Zaslav should be consulted on this since he'll own DC when this movie comes out.

I don't think it can be stressed enough; Ezra needs some serious help.
As for WB/DC, I know they apparently had an emergency meeting a week or so ago, but they need another one right now and they need to make a decision since this situation is sadly not improving.

Reactions: ghostsarejerks
They can't release this movie. How can you promote a movie when the only thing that the star playing Flash in a movie called "The Flash" will be asked about is his controversies? On top of that, it kind of just feels a bit disgusting supporting him as Flash when he's an abusive drunk that has shown a pattern of this behavior. He needs to go to rehab, not get rewarded with a crap ton of money because he had a contract, which i'm sure WBD can find language which he has broke several times now between Flash and Fantastic Beasts as well.

If this is such an important movie for the DCEU, I think they need to invest in reshoots and a new lead actor, which no doubt will be expensive. But it's a long-term investment for the DCEU more or less. They need someone that can be trusted to not continuously embarrass them.

Last edited:
At this point it does seem like they need to cut their losses. I’m curious what the new head of WB will do. The only bummer would be missing out on Michael Keaton’s return as Batman.

I realize this would be even more difficult since Miller's probably in every scene, but... it can be done without re-shooting the entire movie:

I guess voiceover and face replacement are an option over straight up reshoots. I’m just concerned about Cavill mustache syndrome :lol:

• Haha
Reactions: Fedic
I guess voiceover and face replacement are an option over straight up reshoots. I’m just concerned about Cavill mustache syndrome :lol:
Face replacement isn't an option because then you're still running into legal and SAG issues since they'd be using Ezra's performance for someone else.

Reactions: Nico
I have to say, when you compare what Ezra is doing to Will Smith did and the outcry over that (basically, keep ya hands to yourself), I have to say Warner Bros. Discovery looks REALLY weak right now.

It's been over 3 weeks since the original incident, he's had the police called on him 10 times, and he was just jailed again for once again throwing some sort of object at a woman and hurting her. Then there's the break in where he threatened to kill the wife and took their wallet, passport and he also got their Social Security Card from their wallet and then a judge dismissed(!) a restraining order filed against him by the couple despite stolen identity and threatening them.

I mean, this is pure lunacy that it's radio silence on Ezra, but for Will Smith, just because they saw the incident in full 4K glory, he had to have projects cancelled, resign from the Academy, and banned from attending the Oscars for 10 years because of the slap. It's not like we haven't seen video of Ezra being violent before as we saw his episode in 2018 where he was arrested originally and many were wondering if WB would cut ties.

If Warner-Discover doesn't do something this is going to end very badly and I don't say this flippantly, but either him or someone else is going to end up dead one of these days if something is not done soon.Warner Brothers should've been getting Ezra help from the second the video came out in 2018 if they weren't going to fire him.

Unpopular opinion but WB should not care. People will see the movie and will want more of the Flash. Sure they wikl replace him going forward but people judge art and artists so weird. Like are you checking the wrap Sheet of the guy at McDonald’s to make sure he is not a criminal before you get your happy meal. If you dont like it dont see the movie but teying to cancel everything you don't like is weird.

Unpopular opinion but WB should not care. People will see the movie and will want more of the Flash. Sure they wikl replace him going forward but people judge art and artists so weird. Like are you checking the wrap Sheet of the guy at McDonald’s to make sure he is not a criminal before you get your happy meal. If you dont like it dont see the movie but teying to cancel everything you don't like is weird.
There's a big difference between ordering a meal at McDonalds and choosing not to see a movie starring a serial violent offender that would make them lots of money in the long run. Audiences are very discerning, and make choices with their wallets on who they want to support.

There's a big difference between ordering a meal at McDonalds and choosing not to see a movie starring a serial violent offender that would make them lots of money in the long run. Audiences are very discerning, and make choices with their wallets on who they want to support.
And I already know myself that i'm so indifferent on the DCEU already, that there's no way i'm just blindly going simply to see The Flash unless they make casting changes. I just don't care enough about a Cinematic Universe that has been so all over the place anyway to just say "i'm putting my morals aside because I want to see Flash do cool stuff." I won't even watch this on streaming if it comes out with him in it.

Last edited:
Wait....how can anyone at this point not see this actor as out. Like No one should keep a job after all they have done in public

Anyway, he can still be in the film but they need a new ending where a new flash replaces him or something

Wait....how can anyone at this point not see this actor as out. Like No one should keep a job after all they have done in public

Anyway, he can still be in the film but they need a new ending where a new flash replaces him or something
It's not even that he would be replaced after. I think it's a really bad look to release this a film with him starring in it next year when they could say something that makes them look strong like "Ezra is out. There's a new parent company in charge and this is something we want to make it known right from the start that we will not tolerate abusive behavior, nor will we try to act like it didn't happen. We are willing to spend however much it takes to reshoot Ezra's scenes, even if it means pushing this movies release date back again."

How do you market this movie? Ezra surely can't do PR for the movie. Also, the next Warner Bros Discovery earnings call is (*drumroll please*) April 26th, which is next Thursday. You're kidding yourself if you think David Zaslav won't be asked about it in the Q&A section.

I go see DCEU movies as long as i'm hearing good things, but I don't care if this movie is 100% on RT, there's no way I will watch this movie in theaters or on streaming if he is still in it. There's too many great movies that come out (Everything Everywhere All At Once is a great example right now) that I DON'T see, I wouldn't waste my time watching a Flash movie when he's a serial abuser that thinks too highly of themselves. Ironically, for someone playing The Flash, he sure does get caught a lot...

So supposedly Ezra lost a someone close to him recently and just ran away from it all to Hawaii. This further instills the thought process that he really needs HELP. This whole situation is very, VERY similar to Shia LeBeauf's situation from back in the day. He's now back working here and there, but he took a long break because he probably really mentally needed it and I think Ezra needs the same.

He shouldn't be in movies right now for - not even for a punishment type thing, but simply because he himself needs a break before 2nd degree assault tuns to first degree, turns to who knows what. He's definitely been drunk in some of these situations we know and I wouldn't be surprised if he's on pills or using some drug that will get him killed if he doesn't get the help that he seems to desperately need.