The Future of Fast and Furious: Supercharged | Page 31 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Fast and Furious: Supercharged

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Whatever you do with that space, assuming you keep the theme, it has to have that kinetic aspect, all the stunts and fast moves that the series is known for. Hell, I’m not even opposed to keeping the queue and preshow, because that’s not even the issue. Retool the preshow script to reflect the new plot and off you go.

What’s more, Supercharged was produced and opened at a time when the series, in its storytelling, was fairly earthbound; since then, they’ve been on ice, underwater, and to space, and you have the opportunity to cover any or all those bases in a new attraction.

Reactions: tankart150
Another possible wrench in the system is Dynamic Attractions willing to make another one? The one they're still working on in Genting SkyWorld has yet to be finished, and if it's been as much of a pain as their Special Effects coaster, then just like the Special Effects coaster, they might be openly content with not building another one.
Definitely not suggesting that would go in this space. That coaster takes up a lot of room if go the false floor route. Just an example of how a ride that acts like Test Track can be done completely differently than how Disney did.

Just spitballing here but let's say they do decide to move forward with a coaster. In theory, if Zelda is a 2027 project like most of us now believe, that would leave a hole for 2026. Assuming it's not an off year, I can picture a scenario where in the presser for Hollywood Drift, they announce that both versions of Supercharged will close in late 2024/Jan 2025. Then they gut the interior of the building but leave most of the queue/preshow areas in tact and have it ready for Summer 2026. Kongfrontation closed in September 8, 2002 and they completely renovated it into Mummy and opened it on May 21, 2004, so that timeline isn't too unrealistic, especially given that Supercharged has no where near the amount of sets to demolish inside.

A coaster gets slotted in this space but has just enough differences to standout from the set/effects heavy Mummy and screen-based Gringotts next door (maybe the drift part is dropped idk). I was inspired by the old Backlot Stunt Coaster and the new Uncharted ride at PortAventura for this idea. Maybe I'm crazy but I think this could work and be a much needed boost to USF, especially post EU.

Just spitballing here but let's say they do decide to move forward with a coaster. In theory, if Zelda is a 2027 project like most of us now believe, that would leave a hole for 2026. Assuming it's not an off year, I can picture a scenario where in the presser for Hollywood Drift, they announce that both versions of Supercharged will close in late 2024/Jan 2025. Then they gut the interior of the building but leave most of the queue/preshow areas in tact and have it ready for Summer 2026. Kongfrontation closed in September 8, 2002 and they completely renovated it into Mummy and opened it on May 21, 2004, so that timeline isn't too unrealistic, especially given that Supercharged has no where near the amount of sets to demolish inside.

A coaster gets slotted in this space but has just enough differences to standout from the set/effects heavy Mummy and screen-based Gringotts next door (maybe the drift part is dropped idk). I was inspired by the old Backlot Stunt Coaster and the new Uncharted ride at PortAventura for this idea. Maybe I'm crazy but I think this could work and be a much needed boost to USF, especially post EU.
I could not possibly agree more with all of this!

To me an indoor F&F coaster should be Mummy's successor. And an outdoor one would be HRRR's successor. USF has no need for 3 E-ticket coasters, 2 of which would fill the same spot in the lineup. I get what you mean about differences from Mummy, but to most guests I don't think that's enough of a difference

Last edited:
Don’t get me wrong, a coaster would be a massive improvement for this space, I just don’t know how they could differentiate it from it’s neighbors, Mummy and Gringotts. You could differentiate it from Gringotts by being more thrill heavy, but then you basically get Mummy. Vice versa, if you wanted to make it more story heavy than Mummy you get Gringotts. The ideal attraction for F&F to me is an outdoor, 100% thrill focused coaster that replaces RRR.

To me an indoor F&F coaster should be Mummy's predecessor. And an outdoor one would be HRRR's predecessor. USF has no need for 3 E-ticket coasters, 2 of which would fill the same spot in the lineup. I get what you mean about differences from Mummy, but to most guests I don't think that's enough of a difference
I think you mean successor. Mummy got an extensive refurb last year and is here for the long term. A way to set the two coasters apart would be for a hypothetical F&F coaster to have a mix for practical set pieces and screen tech like Transformers, but in roller coaster form. Then HRRR can be removed and the area behind it can also go as well for a massive expansion to USF

Reactions: graspthesun
Don’t get me wrong, a coaster would be a massive improvement for this space, I just don’t know how they could differentiate it from it’s neighbors, Mummy and Gringotts. You could differentiate it from Gringotts by being more thrill heavy, but then you basically get Mummy. Vice versa, if you wanted to make it more story heavy than Mummy you get Gringotts. The ideal attraction for F&F to me is an outdoor, 100% thrill focused coaster that replaces RRR.
This part isn't lost on me at all, I actually agree it would be hard. The drifting part would be a fun way to make the sensation different but there would have to be more to it than that.

I think you mean successor. Mummy got an extensive refurb last year and is here for the long term. A way to set the two coasters apart would be for a hypothetical F&F coaster to have a mix for practical set pieces and screen tech like Transformers, but in roller coaster form. Then HRRR can be removed and the area behind it can also go as well for a massive expansion to USF
Yeah sorry I meant successor. I get where you're going but that just sounds like Gringotts to me. It's honestly a shame because I think a Cosmic Rewind-esque coaster with a controlled spin and large screens could perfectly capture the scale and thrill of F&F, and definitely in a way that would top a slow-moving screen based ride. But I don't see a way to do that sort of ride without it feeling far too similar to it's neighbors

@DodgsonHere mentioned taking out HRRR and replacing that with a F&F coaster, but then their hands would be tied in regards to expanding USF in that area if they wanted to. But then think about this. USB has both Transformers and that impressive Jurassic World attraction. Both use the SCOOP ride vehicle, but have a distinct flavor to make each stand out in their own way to feel different. So maybe they could do another Gringotts/Guardians like coaster with a F&F flavor that stands out and feels different from Gringotts.

Reactions: Tyc00n96
Is F&F still a thing? I know that they keep pumping out movies with middle age actors with saggy tattoos.....but this franchise feels old....and not in a classic fun way. I say level the thing and cook something up based on a new franchise.

Like a Back to the Future reboot.

Reactions: TheUniC6
Is F&F still a thing? I know that they keep pumping out movies with middle age actors with saggy tattoos.....but this franchise feels old....and not in a classic fun way. I say level the thing and cook something up based on a new franchise.

Fast X was released 6 days ago and they're already pushing $400 million. 2nd biggest opening this year after Super Mario Bros lol

Yes it is. Even after the final mainline movie in 2025, there are going to be spinoffs, maybe with the next generation of Dom's crew likely his and Brian's children. A all-female spin off has already been confirmed for sometime now as well.

OK then….counter….does F&F make a great IP for theme parks even though it has grossed a bazillion dollars?