The Future of Fast and Furious: Supercharged | Page 29 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Fast and Furious: Supercharged

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I’d argue USF could use a good thrill coaster and not HRRR.

That said, I wonder if they could do a Lights, Camera, Action type attraction in there. It’d be better than F&F, and they may not have to use the entire building for such a thing.

Reactions: Jwhee
With so many new coasters at IOA and Epic, I'd have to guess that Universal would replace F&F with something other than a coaster, so they don't get out of balance like they did with all the 3D film attractions.
That would probably entail a large scale dark ride even family ones. USF could really use more of those.

Reactions: Ahmanet
I’d argue USF could use a good thrill coaster and not HRRR.

That said, I wonder if they could do a Lights, Camera, Action type attraction in there. It’d be better than F&F, and they may not have to use the entire building for such a thing.
With 80% of park tickets being park hoppers, as previously announced by Universal, the thrill coasters at IOA, the thrill park, are sufficient for the resort, not counting Mummy & Gringotts at USF. I think the time has passed for the Lights, Camera, Action types of attractions, though I personally like them. As @TheUniC6 has said, it begs for a large dark ride, the building is massive, since it includes both the Disaster and Beetleguise show plots. There's a lot of creative things they could do with that huge space.

Last edited:
I'd prefer two smaller D-tickets personally. That's a lot of space for just one ride and I can't think of many remaining IPs that warrant it.

I also wouldn't be surprised if San Francisco goes away completely in favor of another city that has more IP opportunities.

If I were on a tight budget:

Turn the F&F queue into a prop warehouse, pre-show is with a live production assistant who tells you about the magic of making movies and how Universal has been doing it for 100+ years. You then board a "Studio Tour Bus" and enter a magic soundstage that transports you into the world of Universal films. End it with an epic montage in the 360 room for a big finale.

Are we that confident that Fast and Furious Supercharged's time is really up? Will this be the next big project they take on after the KZ revamp?

Last edited:
I trust Alicia and Andy. But also, nothing is a done deal until it’s done - especially in theme parks.
I trust them as well. I'm just curious to what the actual rumor is. Fast & Furious is obviously a huge franchise for Universal, but they definitely whiffed on Supercharged. Interesting to see what the Box Office numbers will be for FF:X this weekend, I believe the franchise should be represented in the parks, but with something more like what Hollywood's getting... but like others have said before, does USO need another coaster? Especially with 4 more opening with Epic Universe

Turn the F&F queue into a prop warehouse, pre-show is with a live production assistant who tells you about the magic of making movies and how Universal has been doing it for 100+ years. You then board a "Studio Tour Bus" and enter a magic soundstage that transports you into the world of Universal films. End it with an epic montage in the 360 room for a big finale.
I actually love this idea....But.... It might have flown 15/20 years ago, but with the direction theme parks are taking, I wouldn't give it much chance to be approved.

I trust Alicia and Andy. But also, nothing is a done deal until it’s done - especially in theme parks.
on the nose hints GIF by Efteling

I'd prefer two smaller D-tickets personally. That's a lot of space for just one ride and I can't think of many remaining IPs that warrant it.

I also wouldn't be surprised if San Francisco goes away completely in favor of another city that has more IP opportunities.
How about SLOP and a smaller, complementary attraction?

Wouldn't be too hard to extend some New York theme-work down into what is now San Francisco.

I like this idea in theory.

I'd love for whatever might replace Supercharged to not be simulator-heavy, though, and I'm not sure there's enough space in the existing infrastructure to have full-sized show scenes and keep the 360 tunnel.

How about SLOP and a smaller, complementary attraction?

Wouldn't be too hard to extend some New York theme-work down into what is now San Francisco.
Something like SLOP is exactly what I was thinking.

I always imagined SLOP would go into an Illumination-themed (Fantasy)land, but since that seems to be out of the question, this is probably the next best spot.

I’m not a big fan of the movies myself, but F&F is far and away Universal’s biggest movie franchise of all time. They need to do right by it and build an entire land dedicated to it. Maybe one of the open plots in EU. There’s a lot you could do with a land like that. Plus it fits their traditional demographic to a “T”. We’ve got enough kiddie and gamer lands on the horizon, time to go back to building stuff the big kids and adults like too.

As far as what to replace Supercharged in San Fran with? Honestly, you could stick a Gravitron in there and it would be better loved than Supercharged.

If this is something that might happen within the next few years (maybe 2026?), I could only imagine it's either a coaster or a ride/system that has already been developed elsewhere.