Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Future of Fast and Furious: Supercharged

I'm not sure i've ever seen a Universal attraction have an official sponsor, at least since Comcast took over. This move was probably made to pay for the maintenance of the ride and to get a few more years out of the ride without Universal having to foot the bill.

I honestly can't be against the move as long as it's for the short term because we know 2023 is Villain-Con, 2024, is KidZone redo, 2025 is Epic, and 2026 might be something for IOA as it'll have been awhile. So even though they know that F&F is a problem, i'd rather the park have a sponsor for it so it's open and at the very least it's a high capacity ride that is there during busy times until they get around to a replacement hopefully later in the decade or even possible not until the 2030's.

I'm happy to be a part of the family if it involves an eye-ball popping coaster.

The bus, uh, if it draws people away from good rides that's something I guess.

I'm not sure i've ever seen a Universal attraction have an official sponsor, at least since Comcast took over. This move was probably made to pay for the maintenance of the ride and to get a few more years out of the ride without Universal having to foot the bill.

I honestly can't be against the move as long as it's for the short term because we know 2023 is Villain-Con, 2024, is KidZone redo, 2025 is Epic, and 2026 might be something for IOA as it'll have been awhile. So even though they know that F&F is a problem, i'd rather the park have a sponsor for it so it's open and at the very least it's a high capacity ride that is there during busy times until they get around to a replacement hopefully later in the decade or even possible not until the 2030's.
I remember a "mummy wrapped" VW or something outside of Mummy back in the day

But it does feel strange to have a sponsor

Ah well, it's literally just a spray painted decal lol

I remember the entirety of the 90s when every single attraction at Universal Studios Florida had a sponsor. Like EVERY single one.

Funny how quickly that dropped off during the following decade.
Maybe they hired that guy back to pound the pavement and rope in the sponsors

I remember a "mummy wrapped" VW or something outside of Mummy back in the day

But it does feel strange to have a sponsor

Ah well, it's literally just a spray painted decal lol

I think you’re talking about Hollywood’s Mummy.

vwqueue1.jpg

(Credit to the Studio Tour website)