The Future of Fast and Furious: Supercharged | Page 26 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Fast and Furious: Supercharged

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Kong is one of my favorite attractions at Universal, though the key is when the outside is working, since that sets the atmosphere. I usually avoid it if they are only running it indoors.

Completely agree, Last rode it in 2016 when it was brand new and loved it, and it still holds up for me. We actually rode Fast and Furious first and I was afraid that would ruin that ride type for the GF but she still liked it.

Never ridden it without the outdoor portion, could definitely see how that would detract, but it's nice they have the option to keep it running in case it rains.

Reactions: Darko and Mad Dog
Let's see, the Universal tour in Hollywood has got the first F&F misfire and maybe get's a cool F&F ride. Orlando got the expended t@r! version so in that logic we could get the plussed up cool ride. Right.
Funny how I envisioned this concept before Intamin presented it.
I was brainstorming in my head what our version would be like if this were to happen. I'd have to think just off terrain alone, we wouldn't have the same layout. Going off of that, I have 3 blue sky ideas. A mostly indoor concept (maybe part of it goes outside) in place of Supercharged, a totally different outdoor concept having it as an anchor in a new land elsewhere, or even crazier, a Rockit replacement if realism in the ride story is thrown out the window.

No. Really.

Re-theme this to The Bad Guys.

Replace the pre-show and the Musion scene with animatronics. Have the story follow the movie where the gang is saving the guinea pigs. Then the 360 tunnel becomes the escape and attempt to contain the disaster.

It’s actually so obvious, especially because it leans into the problems that exist with the ride’s current structure. Bad CGI that makes it look like a video game? Make it a cartoon! Uncomfortable making a human AA? Make it a bunch of animals! A ride system that is “family thrilling” but not “F&F thrilling?” Theme it to a Dreamworks family film!

You get the cute animal marketability of SLoP while fixing a trash fire.
I finally watched the movie and stand by this idea 1000%.

Not really asking for others to research, but did Bad Guys do well enough BO wise to warrant an attraction? Idk what’s “good” for Covid standards

Hopefully, it's short 3-5 years at most. I know Disney likes to aim their sponsorships at 5-10.

Speaking of sponsorships, what other attractions are sponsored at Universal currently? I know Shrek was at one point was sponsored by Zephyrhills Water, but I don't think there's currently an attraction being actively sponsored?

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Lousy news. The 'Worst' major theme park attraction probably gets more longevity now. Evidently, NAPA's marketing dept. didn't do a due diligence study. It would probably be more appropriate if one of the Crypto currency scam companies was a sponsor......or better yet
Butter ball 'Turkeys' as the proud sponsor :grin:

Last edited:
With this display of lack of judgment, I'm not sure I ever want to go to NAPA Auto Parts again. :grin:

Reactions: Mad Dog