The Future of Fast and Furious: Supercharged | Page 25 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Fast and Furious: Supercharged

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Honestly I think this is a franchise that would be best served theming-wise by the Scoop/Evac-type ride system; Transformers in particular demonstrates that the system can work pretty effectively for high-speed scenes, and the new Beijing Jurassic World Adventure ride's awesome animatronic Indominus Rex chase setpiece could be repurposed for something like getting in a ramming match with a villain vehicle/towing a vault or object ala Fast 5 or something similar. It would probably require a significant repurposing/expansion to the show building, if not a new one altogether though.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
I honestly wish they would scrap Fast & Furious as a franchise from being used in attractions. I don’t know how those movies make money because I do not know a single person who is a fan of the franchise, and I never see anyone buying merch for it in the shops or wearing anything related to it in the park. There should be a photo spot or exhibit with cars from the franchise in the park and that’s it. Too many franchises that Universal sleeps on to allow F&F to be as prominent as it is.

Sorry, just had to get that off my chest.

Reactions: craigt and Jamie77
I honestly wish they would scrap Fast & Furious as a franchise from being used in attractions. I don’t know how those movies make money because I do not know a single person who is a fan of the franchise, and I never see anyone buying merch for it in the shops or wearing anything related to it in the park. There should be a photo spot or exhibit with cars from the franchise in the park and that’s it. Too many franchises that Universal sleeps on to allow F&F to be as prominent as it is.

Sorry, just had to get that off my chest.
If you check the box office for the franchise you will see why it is in the parks.

recycling ride systems does not seem to be a good idea when they have 2 already with the same system. They have talented and creative people at Universal. They should give them a proper budget to create something unique.

Honestly I think this is a franchise that would be best served theming-wise by the Scoop/Evac-type ride system; Transformers in particular demonstrates that the system can work pretty effectively for high-speed scenes, and the new Beijing Jurassic World Adventure ride's awesome animatronic Indominus Rex chase setpiece could be repurposed for something like getting in a ramming match with a villain vehicle/towing a vault or object ala Fast 5 or something similar. It would probably require a significant repurposing/expansion to the show building, if not a new one altogether though.

I'd actually agree heavily with the idea of SCOOP, if they wouldn't for the coaster method on F&F.

Jurassic World Adventure is a shining example of using a thrill-level IP with something as multi-layered as that dark ride was. Combine it as a physical effect showcase with layered sets, practical car effects, and more. I even floated the idea before, and I can easily see it if Universal would try to advance the SCOOP system to be able to do slopes.

I'd much rather have a darkcoaster (or a traditional dueling coaster even), but SCOOP can work exceedingly well.

I'd actually agree heavily with the idea of SCOOP, if they wouldn't for the coaster method on F&F.

Jurassic World Adventure is a shining example of using a thrill-level IP with something as multi-layered as that dark ride was. Combine it as a physical effect showcase with layered sets, practical car effects, and more. I even floated the idea before, and I can easily see it if Universal would try to advance the SCOOP system to be able to do slopes.

I'd much rather have a darkcoaster (or a traditional dueling coaster even), but SCOOP can work exceedingly well.
In my opinion, Studios needs another coaster and F&F would have been the perfect property for it

Although a reformatted SCOOP would have been interesting

If they ever lose the rights to Transformers for whatever reason, they could simply retheme that ride around F&F and then shutdown Supercharged to be something worthwhile.
Only if they spend the bucks to make the film/CGI it would require to do it right. This iteration could be OK to good (disregard bus/RV) if it had some work put into the CGI

Reactions: Coolbfitz

This is for Hollywood, but... Some food for thought for the future.
Let's see, the Universal tour in Hollywood has got the first F&F misfire and maybe get's a cool F&F ride. Orlando got the expended t@r! version so in that logic we could get the plussed up cool ride. Right.
Funny how I envisioned this concept before Intamin presented it.

Perhaps this ends up being one of those 'two for deals' with a manufacturer that Universal seems to love....Hollywood & USF

Feels like a supermarket sweep sort of deal.

anigif_sub-buzz-10749-1517599803-1.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Alicia
Didn't attempt any re-rides. She did like Kong on the other hand though, got two rides on it this trip. So it's definitely on the ride, not the ride system. Kong just has enough extras (and better storyline) to make it worth it.
Kong is one of my favorite attractions at Universal, though the key is when the outside is working, since that sets the atmosphere. I usually avoid it if they are only running it indoors.