The Future of Fast and Furious: Supercharged | Page 24 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Fast and Furious: Supercharged

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Usually they say these things decades later when retired though. I’m still kind of shocked.
Yeah, that's what surprises me most is that he said it while being in a high level position at UC. I guess maybe it's just universally (no pun intended) accepted that the ride sucks and was a mistake from high level management on down?

Reactions: Alicia
Is there a rumored date on when this is happening next month? I'm going to the parks for the first time in several years and I was really hoping to catch this one before anything happens to it.

I'm not saying I'm looking forward to it but I'd like to experience the current iteration just once to say I was there. :lol:
Well I'm back. I wasn't checking the site so I wasn't aware until I got there that the downtime was a little longer but I managed to get a ride in on my last day before I left.

I really was hoping this was a exaggerated poor experience. I was thinking it really didn't film well but would be better on the ride and with the goggles. I mean, you all can definitely say "I told you so." My first words when we stopped at the station before unloading was "that was something" to which the lady next to me replied a moment later by saying "... yeah" and sounded like she regretted having spent time in line for this thing. (I had gone through single riders figuring I'd go back through the full line if the ride wasn't that bad. I did not go back.)

At least I can confirm the screens were cleaned, so that's something. I wasn't expecting to log on today and see that above by Mr. Coup, however, so it's nice to know it isn't some mass hysteria. :lol:

Reactions: Alicia and belloq87
Maybe it's that I'm from the Netherlands where we are know to be very direct (even rude, but that is wrong), who finds this a form of strength to say you did something wrong. Lets be clear, it was no ones intend to make a ride that sucked (although the Cars thing at Disney studios could be just that). Also upper management can push on you (trust me) to go trough with it. In his place I would hope it failed so it would get the attention the ip deserves, than rather make it okay-ish.
By the way, I don't think this ride can be saved of fixed. You can put lipstick on a pig or polish a turd but it will never be an amazing e-ticket attraction.

Way less shocking when they could already have an overlay in mind. (And they probably think the problem is not the ride ride but everything else around it)
As much as I want to believe this, I’m starting to come around to the other possibility they were toying with… doing nothing. Moving it to seasonal for the Fall. And using it for an HHN house. :_:

Reactions: JoeCamel
No scenario other than complete demo and starting fresh on the plot of land (which isn't going to happen) holds much interest for me. I don't think the 360 tunnel is a gimmick that should have been repeated while Kong is in the other park.

Could a better version of an attraction than Supercharged exist using that approach? Probably, but it will always feel kind of like a waste of space to me regardless of whichever IP is inserted there.

I think Kong is interesting at least.

They really went the extra mile to flesh out the experience for Skull Island. The wonderful queue, the outdoor section, the additional scenes on either end of the screen tunnel, the final Kong animatronic... they knew that the 360 aspect couldn't be the thing that the attraction coasted on. And it's still easily the least-impressive component of the ride, but taken as a complete experience, the attraction is great.

Lightning did not strike twice with Supercharged, to say the least.

From the "What Should I Have Expected Department"....Swore off ever riding F&F...BUT....I was curious to what cleaning, etc. they did during the brief shutdown....
so I talked Alene into a ride....and guess what....Two brief seconds into the 360 screen section, the ride broke down,. No screen, no sound, no movement.....We got off,
they offered everyone a re ride. Two people walked over for a reride, that was it. We left. No use wasting anymore time on that turkey. I should have known that
no good could result from getting on that. Plus, Ops were painstaking slow on loading. Guess they're demoralized too, since it showed. Even with Express, way too much
valuable theme park time was wasted.

From the "What Should I Have Expected Department"....Swore off ever riding F&F...BUT....I was curious to what cleaning, etc. they did during the brief shutdown....
so I talked Alene into a ride....and guess what....Two brief seconds into the 360 screen section, the ride broke down,. No screen, no sound, no movement.....We got off,
they offered everyone a re ride. Two people walked over for a reride, that was it. We left. No use wasting anymore time on that turkey. I should have known that
no good could result from getting on that. Plus, Ops were painstaking slow on loading. Guess they're demoralized too, since it showed. Even with Express, way too much
valuable theme park time was wasted.
This just says it all lol

No. Really.

Re-theme this to The Bad Guys.

Replace the pre-show and the Musion scene with animatronics. Have the story follow the movie where the gang is saving the guinea pigs. Then the 360 tunnel becomes the escape and attempt to contain the disaster.

It’s actually so obvious, especially because it leans into the problems that exist with the ride’s current structure. Bad CGI that makes it look like a video game? Make it a cartoon! Uncomfortable making a human AA? Make it a bunch of animals! A ride system that is “family thrilling” but not “F&F thrilling?” Theme it to a Dreamworks family film!

You get the cute animal marketability of SLoP while fixing a trash fire.

No. Really.

Re-theme this to The Bad Guys.

Replace the pre-show and the Musion scene with animatronics. Have the story follow the movie where the gang is saving the guinea pigs. Then the 360 tunnel becomes the escape and attempt to contain the disaster.

It’s actually so obvious, especially because it leans into the problems that exist with the ride’s current structure. Bad CGI that makes it look like a video game? Make it a cartoon! Uncomfortable making a human AA? Make it a bunch of animals! A ride system that is “family thrilling” but not “F&F thrilling?” Theme it to a Dreamworks family film!

You get the cute animal marketability of SLoP while fixing a trash fire.
I could genuinely see this, can easily add some AA’s too and remove a few screens if they wanted. This would all fit more naturally.

Considering that, foundationally, there is a version of the ride that works in the park next door, an easy fix can exist.
Part of me thinks since someone high up said this plot is a disaster and they wish they never built it, maybe they’d just tear it down. Prolly too hopeful on my end, but, I feel it’s not crazy one day.