The Future of Fast and Furious: Supercharged | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Fast and Furious: Supercharged

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
My guess, and that's all it is.....Once the Theme Park situation returns to normal, F&F either stays closed or undergoes a change. I'm thinking they won't reopen it as it is.

Reactions: Disneyhead
It's such a shame to see one of their most popular franchises get treated the way Supercharged has been. Personally I would vote to gut the building and just put something entirely new in its place. Turn it into a show, ride, gift shop, or restaurant.

Start fresh and have F&F open as a totally new attraction in a different section of the park (Fear Factor + MIB?) to coincide with F&F 10's release, which probably comes out in 2023 at this point.

Scrap the party scene and the 360 tunnel. Pull into the warehouse and have a practical show scene. Fire and explosions could make up for lack of speed.
I like this idea of adding more fire and practical effects, but not for fast and furious. I was working on some drawings for fun of converting the F&f to Hobbs and Shaw. I don’t really believe rix flix rumors, but he brought this up on his last video as a rumor. The lack of speed doesn’t bother me for Hobbs and Shaw and maybe they could play with some innovation with choreographed actors or advanced animatronics like the Spider-Man show going to Disney.
They could film the footage when they shoot the sequel coming up. With rumors that Ryan Reynolds is joining the cast, could be a good franchise to base a ride on. Then They could start from scratch with F&F.

Here's something novel. Change it to a Beetleguise Musical Show. ;) :lol:
Beetlejuice dark ride

Also, Universal literally just proved to me they can accurately make things feel like they're moving WITH practical stuff in front of it with Bourne

I would love to see some of that tech implemented into F&F

I think it's a long way off ya'll. The only redeeming hope is if F&F doesn't move that much merch

I think it will remain closed for a while and be "seasonal" for a bit

I don’t think they can really fix it to be better, if people dislike an already “upgraded” version of the ride compared to Hollywood’s, then I think they missed there opportunity when they built it. I believe it’s the actual story/ride vehicle, Maybe if you got to get into a “race car” and maybe be apart of a heist instead of “oh the bad guy wants one of you!” I think Orlando should have gotten a completely stand alone ride and it would have been cool. Probably too expensive tho

Beetlejuice dark ride

Also, Universal literally just proved to me they can accurately make things feel like they're moving WITH practical stuff in front of it with Bourne

I would love to see some of that tech implemented into F&F

I think it's a long way off ya'll. The only redeeming hope is if F&F doesn't move that much merch

I think it will remain closed for a while and be "seasonal" for a bit

I love this idea and it ticks so many boxes for what an attraction should be.

Beetlejuice is over 30 years old and it's still just as popular, maybe even more popular now than ever. The tribute store proves that. It could sell a ton of merchandise.

If they go for a Haunted Mansion type of ride, it provides the park with something that the resort is missing and provides something different.

There has been demand for a year round haunt and this seems to be the perfect intro for people who would maybe want to explore HHN but need a taste first before committing.

Like you said, it's an easy exercise in using practical effects which the USF need and the IP lends itself so easily to an interesting story line.

It's such a shame to see one of their most popular franchises get treated the way Supercharged has been. Personally I would vote to gut the building and just put something entirely new in its place. Turn it into a show, ride, gift shop, or restaurant.

Start fresh and have F&F open as a totally new attraction in a different section of the park (Fear Factor + MIB?) to coincide with F&F 10's release, which probably comes out in 2023 at this point.

But like how? Disney's Fast Track/Springs Racer system is totally patented and owned by Disney. It's always been about racing cars and stuff, and something like that similar to Disney's Fast Track would work. Unfortunately, I don't think Universal Studios Florida has room for that even if they do have a right to make Fast Track-like system.

I don't know what anyone expected. We can day dream about replacing the ride all we want, but it's still an expensive addition that's only a few years old. It'll be around a while.

With how negative the feedback has been, closing it would be a better option than keeping it open, regardless of cost.

Reactions: UniversalRBLX
I think it’s stupid for anyone to expect that the ride system will go away or change, at most if they will insert a new film into the 360 room and maybe gut out the party scene.

I don't know what anyone expected. We can day dream about replacing the ride all we want, but it's still an expensive addition that's only a few years old. It'll be around a while.
In terms of fish to fry, F&F is at the bottom of the list

Still though, I would love for the rumored other concepts to accidentally leak so we could see them

In terms of fish to fry, F&F is at the bottom of the list

Still though, I would love for the rumored other concepts to accidentally leak so we could see them

I don't think there would be anything accidental about them leaking it.

The pressure involved in correcting this would be huge and getting public opinion before committing to a redo could be invaluable.

Reactions: RevFreako
I don't think there would be anything accidental about them leaking it.

The pressure involved in correcting this would be huge and getting public opinion before committing to a redo could be invaluable.
I do have to wonder how much that Dual Power coaster in Europe is costing

I wouldn't be shocked at a Knight Bus thing that I know has been discussed before. Not for awhile, but its light Potter and more goofy fun, bonus if it can be interactive. Have an entrance from outside King's Cross area and create some facade or dining area in the current courtyard, expand London if its not at EU. I feel it won't change and just get better screens possibly, which could be cool but idk. Swing and a miss here