The Future of Fast and Furious: Supercharged | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Fast and Furious: Supercharged

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I say no to more Potter. Move a new concept F&F ride to MIB, and turn Supercharged into a Godzilla attraction akin to Kongfrontation. Load everybody onto the bus to evac, the first few show scenes are just showcasing destruction around the city, then the climax 360 screen scene could be on the Golden Gate Bridge as Godzilla battles some other titans. It fits the San Francisco section of the park, and I think the concept would fit the current ride system much more than a ride for F&F.

Last edited:
I wonder if this is what @TheWalkingDad was referring to in the JP coaster thread. Not sure if his source was Rick or if it’s the same project.

I just found something out and I'm not sure what and where to put it. It's involving something going on at studios and I'll only say something in the park is either being rebranded or demolished altogether. It's a major attraction area currently and some permits have apparently been filed. Can't elaborate more than that. Moderater can feel free to move this to wherever they see fit.

I wonder if this is what @TheWalkingDad was referring to in the JP coaster thread. Not sure if his source was Rick or if it’s the same project.
That's part of what I saw filed as a trademark...but there's another trademark filed at the same time. It was Minions banana day. Rick wasn't the source.
Since then I honestly haven't looked at any more permits or trademark filings... been working and traveling. I have the weekend free and will do some more digging.

Last edited:
Reactions: Coolbfitz and Nico
But like how? Disney's Fast Track/Springs Racer system is totally patented and owned by Disney. It's always been about racing cars and stuff, and something like that similar to Disney's Fast Track would work. Unfortunately, I don't think Universal Studios Florida has room for that even if they do have a right to make Fast Track-like system.
Doesn’t have to be a Test Track system. And if we’re being honest, these films move more towards guns blazing action films than car driving ones with each sequel.

I think something along the lines of Gringotts/Hagrid’s would be perfect for this kind of attraction. It would still allow for strong moments of acceleration, using launch systems, while also being able to go through show scenes that feature Vin Diesel, The Rock, etc.

You could essentially follow the first half storyline of the current ride, but instead of the 360 room, you launch out into a coaster track section. Imagine if the launch went out of the hideout spot, through a “parking garage” indoor section, then your car breaks through one of the top floor garage barriers into an outdoor stretch of track that resembles *insert major city*.

I say no to more Potter. Move a new concept F&F ride to MIB, and turn Supercharged into a Godzilla attraction akin to Kongfrontation. Load everybody onto the bus to evac, the first few show scenes are just showcasing distraction around the city, then the climax 360 screen scene could be on the Golden Gate Bridge as Godzilla battles some other titans. It fits the San Francisco section of the park, and I think the concept would fit the current ride system much more than a ride for F&F.
I'm just going to say, F+F SC may change or it might go away altogether. IDK? But if they wanted to put a Ministry of magic either there or Fear Factor, I'd be okay with that. If for some reason Fear Factor stays, at least change it back to the Wild West stunt show. What's there isn't working and hasn't for a decade. Kidzone, is going... I can feel it coming. I can only hope ET is saved.

Working with what we have, I suppose you could

#1 Don't "stop" in the tunnel scene at the beginning, have the vehicle(s) move through slowly, it's honestly a great effect (Hello Mario Kart)
#2 Slowly move through the alley scene and add some new audio/practical effects (maybe a shootout ala The Great Movie Ride/s Gangster scene)
#3 Kill the dance party ("everyone hide into the warehouse"), add some practical effects, both rooms could be different to allow for re-rideability
#4 360 scene, but add 3D (don't hate me)
#5 Have a classic gag at the end with maybe some collapsing barrels or something (Oh that was close, sorry about that folks)

For narration and in order to avoid having to bring the stars back in, you could theoretically get raw sound bites from the films
Also, use the 2nd pre-show scene to get introduced to our "driver"...On a mission to deliver packages when we get caught up in the conflict
He/She would narrate throughout the ride (think Kong)

That's all I got

Reactions: redy2468
Honestly, it could be fun to go “classic” with the story, where you’re extras on a bus that’s part of a scene in the new F&F (or Hobbs and Shaw) film. The control center pre-show becomes the stunt coordinator providing us directions. The tunnel becomes a drive into the set. The musion scene becomes the filming of a fight involving whoever before our scene. The 360 scene is filming our scene. And the gap between the 360 scene and loading can be an animatronic Vin or Rock watching YOU on the playback, then turning around to complement and thank you.

It would be a bit of a throwback, but it’s a throwback that would help it standout from everything else.

Retheme it to...

John Carpenter's The Fog

And instead of simulating speed in the 360 tunnel use it like alien encounter with a lot of fog.

BTW, this is what Martin said earlier this evening about F&F over on MAGIC.

"If (a big if) it comes back it will be on borrowed time.

Has been for a while actually. It’s been a cluster."

Last edited:
Retheme it to...

John Carpenter's The Fog

And instead of simulating speed in the 360 tunnel use it like alien encounter with a lot of fog.

So if it doesn’t re-open that’s a 2 year run. Granted a pandemic is what possibly sunk it extra early, but yikes. Did that weird Hollywood Limo ride that opened at DCA last longer?

giphy.gif

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
Retheme it to...

John Carpenter's The Fog

Oh how I want to see Universal do its own version of AE.

I do think however that today's audiences might not "get" it and deride it as cheap.

Turn F&F into a Diagonal Alley expansion and remove Potter from Epic Universe and build the F&F as an overlay for the duelling coaster there.

Although having two racing rides in one park on opening would be a bold move.
Whether you put the Ministry of Magic in F+F SC is currently located or where Fear Factor is is irrelevant. Since the London front of Diagon Alley is right there it would work either way. Personally, I would put Ministry where Fear Factor is currently. They could put an all new attraction in Fast and Furious. Maybe something in keeping with the street it's on. Heck, they could put an updated version of ET there and make more room for SNW. ET has kinda felt out of place in it's current location for the last 20 years. Point is there's a lot they "could" change. The reality is that Fast and Furious was a poor choice and poorly designed. Whatever they eventually do with the area it will be thought out much more thoroughly because for the foreseeable future every penny counts more than ever. They could even put Secret life of Pets in the Fast and Furious spot.

Reactions: tielo
Whether you put the Ministry of Magic in F+F SC is currently located or where Fear Factor is is irrelevant. Since the London front of Diagon Alley is right there it would work either way. Personally, I would put Ministry where Fear Factor is currently. They could put an all new attraction in Fast and Furious. Maybe something in keeping with the street it's on. Heck, they could put an updated version of ET there and make more room for SNW. ET has kinda felt out of place in it's current location for the last 20 years. Point is there's a lot they "could" change. The reality is that Fast and Furious was a poor choice and poorly designed. Whatever they eventually do with the area it will be thought out much more thoroughly because for the foreseeable future every penny counts more than ever. They could even put Secret life of Pets in the Fast and Furious spot.

Pets..would not really work well within Fast and Furious Supercharged. Not because there wouldn't be space. In-fact, quite the opposite if it's the Hollywood version.

A realistic, expectation to me, is a Jaws 2.0 of Supercharged. One that revamps elements of the attraction, while still retaining most of the base form. One thing that I would wonder, is if they could add practical cars with musion within them, into the 360 arena. And have the cars alongside the buses. Most of the major changes that are needed, are things like a revised ending that'd add more than just a corridor. And also gutting the Party scene for something new. Honestly, if I was Universal, I'd look into a mishmash of F&F proper, and Hobbs and Shaw.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
F&F deserve a ride, a ride that is actually fast and furios, because it's a successful movie ip for Universal. But don't polish a turd because no mater what you do this ride will still be a turd.
So here is my take on what to do with the area that isn't small but also not too big. It's going to be a Spider-man clone (I know Transformers is there already) but with more real sets enhanced with 3D screens. The vehicles are themed to a 1968 Cadillac Fleetwood as we talk about the Blues Brothers. Our (deepfaked) due is on another mission from god in San Francisco to get to a concert where they play to raise money for a good cause. But they are in trouble as they got in with the wrong kind of people and now they are chased trough the city, crashing into a convenient store and spinning out of controle while getting away. Of course every traffic regulation is violated so the police gets into the mix. It will end as we arrive at the concert.
Now we can close Transformers (I hate that ride) and put Secret life of pets in there.

Reactions: DK745
Now we can close Transformers (I hate that ride) and put Secret life of pets in there.
In favor of this. But(unpopular opinion) move Transformers to Spidey/MSHI, and retheme the area like Beijing's Transformers Metro Base. Put SLoP in Transformer's building and retheme the building to match the NY facades. Of course the next options I've laid out already. Gimme dat Godzilla ride. Universal, hire me. I have plenty of time on my hands now. ;)

Pets..would not really work well within Fast and Furious Supercharged. Not because there wouldn't be space. In-fact, quite the opposite if it's the Hollywood version.

A realistic, expectation to me, is a Jaws 2.0 of Supercharged. One that revamps elements of the attraction, while still retaining most of the base form. One thing that I would wonder, is if they could add practical cars with musion within them, into the 360 arena. And have the cars alongside the buses. Most of the major changes that are needed, are things like a revised ending that'd add more than just a corridor. And also gutting the Party scene for something new. Honestly, if I was Universal, I'd look into a mishmash of F&F proper, and Hobbs and Shaw.
What I was referring to is blue sky. It would completely mean razing the entire existing attraction to the ground and not reusing anything. It's what the area needs and what the paying passholder and day guests deserve.