The Future of Fast and Furious: Supercharged | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Fast and Furious: Supercharged

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
With the state of the world, I can’t see UC taking on new projects right now. I especially don’t see that new project as a re-do of an existing ride

Yeah, I think if you want to see Nintendo you’re gonna have to go to Japan for AT LEAST five years, in Orlando’s case probably closer to ten.

Yeah, I think if you want to see Nintendo you’re gonna have to go to Japan for AT LEAST five years, in Orlando’s case probably closer to ten.
Relax.

5, sure, it won’t be a decade and if it’s a decade then these parks have been dismantled and no one is predicting that yet. I’m a doomsday type person and this is extremely hyperbolic

Reactions: Happytycho
Hope so. With Cali needlessly forcing its parks to be closed, I'm not optimistic.
Dude, stop. The parks are probably opening within a month or two. And it's not needless. There's a Global Pandemic going on and they don't want this:

This is the Future of Fast and Furious thread, however. Why has the conversation shifted so drastically? Stay on topic or don't post.

If Blackstone didn’t wait ten years to start the Potter investment, Comcast damn sure isn’t waiting ten years to do Nintendo.

Reactions: shiekra38
We're pushing 6 years though here in Orlando with no sign of anything as of right now. It only took 5.5 years from the early announcement of Pandora to opening and that was endlessly made fun of.
We’ve HAD signs. The KidZone almost closing. The EU announcement (and all the grading). Universal/Comcast have made efforts to get it up off the ground in Florida, meanwhile Nintendo is ready to open in Japan (the higher priority market) and Hollywood is still under construction. It’s not a situation where they announce and then nothing Nintendo-related happens for years.

Like, it’s going to happen. Just because we haven’t seen Yoshi in Orlando doesn’t mean it’s not going to happen. Universal never said Nintendo was coming to Orlando first, or ever gave a timeline. I just think Orlando fans expect to get the premier stuff first because it got HP first.

Reactions: Coolbfitz and Nick
We’ve HAD signs. The KidZone almost closing. The EU announcement (and all the grading). Universal/Comcast have made efforts to get it up off the ground in Florida, meanwhile Nintendo is ready to open in Japan (the higher priority market) and Hollywood is still under construction. It’s not a situation where they announce and then nothing Nintendo-related happens for years.

Like, it’s going to happen. Just because we haven’t seen Yoshi in Orlando doesn’t mean it’s not going to happen. Universal never said Nintendo was coming to Orlando first, or ever gave a timeline. I just think Orlando fans expect to get the premier stuff first because it got HP first.
Oh i'm not saying it's not. Obviously it is as it's pretty much done in Japan and underway in Hollywood. Once again though, this is not the proper thread to discuss this, however. If you guys want to continue talking about Nintendo, take it here:

Well they could open the ride as a preview thingy for upcoming movies and tv series. Disney has done that multiple times and their guests are all over it.

Well they could open the ride as a preview thingy for upcoming movies and tv series. Disney has done that multiple times and their guests are all over it.
Why there’s no Universal museum/preview center in USF is mind boggling to me. NBC Media Center doesn’t seem to draw huge crowds anyways and that’s far more time consuming. This is also easy marketing, daily, to thousands of people.

Why there’s no Universal museum/preview center in USF is mind boggling to me. NBC Media Center doesn’t seem to draw huge crowds anyways and that’s far more time consuming. This is also easy marketing, daily, to thousands of people.
The NBC Media Center isn’t there to “draw crowds”, it’s for Universal to take a small, select group in and be paid to watch a pilot of a show or something and give their feedback.

The NBC Media Center isn’t there to “draw crowds”, it’s for Universal to take a small, select group in and be paid to watch a pilot of a show or something and give their feedback.
No I know what’s it for I guess I didn’t context it correctly. I’m just surprised there isn’t some sort of preview center a la what Disney often has. I don’t often say Universal needs to take a page from their book, but this is a little thing they could do in the NY/30 Rock section to add a bit more life down there

Guys... I tried earlier and I made the mistake of replying about the Media Center, but either stay on topic or don’t post. It’s not hard.

Reactions: Legacy
When do we think this will reopen? Next summer?

I'm not saying I miss it, but it does have an effect on the overall park capacity