Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Future of Fast and Furious: Supercharged

I think everyone is right about the Bourne CGI just being all around better

Plus a new screen

Just reshoot/redesign the ride starring The Rock

CGI wise, I don’t think there is a single thing that can be salvaged.

As much as I have hated on Kong in the past, the CGI and screen technology is fantastic. Driving into the main screen is breathtaking with how real the depth of colour is.

As much as I have hated on Kong in the past, the CGI and screen technology is fantastic. Driving into the main screen is breathtaking with how real the depth of colour is.
Yes, Kong has really grown on me...I do wish the would have cut the chase sequence to add more theming and depth to the 360 scene

But I really enjoy Kong now

I was just saying that the screen for Bourne was like nothing I've seen in a park before

Yes, Kong has really grown on me...I do wish the would have cut the chase sequence to add more theming and depth to the 360 scene

But I really enjoy Kong now

I was just saying that the screen for Bourne was like nothing I've seen in a park before
Hard to believe two attractions, whose rides are pretty much the same, can have two such drastic outcomes. I've loved Kong since day one. Great re rideability also, but the outdoor portion is crucial in transforming it from a good ride into a very good ride. The outdoors section is a great set up for what's beyond, and yes the CGI is awesome with many re rides needed to see everything that goes on.GP must like Kong since it has pretty long lines after an hour or so of park opening, on a consistent basis. Just amazing how bad F&F is though.

Hard to believe two attractions, whose rides are pretty much the same, can have two such drastic outcomes. I've loved Kong since day one. Great re rideability also, but the outdoor portion is crucial in transforming it from a good ride into a very good ride. The outdoors section is a great set up for what's beyond, and yes the CGI is awesome with many re rides needed to see everything that goes on.GP must like Kong since it has pretty long lines after an hour or so of park opening, on a consistent basis. Just amazing how bad F&F is though.
Ya, this. When Kong was announced and built I was disappointed with how much screen seemed
to be happening, as that felt like the height of the screenz dayz.

But, I freaking loved the ride. They just nailed the tech and as you mentioned, the outdoor portion, and seeing Kong himself at the end is DOPE and adds a ton to the experience. The score here too, kills.

Fast and Furious just did not deliver on anything, it is a striking difference.

I know Kong uses High Frame Rate that helps to sell the illusion as well as 3D. I'm not sure F&F does.

As many have stated on here before, the difference in CGI is like comparing the VFX between a Hollywood blockbuster and a low budget video game. As we've seen with Bourne at the high end and even something like Fallon in the mid tier, Universal is plenty capable of creating great looking screen material. They just failed epicly with every aspect of this attraction.

Don't quote me, but I have heard they intentionally went for a GTA look thinking that it would appeal to the male oriented F&F demo. Same for the scantily clad ladies in the party scene.
I must admit the scantily clad ladies are the best thing the ride has to offer but they are in high-res unlike the rest of the game mode experience. On the other hand the current (and very bad) game has the same poor graphics.
1600086536079.png
1600086585795.png

Food for thought--could it of been more on a creative level by the execs of the franchise--as opposed to UC?

It wouldn't be shocking if it was UC that was the ones who screwed the pooch--because of GASOLINA in Hollywood being a thing that existed. But I'd have to wonder if this was more on the part of the producers of the series--looking at ways to make it..more accurate. Which--I'm keeping in mind the fact that it had to of been developed for Hollywood first.

I'm just curious what you guys think; hypothetically Universal decides they just want to move on from this Fast and Furious mess and decide not to build a new attraction based on the franchise; assuming Universal keeps the San Francisco theme of the area, what IP/ride would you like to see in this spot.

I'm just curious what you guys think; hypothetically Universal decides they just want to move on from this Fast and Furious mess and decide not to build a new attraction based on the franchise; assuming Universal keeps the San Francisco theme of the area, what IP/ride would you like to see in this spot.

I would assume they'd actually stay with the F&F IP. The showbuilding is large enough to where if they gut the interior containing the ride itself alongside the load and second preshow, that they'd still have a lot of room to do something.

The Busbar system used in Mario Kart could work well--especially if it's a proper take of F&F in San Francisco.

I would assume they'd actually stay with the F&F IP. The showbuilding is large enough to where if they gut the interior containing the ride itself alongside the load and second preshow, that they'd still have a lot of room to do something.

The Busbar system used in Mario Kart could work well--especially if it's a proper take of F&F in San Francisco.
Universal sticking with F&F is probably the most likely scenario.

Personally, in a total blue sky scenario— where Coivd didn’t wreak havoc on the parks and Universal wouldn’t mind totally demolishing F&F Supercharged, I would love to see this:

Completely level F&F— use Dynamic Attractions Dual Powered Coaster model. They’re building the first one in Genting SkyWorlds (out in Malaysia) and it looks awesome. It appears this model can make sharp turns and looks very compact. They could even design it like Radiator Springs Racers out in DCA, where towards the end of the ride the track splits and you race. If Universal could design something even remotely like this, with some outdoor and indoor elements… I would be amazed.
genting-skyworlds-fox-world-malaysia-85771100..jpeg