Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Future of Fast and Furious: Supercharged

Seriously, this is the most "corporate U.S.A" idea I ever heard. I love it.

I think the idea makes sense, because if they are considering tearing down a practically brand new ride, they are going to do it based on a sure-fire heavy hitter to displace the money lost on what would essentially be two projects. Another potter based attraction makes sense to gamble on replacing an obvious dud, and with a refreshing of the area, they invite the prospects of new F&M opportunities, etc, combined with the draw of "potter". Lightning will continue to strike, and people who have visited UO just for Potter will return for more. It also gives them the opportunity to exploit another popular international franchise simultaneously by fixing a serious error in judgement, and now they also have the data in place to see what type of experience consumers expect for that experience. They can knock it out the park, and they can begin revitalization of a neglected area of the park, even if it means closing one of their more popular attractions.

Not to mention, GP already refers to WWOHP and UO as a whole as "Harry Potter World". Though, I think for sure, after this addition, US has more than enough potter... With one caveat. If they have the balls, get rid of FFL too and do that ministry of magic thing back there. If they fear needing a large theater, earmark the animal actors stage for a revamp. That needs a new show, and Kidzone needs something to bring them up to the level of park operations, park standing and pedigree they are courting.

Seriously, this is the most "corporate U.S.A" idea I ever heard. I love it.

I think the idea makes sense, because if they are considering tearing down a practically brand new ride, they are going to do it based on a sure-fire heavy hitter to displace the money lost on what would essentially be two projects. Another potter based attraction makes sense to gamble on replacing an obvious dud, and with a refreshing of the area, they invite the prospects of new F&M opportunities, etc, combined with the draw of "potter". Lightning will continue to strike, and people who have visited UO just for Potter will return for more. It also gives them the opportunity to exploit another popular international franchise simultaneously by fixing a serious error in judgement, and now they also have the data in place to see what type of experience consumers expect for that experience. They can knock it out the park, and they can begin revitalization of a neglected area of the park, even if it means closing one of their more popular attractions.

Not to mention, GP already refers to WWOHP and UO as a whole as "Harry Potter World". Though, I think for sure, after this addition, US has more than enough potter... With one caveat. If they have the balls, get rid of FFL too and do that ministry of magic thing back there. If they fear needing a large theater, earmark the animal actors stage for a revamp. That needs a new show, and Kidzone needs something to bring them up to the level of park operations, park standing and pedigree they are courting.
Not fixing anything and letting it fall apart would be the corporate USA method haha

Not fixing anything and letting it fall apart would be the corporate USA method haha

Well, there's entities making pushes to expand their dominance and rule the seas, and those who want to plug leaks in their ships, until they have to seriously consider pulling into a drydock for major repairs. I like to think of comcast with regards to the parks as the former.

One of my main issues with modern UC is the way they respond to "modify this Tram Tour attraction into a standalone attraction for the other resorts" these days. Before, we got Jaws and Kongfrontation (and I feel like I am forgetting one or two others) as amped up versions of their tram tour experience. Now, UC makes derivatives of the Tram Tour effectively keep the same ride vehicle (bus/truck) with a very similar experience. Kong teetered towards that level of laziness (but the outdoor and finale fixed it) but F & F fell into that trap completely.

One of my main issues with modern UC is the way they respond to "modify this Tram Tour attraction into a standalone attraction for the other resorts" these days. Before, we got Jaws and Kongfrontation (and I feel like I am forgetting one or two others) as amped up versions of their tram tour experience. Now, UC makes derivatives of the Tram Tour effectively keep the same ride vehicle (bus/truck) with a very similar experience. Kong teetered towards that level of laziness (but the outdoor and finale fixed it) but F & F fell into that trap completely.

For all intents, Skull Island for IOA, is a significant plussing of the original Tram experience, that expands it and allows it to be a standalone experience.

Supercharged? Outside of the queue and the initial two scenes before the Rave, it's a carbon-copy experience with only two buses as opposed to the full on tram cars.

__

What makes things curious, is that for in a sense..everyone and Universal has seen the after-effects of Supercharged. And the rumors of it meeting a quicker fate is..not new. And even if it does leave, the only things that would be a constant is the ride building, the guided layout, and the 360 experience. I don't think they'd start from scratch, and albeit do a "Supercharged" version of how Earthquake was changed into Disaster. If only with a different IP, theme, and setting.

I've heard rumors that UC had a coaster attraction in mind for F&F, but were told by Comcast executives to fit a version of Supercharged into USF as a cost cutting measure.
I think it was a rush job to coincide with the release of F&F 6

I do know there was another plan floating around, and I would LOVE to see what the other concept is

There was a rumored F&F concept for the Universal Russia project as well, not sure if they're one in the same

Earthquake is the other attraction you're thinking of. It isn't UC's fault. They're given a directive by Comcast's executives. Even if they had a better plan in mind, a higher up within the company squashed it in favor of a cheaper attraction that they already had elements of. Luckily, it backfired and here we are discussing changes and the potential for a new F&F attraction.

While they could easily make the mistake again, hopefully now with a new world class theme park opening up Comcast realizes mistakes like this are sorta unacceptable in this day and age of theme parks. When we’re getting stuff like Hogsmeade, Diagon, Batuu, Pandora, Shanghai Pirates, Hagrid’s, rush jobs are going to be much easier to suss out (Supercharged and TSL are my biggest examples). Theme park fans have been spoiled and cutting corners blatantly just isn’t going to work anymore I feel for either Disney or Universal with all the competition that’s building.

Earthquake is the other attraction you're thinking of. It isn't UC's fault. They're given a directive by Comcast's executives. Even if they had a better plan in mind, a higher up within the company squashed it in favor of a cheaper attraction that they already had elements of. Luckily, it backfired and here we are discussing changes and the potential for a new F&F attraction.
I hate to say it, but Supercharged wasn't the cheap option.

Obviously revisionist history in some ways (although Comcast had an idea what their future was), but I just wish they did this from the beginning. Either taken out MIB or just utilized the space they have right now. Expand into that Courtyard a bit more and take more queue space and have just 1 big pre show before the ride. Then expand London with the potential Ford Anglia ride and normal London with dining options and what not.

Then of course, keep Fantastic Beasts at EU. I think it just makes the resort more diverse as a whole entity if it’s there I just do. Then you can still have a Ministry ride(albeit French Ministry) and save the other Potter ride for USF, so all is not lost. Hopefully somewhere in the MIB plot/Simpsons area or to the left of Krustyland they can finally bring Waterworld over too. Would help revamp the backside of the park then of course let’s see if they do Pokémon.

Idk never great to play catch-up or just flat out re-do things. It’s not unprecedented but it still shows what a major disappointment this as well especially since it was post Diagon Alley.

So what would this F&F ride to replace MIB be?

Also, how expensive would it be to re-dress the SF front?

Last edited:
Recently Rix Flix on YouTube and, as he states, a few other sources he knows have heard rumblings of Fast & Furious: Supercharged getting a revamp. Whether that be a new ride video and longer sequence, new concept of ride entirely including new queue and preshows or a complete gutting of infrastructure with an entirely new F&F concept inside, how much of this is actually seen as plausible and realistic over wishful thinking?

I can’t see with their current revenue and budget that an entire gutting and new ride system be installed but will a new ride video/scrapped party bus concept with a few extra minutes added on really be enough to save this ride? From what I’ve seen, the biggest complaint is that for a franchise of this caliber known for explosions and chaos and outrageous stunts, that the ride captured none of it and is not fast and made people furious.

I’m all for more Rock like Rix Flix mentioned and I think it’d be pretty funny the coincidence that the Rock will have had three different attractions in the same location with Disaster, F&F: S and whatever this new one rumored will be. I just don’t know how much the overall complaints will change because I think the issues come from people not liking the particular ride system with this franchise because they don’t work together at all rather than the actual ride system itself. So by keeping it the same but just a different storyline, will you think it’ll save the day?

This reminds me a lot of Jaws and it’s early days but they made the proper call of completely closing down and revamping the entire concept from switching out entire scenes to re-engineering the physical ride system and that’s the only way I can see this ride being significantly elevated. A complete redo with an entirely new concept that represents one of Universals most financially successful franchises best. My vote is an indoor racing coaster but not sure how large the actual building is (I don’t think it could fit two intertwining tracks honestly). Share your thoughts on the validity of this rumor, your thoughts on the revamp and how you’ll feel if this actually comes true???