The Future of Fast and Furious: Supercharged | Page 33 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Fast and Furious: Supercharged

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
When it comes to a replacement, there's really only two types of rides which would fit the IP and provide the thrills befitting for it. A Coaster, or a Slot Car attraction.

If they're intending on keeping an attraction in that building, my gut feeling says it would be a coaster. Since you can certainly shoehorn a coaster in there, it wouldn't be the first nor last time any place has done that. And in all honesty, I wouldn't mind having a coaster with bigger thrills than Mummy...yet isn't so Jekal and Hyde like HRRR.

As for a slot car attraction, that would require a completely different location since that type of ride requires a substantial amount of space, especially if you want any high-speed/racing segment.

When it comes to a replacement, there's really only two types of rides which would fit the IP and provide the thrills befitting for it. A Coaster, or a Slot Car attraction.

If they're intending on keeping an attraction in that building, my gut feeling says it would be a coaster. Since you can certainly shoehorn a coaster in there, it wouldn't be the first nor last time any place has done that. And in all honesty, I wouldn't mind having a coaster with bigger thrills than Mummy...yet isn't so Jekal and Hyde like HRRR.

As for a slot car attraction, that would require a completely different location since that type of ride requires a substantial amount of space, especially if you want any high-speed/racing segment.
A coaster is the best bet in this case. Wonder how they do the story for a new F&F coaster though.

I have no problem with the existing exposed metal coasters and think Veloci was a great addition, but Uni needs to be very careful that the coasters don’t come to dominate the parks. The existing parks and EU are, as far as I’m concerned, coastered up sufficiently (I think the Monsters coaster was actually a step too far, but whatever). At some point, coasters begin to feel like lazy, unimaginative additions - I think Disney has reached that point with Tron.

Of course, if Uni wants to remove Rip and build something Minion-y (although I don’t know how much space would be freed up) to balance the addition of a FF coaster, that would work.

Wait, people really complain about Universal parks having too many coasters? They have 3 and 4 (5 if you wanna get technical and count Pteranodon Flyers), respectively. My local park has over 10.

Give me more coasters, especially if it's tied into F&F.

Reactions: UniversalRBLX
Maybe it's because Uni has a habit of launching onto the same ride concept until it becomes too dominate in their parks. Perhaps Uni needs to adopt the old adage,' variety is the spice of life', so their parks don't become unbalanced.....There's already way too many regional parks that are really only coaster parks, mostly for a limited teen, early twenties demographic.

Last edited:
Re: Universal's recent and upcoming coaster offerings, I think the issue is slightly more nuanced than simply a "too many coasters" complaint. To me, I'd just like to see a little more variety in terms of approach (i.e. something that's not a launched outdoor coaster) and/or a larger scope (i.e. Universal's version of a Big Thunder or an Everest).

But bringing this back to Supercharged, I will basically take almost anything as a replacement at this point (as that's how bad an attraction I think it currently is), so if Universal wanted to drop another high-thrill, lightly-themed coaster there, go for it (as at least that would accomplish one of my primary goals for USF, which is to start rebalancing the overall lineup away from simulator stuff).

I would prefer something else, obviously, but I'd take getting rid of Supercharged as the victory.

Last edited:
I still think the solution is:

Replace MiB with F&F: Tokyo Drift.
Replace Mummy with Ghostbusters shooter dark-ride.
Convert Simpsons in Pokémon, essentially making that corner “Japan.”

Really don’t think all that happens though.
If MIB goes, the best solution would be to combine that plot of land with the defunct FFL stage for a large scale dark ride with an IP that preserves the World Expo theme so the land behind MIB and Simpsons can be expanded with a new land down the line. I still think Pokemon replacing Simpsons is the most likely think you have listed.

I don’t think it’s fair to lump the whole resort in as an excuse to not add coasters to USF. They are pushing themselves as one big experience, but it’s still it’s own park and not everyone that visits will have time for all the parks.

USF lacks variety in its attractions, the park is full of simulators and dark rides with some using elements of both. The park offers little in the thrills department, HRRR is very mediocre at best for a big steel outside coaster and Mummy is great but offers medium thrills at best. Just because IOA and EU can offer more thrills doesnt mean Universal should give up on any thrills at USF. Having a fun and fast coaster themed to F&F would be a nice addition and help round out the lineup of attractions while getting rid of the worst ride in Universal Studios history at a price that wont break the bank. It should be an easy W for everyone involved.

If MIB goes, the best solution would be to combine that plot of land with the defunct FFL stage for a large scale dark ride with an IP that preserves the World Expo theme so the land behind MIB and Simpsons can be expanded with a new land down the line. I still think Pokemon replacing Simpsons is the most likely think you have listed.
Why keep the World Expo theme when you’re getting rid of the IP that is the only “World Expo” thing in the park (that was always kinda thrown together anyway)? Just retheme based on the new IP. And my recommendation puts new large-scale dark rides in both New York AND Pokémon. At which point, a thrill-heavy attraction like an indoor launch coaster is helpful. Pokémon is most heavily associated with Japan. F&F Tokyo Drift is movie set in Japan. They fit together.

Plus, do whatever in San Francisco. Personally, I think the building has less workable ride space than people think. In sacrificing the FF plot for the MiB replacement, I’d put a Broadway-style (a la Hyperion) theater in the location.

I know it's not technically the same thing, but there is already a spinning indoor coaster directly next door to Supercharged in this park.
Yeah I almost said "in the style of Gringotts" but I figured I'd say Guardians since it's more coaster and less dark ride lol

Reactions: Coolbfitz
I'd think a hypothetical indoor F&F coaster's proximity to Revenge of the Mummy would be more of a hurdle than proximity to Gringotts (which is barely a coaster), but I don't think that should be a reason to not do it, in either case.

But my preferred choice would still be to put Universal's Great Movie Ride there, and then do something for F&F as a replacement for HRRR.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Wait, people really complain about Universal parks having too many coasters? They have 3 and 4 (5 if you wanna get technical and count Pteranodon Flyers), respectively. My local park has over 10.

Give me more coasters, especially if it's tied into F&F.

When IOA opened it was how Disney fans criticized the park. Basically that one talking point then stuck around as they build Mummy and HRRR. That went away with Potter and the next version of it was “SCREENS!” after Transformers opened in 14 months. “Well of course Pandora is taking longer it’s not just screens”.