The Future of Fast and Furious: Supercharged | Page 35 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Fast and Furious: Supercharged

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It's really a shame that SLoP didn't happen and went for Villain Con instead. USF could've really used that ride. That would've been the one ride to bring balance to the force. Too many simulators? Too many roller coasters? Here's a simple AA-heavy dark ride.

What I would really like to see done here is a modification of what Legacy suggested:

1. Keep Mummy. Sorry but that's my favorite ride at USF. No touchie!
2. Ghostbusters dark ride where the parking lot is next to the sound stages. They'll lose extended queue space for HHN but they don't seem to act like they care about that kinda stuff. I love the idea of a Universal GMR in Supercharged's space! Love it!
3. With GB being the spiritual successor to MIB, MIB can go and you can raze Fear Factor and MIB for a Tokyo area. Put a F&F Tokyo Drift thrill ride (Coaster?) and a Pokemon dark ride in this spot. Dark ride could be SLoP but on a grander scale.
4. Keep Springfield and have a MMRR-style Simpsons Ride replace the current Simpsons Ride. Clone it for Holywood.
Mummy is likely here for the long haul at USF due to the large refurbishment in got in 2022. As for Pokemon, it will be interesting to see what type of ride system they go with. Most seem to be of the though it will be a snap safari omnimover which would basically SLOP but interactive. Though I also think something like TSMM or Webslingers could work depending on the execution. I am with legacy and think Pokemon should replace Simpsons. Universal appears to be moving away from in licensed IP (sans Potter) from rival movie studios and I doubt most people are clamoring for a new Simpsons Ride. Time for something fresh. A proper successor to supercharged would be ideal for the MIB plot and you could also take out FFL to make an even larger coaster. And you keep the stretch of land MIB and FFL are basically themed enough theme wise to allow for a transition to a hypothetical massive new expansion to happen in the plot of land wedged in between Simpsons and MIB.
I wouldn’t be surprised if this happens honestly.
That is a massive plot of land ripe for a large scale dark ride particularly a family one. This could be USF's take on MMRR depending on what IP they go with. Maybe the area will get rethemed to allow for something for greater diversity of the IPs they could put there. While this is wishful thinking (for now at least) I am hoping something Shrek comes back to USO and this could be an option for where to put it. That IP has so much potential for theme parks and if Shrek 5 and the Donkey spinoff are hits like Last Wish, I could see them considering bring Shrek back to the parks in some form.

Reactions: MatheusPG
Mummy is likely here for the long haul at USF due to the large refurbishment in got in 2022. As for Pokemon, it will be interesting to see what type of ride system they go with. Most seem to be of the though it will be a snap safari omnimover which would basically SLOP but interactive. Though I also think something like TSMM or Webslingers could work depending on the execution. I am with legacy and think Pokemon should replace Simpsons. Universal appears to be moving away from in licensed IP (sans Potter) from rival movie studios and I doubt most people are clamoring for a new Simpsons Ride. Time for something fresh. A proper successor to supercharged would be ideal for the MIB plot and you could also take out FFL to make an even larger coaster. And you keep the stretch of land MIB and FFL are basically themed enough theme wise to allow for a transition to a hypothetical massive new expansion to happen in the plot of land wedged in between Simpsons and MIB.

That is a massive plot of land ripe for a large scale dark ride particularly a family one. This could be USF's take on MMRR depending on what IP they go with. Maybe the area will get rethemed to allow for something for greater diversity of the IPs they could put there. While this is wishful thinking (for now at least) I am hoping something Shrek comes back to USO and this could be an option for where to put it. That IP has so much potential for theme parks and if Shrek 5 and the Donkey spinoff are hits like Last Wish, I could see them considering bring Shrek back to the parks in some form.
You keep bringing up the same points over and over and over, flooding different threads with it. This is your last warning.

F&F had its chance. It flopped. F&F is cursed. F&F fans won't be fully satisfied with anything other than a Test Track type attraction. That won't happen, for a number of reasons. Time to go with some other IP.

Made a joke to my friend that Dreamworks and Netflix will buy onto The Toretto's show as a kids animated cars show and F&F ends up in KidZone. Because that would be the most hilarious way for this to happen.

• Haha
Reactions: Mad Dog
Made a joke to my friend that Dreamworks and Netflix will buy onto The Toretto's show as a kids animated cars show and F&F ends up in KidZone. Because that would be the most hilarious way for this to happen.
and use the same cg creator team that did the present attraction film. That's kind of a young kids/toddlers level interest and quality.;) :lol:

Are you talking about Fast & Furious: Spy Racers, then? 52 episodes of kid-centric F&F that already exists for them to exploit.

• Wow
Reactions: Parkscope Joe
Are you talking about Fast & Furious: Spy Racers, then? 52 episodes of kid-centric F&F that already exists for them to exploit.
I thought this was a meme so I looked it up. Nope, it's a real Netflix show. With Tyler Posey, no less. I have no clue how I missed this and I sort of want to watch it.

Reactions: highdefrex
I'm fairly certain there was a period on these very boards when out insiders told us that management was aware UOR had too many screens, it was a major (if not THE major) complaint on guest surveys, and it was one of management's top priorities to correct this. Since then... Universal has added more screens (and, to be fair, Hagrid's, which is great).

Also, UOR hasn't opened a family-friendly AA dark ride for 23 years. They added a thrill coaster 2 years ago.

Again, just trying to make it about the whole resort to underplay the need for thrills at USF just isn’t a fair point IMO. Unless Universal makes tickets for all three parks instead of individual gates, what each park has to offer is important. Not everyone visiting will have the time or money to spend at all three parks.

If anything, USF could use the thrill coaster and IOA could use the dark ride.

Last edited:
Again, just trying to make it about the whole resort to underplay the need for thrills at USF just isn’t a fair point IMO. Unless Universal makes tickets for all three parks instead of individual gates, what each park has to offer is important. Not everyone visiting will have the time or money to spend at all three parks.

If anything, USF could use the thrill coaster and IOA could use the dark ride.
I think it’s absolutely fair to consider IoA and US as one park - the Potter lands and Hogwarts Express make it clear Uni WANTS us to think of it that way.

I don’t really think that the Uni parks NEED thrill coasters. I don’t agree with the Disney fans who condemn the naked steel of Hulk or Veloci - that works fine in small doses. But for a first rate THEME park like Uni, those aren’t your bread and butter - if Uni is going to compete with Six Flags or Sea World on thrill coasters, they’ll lose. What they need are THEMED coasters. If Uni wants to build one of those for FF, great! But I’d rather have the current silly ride then a mass of metal in the middle of the park.

I think it’s absolutely fair to consider IoA and US as one park - the Potter lands and Hogwarts Express make it clear Uni WANTS us to think of it that way.

I don’t really think that the Uni parks NEED thrill coasters. I don’t agree with the Disney fans who condemn the naked steel of Hulk or Veloci - that works fine in small doses. But for a first rate THEME park like Uni, those aren’t your bread and butter - if Uni is going to compete with Six Flags or Sea World on thrill coasters, they’ll lose. What they need are THEMED coasters. If Uni wants to build one of those for FF, great! But I’d rather have the current silly ride then a mass of metal in the middle of the park.

Universal parks don’t NEED slow moving dark rides that have guests focusing on clunky animatronics either. The executives up top seem to be more in agreement of that since they keep building top shelf coasters instead of putting Fantasyland rides all over.

The ideal theme park has a balanced lineup of attractions. Problem is, USF has a horrible balance of attractions. There’s one thrill ride that thrillsters don’t find all that thrilling, four straight up simulators and FIVE dark rides with varying technology. Plus now we are getting *checks notes*…a moving walkway? I just don’t get how the answer to this park is more dark rides and less thrills. I’m not suggesting they turn the park into Cedar Point, just that they replace the worst ride they’ve ever made with something that has some level of thrill higher than Mummy. They don’t need another Velocicoaster or anything either. Plus they can still do a dark ride, like I said I think IOA could actually use it more since the park has a lot of outside/thrilling attractions.

Build a Zelda dark ride in LC and build a fun coaster on the grave of Supercharged and it should be a huge win for everyone.

I also heavily disagree that Universal will lose to SeaWorld and Six Flags when it comes to thrill coasters. Most Six Flags parks are lucky to get a new bench with fresh paint, let alone a new coaster. SeaWorld is doing great work lately (love Pipeline), but I think VC tops anything they’ve done and the EU dueling coaster has a chance to do the same.

Universal parks don’t NEED slow moving dark rides that have guests focusing on clunky animatronics either. The executives up top seem to be more in agreement of that since they keep building top shelf coasters instead of putting Fantasyland rides all over.

The ideal theme park has a balanced lineup of attractions. Problem is, USF has a horrible balance of attractions. There’s one thrill ride that thrillsters don’t find all that thrilling, four straight up simulators and FIVE dark rides with varying technology. Plus now we are getting *checks notes*…a moving walkway? I just don’t get how the answer to this park is more dark rides and less thrills. I’m not suggesting they turn the park into Cedar Point, just that they replace the worst ride they’ve ever made with something that has some level of thrill higher than Mummy. They don’t need another Velocicoaster or anything either. Plus they can still do a dark ride, like I said I think IOA could actually use it more since the park has a lot of outside/thrilling attractions.

Build a Zelda dark ride in LC and build a fun coaster on the grave of Supercharged and it should be a huge win for everyone.

I also heavily disagree that Universal will lose to SeaWorld and Six Flags when it comes to thrill coasters. Most Six Flags parks are lucky to get a new bench with fresh paint, let alone a new coaster. SeaWorld is doing great work lately (love Pipeline), but I think VC tops anything they’ve done and the EU dueling coaster has a chance to do the same.
Youre-both-dumb GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Haha
Reactions: Jake S and belloq87

I say this with deep regret, but the "thrill coaster" Rip Ride Rockit is 100% adored by the majority of park guests. Fans/Coaster nerds don't, mostly because its the "cool thing" to hate, but people love it.

When people mention dark rides, I think all we're asking for is something fun, scenic, and not thrilling - something everyone can ride without worrying about getting motion sickness. There's only 1 at USF and it's not in great shape.

I say this with deep regret, but the "thrill coaster" Rip Ride Rockit is 100% adored by the majority of park guests. Fans/Coaster nerds don't, mostly because its the "cool thing" to hate, but people love it.

When people mention dark rides, I think all we're asking for is something fun, scenic, and not thrilling - something everyone can ride without worrying about getting motion sickness. There's only 1 at USF and it's not in great shape.
Yes. There's often a great divide over what the General Public likes, and what a generally very youthful (teens and 20 somethings) male demographic coaster oriented internet fan community desires in a park. Not every attraction needs to be a high thrill, fancy pants, new gen, highest tech, coaster.....Even on IU, there's not many female, or over 40/50/60 forum commentators.

Last edited:

Honestly, the biggest negative of the fantastic looking EU is that, in terms of family friendly dark rides, it’s opening day roster will boast only Yoshi, which is about a fourth of a full AA dark ride.

I know the reply will be that the family-friendly dark ride audience isn’t the one Uni wants, but that’s a staggeringly silly statement. This is a resort that shot to success on the back of Harry Potter, that features huge Minion and Seuss and Mario and HttyD lands. It’s a resort that wants and NEEDS every market segment. Once, the idea that Uni was the teen alternative made sense - in the early days, the crowd you'd see at the park was teen-heavy. Today, however, the makeup of the crowd is very similar to that over at the mouse house (if a little more British). The “teen park” thing is a remnant and often feels defensive - yeah, I’m into theme parks, but just big boy ones. Universals lack of family-friendly AA dark rides, the bedrock foundation of high end theme parks, is a glaring oversight.

The general public likes HRRR because it’s not very thrilling despite looking like it is. It’s a good “my first coaster” type. Which just again shows why USF needs another thrill ride in the park.

These slow moving scenic dark rides are not as popular with people as some as you think. If they were, Universal would be building them. There’s a place for them, yes, but they are absolute money pits and they don’t draw huge crowds without a massive IP (more money) or with a unique tech to it (even more money, and plenty of ride malfunctions on top). That’s why Universal transitioned into screenz to begin with.

Also we can’t just discount all these dark rides in the park because they don’t fit your personal idea of what a dark ride should be. I will give you Mummy since it has light thrills and too scary for young children. However, the other four are all family friendly and fun. The fact that USF has FIVE different dark rides with varying thrills, technology and theming just shows that yet another dark ride is not what that park needs most. IOA needs that dark ride and considering all the Zelda rumors, they probably are getting the next dark ride Universal builds at UOR.

Why are people treating this like it’s the Highlander and there can only be one? Universal is capable of giving us another thrill ride at the park while also developing family friendly rides. Nobody wants Universal to turn into Six Flags, but I don’t want USF to turn into Fantasyland either.

On a last note, I feel like I’m starting to repeat the same points over and over on this topic so I will leave the discussion on this unless there is some actual news to discuss on Supercharged being replaced. Which I pray to theme park gods happens any day now.

Last edited:
Honestly, the biggest negative of the fantastic looking EU is that, in terms of family friendly dark rides, it’s opening day roster will boast only Yoshi, which is about a fourth of a full AA dark ride.

I know the reply will be that the family-friendly dark ride audience isn’t the one Uni wants, but that’s a staggeringly silly statement. This is a resort that shot to success on the back of Harry Potter, that features huge Minion and Seuss and Mario and HttyD lands. It’s a resort that wants and NEEDS every market segment. Once, the idea that Uni was the teen alternative made sense - in the early days, the crowd you'd see at the park was teen-heavy. Today, however, the makeup of the crowd is very similar to that over at the mouse house (if a little more British). The “teen park” thing is a remnant and often feels defensive - yeah, I’m into theme parks, but just big boy ones. Universals lack of family-friendly AA dark rides, the bedrock foundation of high end theme parks, is a glaring oversight.

Agree - The biggest gripe I have against EU is the lack of a major family-friendly dark ride experience. For the past few years I've posted about how Universal is severely (until recently) lacking in the family-friendly arena.

The general public likes HRRR because it’s not very thrilling despite looking like it is. It’s a good “my first coaster” type. Which just again shows why USF needs another thrill ride in the park.

These slow moving scenic dark rides are not as popular with people as some as you think. If they were, Universal would be building them. There’s a place for them, yes, but they are absolute money pits and they don’t draw huge crowds without a massive IP (more money) or with a unique tech to it (even more money, and plenty of ride malfunctions on top). That’s why Universal transitioned into screenz to begin with.

Also we can’t just discount all these dark rides in the park because they don’t fit your personal idea of what a dark ride should be. I will give you Mummy since it has light thrills and too scary for young children. However, the other four are all family friendly and fun. The fact that USF has FIVE different dark rides with varying thrills, technology and theming just shows that yet another dark ride is not what that park needs most. IOA needs that dark ride and considering all the Zelda rumors, they probably are getting the next dark ride Universal builds at UOR.

Why are people treating this like it’s the Highlander and there can only be one? Universal is capable of giving us another thrill ride at the park while also developing family friendly rides. Nobody wants Universal to turn into Six Flags, but I don’t want USF to turn into Fantasyland either.

On a last note, I feel like I’m starting to repeat the same points over and over on this topic so I will leave the discussion on this unless there is some actual news to discuss on Supercharged being replaced.

Disney just opened a variety of dark rides at Epcot/DHS to great success, so there's obviously demand out there. I'm not debating the use of screens, the problem is how they are being utilized. You can't have all your rides use the same tricks for each of them. Na'Vi River blends screens into the environment at a great result. Not asking for an animatronic-only dark ride, but there's definitely room for stuff like SLOP at the Universal parks that can mix practical and screen/projection tech.

Different markets.

Yes, but I don't think that should prevent Universal from developing new attractions tailored to these demographics. They obviously are interested in that market with the Frisco park and Kidzone/Minions projects.

I never understood why Universal can't become a destination for all guests, no matter their age. It's a silly argument to suggest that Universal has to stick to solely the teen/young adult range.