Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

Aug 5, 2009
Chattanooga, TN
It has already been shoved out of the spotlight and downsized thanks to Potter. How much longer is it going to last?!
The Lost Continent is the only land in the park that doesn't have a huge trademark. Sure, it was lovely. But the "new" Lost Continent is not much to be proud of.

My grim question to you all is simple: When, if, and what do you think is going to happen to this themed area in the future?

Last edited:
Seems to me it'll simply be "Jurassic Park" now, since Dragons and Unicorn were inherited by Potter. I wouldn't be surprised to see the name Lost Continent disappear.

Unless..... How about a Skull Island (from King Kong) expansion? Bring back Kong!!!!

I like the kong idea but the newest remake (likely what they would base it on) has dinosaurs like JP. I like the Idea but for most guests kong and JP would seem really similar.

Well they dont necessarily have to use the dinosaurs, but yeah I see what you're saying. I honestly think they should just stick with the theme and re-do Poseidon.

I imagine it might be replaced in about 10 years...

How about a Nickelodeon island? Eh? There would be enough room, considering that the new Lost Continent is still bigger than Suess Landing.

How about a Nickelodeon island? Eh? There would be enough room, considering that the new Lost Continent is still bigger than Suess Landing.

I'd be all an all for a Nick island, but then again what would replace Possession's Fury, and how exactly would they deconstruct all that architecture around Mythos? At this point, its not completely fathomable, but an awesome idea.

It has already been shoved out of the spotlight and downsized thanks to Potter. How much longer is it going to last?!
The Lost Continent is the only land in the park that doesn't have a huge trademark. Sure, it was lovely. But the "new" Lost Continent is much to be proud of.

My grim question to you all is simple: When, if, and what do you think is going to happen to this themed area in the future?

Nothing major is going to happen in the next few years. It was Greek, Arabian, and British/French mythology. Now it is just two of those. While I of many wish they would bring back the original Poseidon with it's shocking and astounding conclusion (for those that have never been before) I doubt they will. I think the original was costing them to much. They burned a whole lot of propane in the original.

USF had a Nickelodeon section. It was interesting at the beginning when the TV channel started. After some years people lost interest.

usfproduction026.jpg

I remember the Nick section of USF my first trip to USF ( I was 5) I got slimed in the studio tour thing. I got a certificate but dropped it on Kong. Thats when I really developed my interest in theme parks and it was the only time I went to USF that nick was still around.

Oh yeah. I remember going to the Nick studios! And the slime machine! I loved it!

This is exactly why there should he a nickelodeon island. Mythos, however, I cannot see being "Nickelodeonized"...... hmm....

LC shouldn't change, in my opinion. I like the idea of updating Poseiden and simply keeping it like it is. LC was my favorite island, and i really want them to keep at least a part of it.