The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9) | Page 143 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Zelda fans, I’m curious what kind of attractions you would like in a land. I know nothing about the IP (I still don’t understand how the game is called Zelda and the main character is Link lol).

Would Zelda make a good show - like the puzzle theater concept, or would you prefer a more traditional ride?
The Lost Woods indoor maze/walkthrough ending with the Master Sword resting in its pedestal in front of the Great Deku Tree a la Breath of the Wild. Koroks are also found throughout the maze as well as the amazing music track.4CB99FE8-FC78-41C0-9D73-CD00F6673D3E.jpeg
breath_of_the_wild_x4x.jpg_242310155.jpg

gujm2kb6hnv01.jpg

The Forest area outside the hidden show building would feature a rendition of this classic track.

The major E Ticket is found within Hyrule Castle. A Forbidden Journey/Jurassic World Adventure style ride that takes you across Hyrule encountering the many dangerous monsters.
EF921B8C-EF6F-44F5-9507-A9527165A2BE.jpegE7065D37-5364-4E21-A326-97A4501FDABF.jpegC8D1CA10-7CE7-4FD0-AD70-30AF776DCC07.jpegEDAE0000-8EA9-40A7-B008-8F9F2280350D.jpeg

And thanks to Tears of the Kingdom, we have ride vehicles (if they don’t go with that boat/flying patent).
99C9F686-A5DA-4F25-9444-9F313F161231.jpeg

Also in Hyrule castle we’d have the Hyrulean Royal Banquet hall featuring delicacies from across the kingdom and basically be a replacement for Mythos even though it wouldn’t be in the same location.

Outside Hyrule Castle you’d have Castle Town which could kind of be a unique creation based on as many games as possible. Happy Mask Shop from Ocarina of Time, the Milk Bar from Majora’s Mask, various mini game shops, shops themed to the different races of the Gorons, Rito, Zora, and Gerudo. And of course, another classic tune.

But really you can cycle though any of the main town themes in the games and have it fit relatively well.

One detail though that I think must be here, no matter where you are outside in the land, if it starts raining…

The Song of Storms

Last edited:
Zelda fans, I’m curious what kind of attractions you would like in a land. I know nothing about the IP (I still don’t understand how the game is called Zelda and the main character is Link lol).

Would Zelda make a good show - like the puzzle theater concept, or would you prefer a more traditional ride?
The flying boat ride patent themed to Wind-waker would be my dream.

A people mover-style (or a Kuka arm) attraction where you are placed into one of the robot things from the last game would also work.
Seconding the Wind Waker boat ride. Love Wind Waker, love boat rides, would greatly enjoy seeing both make their way to a Universal park.

Reactions: Nico

Men in Black but you're on a boat rocking crossbows.

I would like to see a Shrine from BotW along the lagoon which would add a fun element at night. Also a Guardian figure that would occasionally awaken and menace guests.
Shrines or dungeons should act as interactive games, imo. Collect Ruppees instead of coins, and use the items/tablet powers to complete them. Fight a boss at the end. Classic stuff.

There’s been a lot of pages… and I don’t have the time to sort so we’re just gonna leave it as is. Sorry.
All good! Not serious. I was just trying to help out earlier.

Edit: Sorry Brian. I didn’t realize that post was about moving posts, I just thought it was about the topic should be somewhere else. My bad.

Last edited:
Shrines or dungeons should act as interactive games, imo. Collect Ruppees instead of coins, and use the items/tablet powers to complete them. Fight a boss at the end. Classic stuff.
I would much prefer ocarinas being involved in the interactive parts of land. Sorta combine the wands of potter but also allow them to be used in interactive games like the power up bands in Super Nintendo World

I wonder if they would KIdzone this and double dip on some Nintendo stuff

For instance, front half Zelda and back half Kirby

I really would love to see DreamLand come to UO somewhere, IOA could be a good fit
I actually think Kirby would be a great fit for the space aesthetic at EU. A land probably won’t happen since Kirby is not even one of Nintendo’s top 5 franchises, but wouldn’t be out of place to see the little pink guy wandering through the central hub.

So, I've only played parts of BOTW but I'm sorta familiar with the franchise's most popular game. I think a mostly scenic boat ride similar to Shanghai Pirates would be great, and also potentially a simulator or dark ride of some kind. This land would definitely benefit from a family flat or two. I just hope this land can fill some gaps in IoA and UOR's lineup, particularly the need for a non-soaking water ride, more indoor rides (at IoA), and less thrill rides (also at IoA). I don't remember who said it, but I agree that this land could be great, even with only one E-ticket, if they can nail the scenery and atmosphere.

I'd love a indoor boat ride, similar to POC....BUT....with three outdoor water attractions already in IOA, I'd question whether 'UC would be reluctant to put a 4th ride in, balance of park considerations and all.

Honestly, I feel like once TL is replaced, there's a chance we could lose one of the water rides there. I don't know anything, but I've always found it weird how IoA has 3 very wet water rides which are all in one corner of the park. I wouldn't mind having ANOTHER water ride if this one was indoors and not as thrilling for more variety and to cover the potential loss of another

Big, thrilling dark ride, some sort of big indoor/outdoor dungeon interactive play area, a restaurant to replace mythos, and a potion bar.
Yes. Give us Mount Crumpit.
Yes, in Suess Landing, not in a weird perpetual Christmas land
Honestly, I feel like once TL is replaced, there's a chance we could lose one of the water rides there. I don't know anything, but I've always found it weird how IoA has 3 very wet water rides which are all in one corner of the park. I wouldn't mind having ANOTHER water ride if this one was indoors and not as thrilling for more variety and to cover the potential loss of another
“Once TL is replaced” is probably not a guarantee in the semi near future

So, I've only played parts of BOTW but I'm sorta familiar with the franchise's most popular game. I think a mostly scenic boat ride similar to Shanghai Pirates would be great, and also potentially a simulator or dark ride of some kind. This land would definitely benefit from a family flat or two. I just hope this land can fill some gaps in IoA and UOR's lineup, particularly the need for a non-soaking water ride, more indoor rides (at IoA), and less thrill rides (also at IoA). I don't remember who said it, but I agree that this land could be great, even with only one E-ticket, if they can nail the scenery and atmosphere.

Basically do HTTYD at EU but replace the coaster and stage show with an indoor dark ride.

Big, thrilling dark ride, some sort of big indoor/outdoor dungeon interactive play area, a restaurant to replace mythos, and a potion bar.

Yes, in Suess Landing, not in a weird perpetual Christmas land

“Once TL is replaced” is probably not a guarantee in the semi near future
Fine with expanding Seuss for half the area and Hogsmeade for the other. Split it down the middle.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
If I were to blue sky a Zelda land, the bridge from Suess would lead into Hyrule Castle town, with a few small vendors, with the big E ticket in the castle where PF is. The mythos area I’d make into Zora’s domain, with a rethemed Mythos and maybe a splash pad by the water for the kids. Sindbad area I would make the Lost Woods/Forest Haven with a big play area/dungeon interactive area, which would blend well into the wooded area by Hogwarts Express

Last edited:
I think a Zelda land/experience makes total sense and would bring in so much cash and it seems like the internet/this forum are totally sold on that is the most logical answer, do we have anything else to potentially speculate it would be or nah that is crazy and it is totally going to be Zelda?

The Zelda franchise has been around as long as I have, so when I imagine a Zelda land, I think of concepts that end up in most of the games.

1) Temples, Shrines, Dungeons - Some indoor attraction that involves solving puzzles to unlock a big prize or a Boss Fight. This kinda feels like Poseidon’s Fury all over again.

2) Marketplace or Bazaar - Shops and games that help you build up your inventory with basic supplies for your quest.

3) Village houses, Inns, Stables - Places with eccentric characters that allow you to find food and rest between quests.

4) The Lost Woods - A forest area with magical creatures (but no motorbikes) where you can try to pull a powerful sword from a pedestal

5) Great Deku Tree - A giant, talking, mystical tree that maybe sprays leaves and branches at you or something lol

Basically, it’s a lot of things that already exist conceptually in Lost Continent, which is why Zelda almost seems perfect as a replacement.