The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9) | Page 193 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I do see the waits dropped today. But I did randomly check last week and it was still pretty high. I knew waits would be high, it is why I got express after 4. I just don't think I was expecting 100+ so often nor express lines being busy. I will say express was WAY better this weekend compared to the other times. Mummy was still bad, but ET we actually did since it wasn't 25 minutes this time and a bunch were pretty much walk on for express.
These are the Universal stand by times from Touring Plans through yesterday. Jan. 7 Level 8...Jan. 8 Level 4...Jan. 9 Level 3...Jan. 10 Level 4...Jan. 11 Level 4...Jan. 12 Level 2...Jan. 13 Level 9...Jan. 14 Level 9...Jan. 15 Level 5......So, fairly low to moderate most weekdays. .....Feb. projections look like low/moderate crowds on first and last weekdays. Middle two weeks fairly crowded. Weekends all projected busy.

These are the Universal stand by times from Touring Plans through yesterday. Jan. 7 Level 8...Jan. 8 Level 4...Jan. 9 Level 3...Jan. 10 Level 4...Jan. 11 Level 4...Jan. 12 Level 2...Jan. 13 Level 9...Jan. 14 Level 9...Jan. 15 Level 5......So, fairly low to moderate most weekdays. .....Feb. projections look like low/moderate crowds on first and last weekdays. Middle two weeks fairly crowded. Weekends all projected busy.
That is interesting because when I have been looking at waits VC and Hagrids were 100+ and flight was 70+, so less people still means long lines for certain rides? Maybe I cherry picked the wrong times of the day to look. I have been curious so looking. Today the waits are below 100 when I looked.

That is interesting because when I have been looking at waits VC and Hagrids were 100+ and flight was 70+, so less people still means long lines for certain rides? Maybe I cherry picked the wrong times of the day to look. I have been curious so looking. Today the waits are below 100 when I looked.
Long waits don’t necessarily mean busy, especially if they reduce the capacity/ops.

Last edited:
Hagrids is almost always real high. VC is generally moderately high , so there's rarely much deviation when it comes to those two. Where things are noticeable on a days crowd is usually reflected in attractions like FJ, Kong, Spiderman, Transformers, Mummy, etc.....As Brian said. Basically line/crowd time and attendance don't necessarily co relate , often due to less vehicles/trains etc. But in general, non holiday weekday line times aren't bad except for stuff like Hagrids.....And, generally the time of day has the most influence on lines. Noon to 5:00 is almost always the longest lines of the day. Early mornings are still the best time to visit theme parks and find shorter lines (except for AK that's best the last few hours when guests leave the park in mass)......Bottom line is that if you go to Universal on weekends, expect long lines. Weekends are almost always, high moderate to very high, stand by wait times, unless there's a weather event.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nico
Hagrids is almost always real high. VC is generally moderately high , so there's rarely much deviation when it comes to those two. Where things are noticeable on a days crowd is usually reflected in attractions like FJ, Kong, Spiderman, Transformers, Mummy, etc.....As Brian said. Basically line/crowd time and attendance don't necessarily co relate , often due to less vehicles/trains etc. But in general, non holiday weekday line times aren't bad except for stuff like Hagrids.....And, generally the time of day has the most influence on lines. Noon to 5:00 is almost always the longest lines of the day. Early mornings are still the best time to visit theme parks and find shorter lines (except for AK that's best the last few hours when guests leave the park in mass)......Bottom line is that if you go to Universal on weekends, expect long lines. Weekends are almost always, high moderate to very high, stand by wait times, unless there's a weather event.

Agreed, I understand weekend is high and since that is when I can go, well it is always high for me. I was more curious about weekdays and had been looking at waits last week, but you are right I was just gauging a couple rides and not the whole. Today is by far way lower waits than I have seen since we got passes. So I imagine we are now in the slower season. I will take off work and pull my kids from school to do parks as a mommy and 1 child thing so I was trying to gauge waits on the weekdays. I wonder if MLK made people also vacation last week as I expected VC to be lower last week based on the VC post. But today they are way lower.

I am a night owl and you probably won't catch me much at rope drop, so express after 4 is a nice option and one of several reasons we went with Universal over Disney when we decided to move away from SW as we had tired of it.

Reactions: Mad Dog and Nico
Hagrids is almost always real high. VC is generally moderately high , so there's rarely much deviation when it comes to those two. Where things are noticeable on a days crowd is usually reflected in attractions like FJ, Kong, Spiderman, Transformers, Mummy, etc.

Agreed, I understand weekend is high and since that is when I can go, well it is always high for me. I was more curious about weekdays and had been looking at waits last week, but you are right I was just gauging a couple rides and not the whole. Today is by far way lower waits than I have seen since we got passes. So I imagine we are now in the slower season. I will take off work and pull my kids from school to do parks as a mommy and 1 child thing so I was trying to gauge waits on the weekdays. I wonder if MLK made people also vacation last week as I expected VC to be lower last week based on the VC post. But today they are way lower.

I am a night owl and you probably won't catch me much at rope drop, so express after 4 is a nice option and one of several reasons we went with Universal over Disney when we decided to move away from SW as we had tired of it.
Holidays always spur visits at both WDW and Universal. Attendance patterns are much more spread out than in the past when Christmas and Summer were the mainstays. Even minor holidays like Columbus day and Veterans day bring the crowds in for a long weekend, or even whole week, vacations.......Myself, I stay away from vacations at the parks if there's a holiday in the date vicinity.

Last edited:
Reactions: IzzyB
Are you saying Universal is cutting costs by reducing capacity/operations? :no_mouth:
Yes. Universal doing staffing based on crowd levels, as they've always done (along with every other company ever), is a new cost cutting strategy being implemented by the current management.

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

I mean, it's not new, but it's also not a practice I particularly appreciate (as a guest who enjoys not waiting in lines longer than necessary).

It’s still lower than peak times; but obviously not going to be walk-on. I get it, but it’s a practice employed by nearly any business - small, medium, and corporations. Hell, even I employ it when it comes to streaming/cable. Haha.

There is no reason to have 5 when 3-4 can do the same job.

For those that don't know, Zelda series producer Eiji Aunuma was in the Epic Universe instagram video Universal released and then deleted yesterday, and his inclusion was almost certainly why it was deleted.
That all but confirms it in my eyes.