The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9) | Page 44 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I too like Poseidon's because it's a walkthrough. There's nothing like it in Orlando.

That being said, the storyline is pretty hokey and the attraction has seen much better days. The tunnel was the show's biggest effect and I can't remember the last time I saw it working.

Sure, the storyline is a bit cheeseball, but I really love the exploratory, archaeology-y, mythology-heavy vibe of the attraction. It's a refreshing change of pace in the park.

I too like Poseidon's because it's a walkthrough. There's nothing like it in Orlando.

That being said, the storyline is pretty hokey and the attraction has seen much better days. The tunnel was the show's biggest effect and I can't remember the last time I saw it working.
The water tunnel has worked every time I've been there. Plus they updated & refurbed the effects last year. Pretty good laser show now.

The water tunnel has worked every time I've been there. Plus they updated & refurbed the effects last year. Pretty good laser show now.
That's good to know! It's been a long time since I've done Poseidon's. The last time I went, the tunnel wasn't working and they just covered the hallway in fog.

At the time, it seemed like the consensus was that the tunnel was never coming back (?). Glad to know they've been refurbing it well.

The Lost Continent just seems so lifeless and dead, like it's holding on to its grasp for life. The show is cheesy and doesn't hold well with the times like Waterworld is. It's the only themed area in the park without a major ride. Might as well go on the chopping the block and replace with Legend of Zelda if they have the chance, but it's not going to take until 2025 or maybe two years before the 2028 L.A. Olympics.

In a way, I can actually understand that.

Sinbad is a horrible piece of garbage, and Poseidon's Fury is not what it used to be. Depending on what they do, Lost Continent's 7.5 acres can be used to a great advantage.
hey, in spite of that all, I still love it. I 100% understand why it's gonna go, but I'm never gonna stop admiring the theming, even once it's gone. I won't be able to explain my love for this area in just this post, but in the future I imagine I'll tell all my stories.

Here's to The Lost Continent, may it forever remain lost.

hey, in spite of that all, I still love it. I 100% understand why it's gonna go, but I'm never gonna stop admiring the theming, even once it's gone. I won't be able to explain my love for this area in just this post, but in the future I imagine I'll tell all my stories.

Here's to The Lost Continent, may it forever remain lost.
In a way, it'll make Lost Continent the most accurate theme park land in the world. It's literally a lost continent. It no longer exists. How immersive! :lol:

One of two sit down restaurants in the park. I doubt they’ll get rid of it. At least they’ll retheme it
I think Universal is done with sit-down restaurants in the parks.

They seem to be trying to establish CityWalk as the place for sit-down restaurants and the parks as places for counter service.

They haven’t opened a sit down restaurant in the park in ages and they haven’t opened a proper quick service in CityWalk since the sandwich place.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
I think Universal is done with sit-down restaurants in the parks.

They seem to be trying to establish CityWalk as the place for sit-down restaurants and the parks as places for counter service.

They haven’t opened a sit down restaurant in the park in ages and they haven’t opened a proper quick service in CityWalk since the sandwich place.

Nah. There’ll always be 2 in each park.

Reactions: JPRA513 and Quint
I can confirm. The script’s changed a bit too I believe. It’s actually not half-bad right now. Just a bit better than half-bad though.
It has always seemed to me that the actor is the most important aspect of that attraction. The first time we experienced it, a short lady played the role. She overacted so badly, and seemed to be imitating the Smaug character from LOTR. She was really bad. I definitely was disappointed in the attraction, but the next year we visited I tried it again. The actor was excellent. He was Indiana Jones like with just the right amount of feigned fear to make the role like a satiric IJ, but not corny. We loved the attraction. Ever since then we've always had pretty good actors. I think that's crucial. Last year, with the new laser & other effects, the show was even better. And I always enjoy the queue and the mood of a dark, cold, labyrinth leading to the chambers. I will miss it when it's gone. Guessing two or three more years until it's torn down and it's successor, be it Zelda or Dragons, takes over that area. But, when I go in May, as is my habit, it will be one of the first attractions I visit.

Last edited:
Reactions: universal_fanatic