Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

But even Disney, who are pretty spectacular with their shows, can be hit and miss with their quality. That’s the risk of a show.

There have been a lot of fails in theme park shows, but it's not impossible to create something worthwhile. The old Aladdin show at California Adventure was one of the best theme park experiences (including ride attractions) anywhere. Grinchmas after so many years remains popular, can't see why something similar can't work year round - obviously not Christmas themed.

I'm all for Shows...but Universal has lost its edge....Bill and Ted was great but no can't do that any more....I just feel like new shows are fine like I really prefer Shrek 4D to Kunfu Panda. Shrek feels like a literal sequel while Panda is some none important "adventure"
Tech wise they have improved but story telling wise I feel like newer shows just feel more generic

you’re right. Impressive tech but poor writing. Bourne has nothing on T2 in regards to the writing and the whole experience.

So, let’s make that E ticket Zelda ride happen lol. A full time show in Seuss Landing I’ve always felt would be perfect. I wonder what traffic in the park would be like if LC was a major draw, which it’s never been in my time going to Universal. I can’t imagine how crowded the top right of the park would be between that and Hogsmeade. Perfect time then to add a show somewhere.
I hope that BoTW boat ride/suspended vehicle concept that was posted can see the light of day.

A show and a dark ride still wouldn't get IOA anywhere close to Disneyland.

While shows make sense from an academic perspective and they do soak up people for a long duration, the economics are usually rather poor when competing against other ideas in the approval phase. They're also much riskier (the GSAT range from a good script to a bad script is easily 30ppt) and decidedly less marketable to the masses, nighttime spectaculars excluded.
Even Disney in Florida can't get close to Disneyland :)

Since the question of Waterworld’s size has popped up again...
Regarding Waterworld... because I'm a bit annoyed about it.

This is Waterworld in Hollywood overlaid on Sinbad. There may be, like, a 10 foot difference in scale, but this gives you a sense of how massive that show is, how big its backstage is, and how it wouldn't just be a simple "conversion." It would nearly eradicate what remains of the market place with a dystopian future-based show. So, not a bloody chance.

Ironically, though, it fits pretty well in the Studios... where it should go.

I've yet to eat at Mythos, I'll make sure to drop by there for lunch next time. That grilled cheese does sound good, even if I regret it walking around the park after.

Especially for those of us who are lactose intolerant or have a flat-out allergic reaction. I wouldn't be on a ride for the rest of the day out of fear.

Storm Force is preparing to reopen- can’t be too far out on Poseidon’s Fury??
If PF comes back at all, I think it'll only be seasonal for the Summer and Holiday season. I wouldn't necessarily expect that it will for sure come back though.

Yeah, but that's a bit different since it's in a soundstage. If it's not filled by next year, I'm guessing it'll probably be used for HHN.
Isn’t there a house in Shrek? Move that over to BMG I’d think leaves room for SLOP, but I digress.

I want this to come back as it’s basically the only thing I’ve never done on property, I’d be bitter if I never got the chance.

I've been going to PF every vacation for the past ten years, Numerous times each year. We generally go in the off season. I can't recall a single time that I went on the attraction that the main room wasn't either completely
filled, or three quarters filled at the very least. And that's usually early in the day before the parks get crowded, since we almost always go back to the hotel during the early afternoon hours when the crowds arrive. Just sayin.

I've been going to PF every vacation for the past ten years, Numerous times each year. We generally go in the off season. I can't recall a single time that I went on the attraction that the main room wasn't either completely
filled, or three quarters filled at the very least. And that's usually early in the day before the parks get crowded, since we almost always go back to the hotel during the early afternoon hours when the crowds arrive. Just sayin.

Poseidon's Fury is always going to get solid traffic given the impressiveness of its facade. Brought a first-timer over the weekend and they asked about going inside and what attraction was in there. Again, I think it will be back as soon as all distancing protocols are fully dropped.

Add me to the chorus requesting they drop the awful upbeat pop music in the Lost City area, though. Tonally incoherent and messes with what's otherwise one of the most calming and atmospheric areas of either park. We've got the Dreamworks Destination now, so all of those characters appear to have moved there - all I saw were Mardi Gras-style mermaids, sirens, and sea creatures, all of whom could interact with guests using the intended OST.