The Future of The Simpsons Ride/Springfield (Orlando) | Page 20 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of The Simpsons Ride/Springfield (Orlando)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This would be way sooner than expected if they are beginning the process of removing Simpsons. My expectation was that they would leave it be until after EU opens and then look into replacing everything there.

I have to wonder whatever is replacing it will be a dual concept for both USH and USF. I mean, they have pretty close to the same amount of space to work with.

Maybe they could repurpose that original plan for SLoP but with a Simpsons theme.

This would be way sooner than expected if they are beginning the process of removing Simpsons. My expectation was that they would leave it be until after EU opens and then look into replacing everything there.
I have to wonder whatever is replacing it will be a dual concept for both USH and USF. I mean, they have pretty close to the same amount of space to work with.

Maybe they could repurpose that original plan for SLoP but with a Simpsons theme.
My guess is if they were to start on a Simpsons replacement the ride would go down in 2026 and the replacement would the 2028 addition to USF and USH. Meaning USF would get a new ride to draw people back to the park after Zelda opens at IOA in 2027 and USH for LA2028.

Some sort of dark ride probably larger than Pets seems to be a safe bet for a Simpsons replacement.

On a side note the spring tent area looks like it could hold another land probably separate from whatever replaces Simpsons. Maybe that could/will be cloned with whatever replaces SS 16-24 and Mummy at USH. The plots of land appear about the same size.

Reactions: tankart150
My guess is if they were to start on a Simpsons replacement the ride would go down in 2026 and the replacement would the 2028 addition to USF and USH. Meaning USF would get a new ride to draw people back to the park after Zelda opens at IOA in 2027 and USH for LA2028.

Some sort of dark ride probably larger than Pets seems to be a safe bet for a Simpsons replacement.

On a side note the spring tent area looks like it could hold another land probably separate from whatever replaces Simpsons. Maybe that could/will be cloned with whatever replaces SS 16-24 and Mummy at USH. The plots of land appear about the same size.

We're not doing this again.

Could be possible USH opts in to go with something different if they are intending to stick to having the land open by 2028. Would mean that they might be planning at spending the next two months before permits go up for HHN, on fixing up and cleaning up the infastructure ahead of a demolishment (like when Kidzone was prepping in 2017 for SNW then and there).

For now, I am quite curious to see the end result either way. Because even if something happens to TSR, it means they are doing upgrades to HHN in Orlando for venues sakes.

Reactions: tankart150
Been like that for a while now unfortunately
Wonder if part of going seasonal is just to defer maintenance throughout the year. The ride system is well over 30 by now. But obviously, this should be affecting the projectors to a lesser degree. I'm not sure what it is about late 00s to early 10s rides with heavy projection, they all seem to have similar problems with projector focus.

Wonder if part of going seasonal is just to defer maintenance throughout the year. The ride system is well over 30 by now. But obviously, this should be affecting the projectors to a lesser degree. I'm not sure what it is about late 00s to early 10s rides with heavy projection, they all seem to have similar problems with projector focus.
I don’t know, but the screens have not been great for years now, not just a recent thing.

I think the perfect replacement for Simpsons(Florida only) is PETS.
Think about it…what’s right next to Simpsons? Animal Actors! What’s that about? Animals!
Make the whole area themed to animals. It will give everything some cohesion. They can even add PETS theming to animal actors.

Idk…It’s probably a terrible idea but wanted to share my opinion on it.

As for Hollywood I think they should retheme it to How to Train your Dragon.

Well this answers a lot of questions. Sprung tents. When is studios is getting something new. Simpsons contract.

2024 is going to be wild.
They really need to do Pokemon and Zelda at the same time, so I am hoping the swap isn't reality and they just start moving workers from Epic over to the other parks. IOA desperately needs that capacity of lost continent. But Studios really needs a hit new ride, the last 3 have been very Meh.