The Future of The Simpsons Ride/Springfield (Orlando) | Page 33 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of The Simpsons Ride/Springfield (Orlando)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If I'm not mistaken, the source of that information was Universal Core. Take it with an extremely large grain of salt.
Not to rehash this old conspiracy level rumor, but if there is any truth to any of the multiple mistruths floating around, the only theory I’ve heard that sounded even remotely believable is that someone may have questioned why the land was able to soft open without final paint on some of the areas. That’s it. I don’t believe a single word of any other variations of the rumor, and even this I’m sure could’ve been taken out of context, if there’s even a kernel of truth to it.

why the land was able to soft open without final paint on some of the areas. That’s it. I don’t believe a single word of any other variations of the rumor, and even this I’m sure could’ve been taken out of context, if there’s even a kernel of truth to it.

Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

It was a total non-issue. Just someone trying to push a clickbait narrative.

Once again relaying this from the USF what do we think about it thread. Apparently according to Tomfoolery the rumored Pokemon replacement to Simpsons will be unique to USF and will not be a clone of USJ's.
As someone who has only played Pokémon Go, I’d hope for some kind of Safari or ET type suspended ride where you just get to see all the iconic Pokemon in animatronic form.

As someone who has only played Pokémon Go, I’d hope for some kind of Safari or ET type ride where you just get to see all the iconic Pokemon in animatronic form.
I seem to remember that one of the original concepts pitched when Pokemon was going to take over Kidzone was an omnimover Pokemon Snap type ride.

Reactions: mccgavin
I seem to remember that one of the original concepts pitched when Pokemon was going to take over Kidzone was an omnimover Pokemon Snap type ride.
I still strongly feel that this is the best idea they could go with. Pokemon Snap could lend itself extremely well to being adapted into a ride. The game itself already feels somewhat like a theme park attraction as-is.

It's hard to think of what a quintessential Pokémon ride would even be to the expectations of the general public just because the world of this IP is so expansive that it doesn't have an easy to point to "it should be this!" answer for a ride type. The closest is Pokémon Snap in terms of translating an experience in the games directly to a ride, but even then that's a pretty small part of the franchise. You could just as easily say they should build a ride based on riding on the back of Lapras, or journeying through the Pokémon world on a bicycle.

Like I think back to SNW on how they translated the games into real life. If you think about the most iconic modes of transport in a Mario game what immediately comes to mind is riding on Yoshi or in a Kart, which is exactly the two rides we got at Super Nintendo World. Same for Donkey Kong and the obvious answer being a ride in a Minecart.

Reactions: OrlLover